My name is Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington

But I mostly go by well, I don't like it, but the students call me Nearly Headless Nick.

I'm a male, thank you.

I am also a ghost.

I died when I was about 50 years old. You will have to forgive me, I don't recall it that well.

The House I was in was Gryffindor.

My Deathday is October 31, 1492.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm one of the more approachable of the ghosts, truly. I help out students as much as I am able, especially students of my house. I also have a bit of a sensitive spot due to my botched beheading. Well, my head is hanging on by a flap of skin, after all.

My background story is Well, I was born in the middle of the fifteenth century. I attended Hogwarts when I was of age, and was sorted into Gryffindor. I did well enough, though Transfiguration was one subject I did poorly in. I graduated and moved on to the rest of the world.

As an adult, I worked my way around Muggles often, eventually working my way into the court. I was knighted, and was well-respected. However, that was to be my downfall. You see, one woman I had met had an unfortunate tooth problem. Lady Grieve had crooked teeth, and I attempted to straighten them. Unfortunately, my attempt resulted in the unfortunate woman forming a tusk. I was immediately arrested and had my wand taken, preventing my escape.

That mistake was the last one I would make alive. I was sentenced to execution by beheading, and well, they botched it. They used a blunt axe, and chopped at my neck forty-five times to sever my head from my body. The pain was excruciating, and my head was only partially severed by the time it was fully done. I feared death, and thus ended up a ghost, where I now reside in Hogwarts as the resident ghost of Gryffindor House.

I enjoy helping people, startling students, my deathday, parties, and retelling my botched beheading to new ears.

I despise headless jokes, people calling me Nearly Headless Nick, being referred to as a coward, not being able to eat, and being rejected from the Headless Hunt every year.

I'm afraid of well, death. There is a reason I am a ghost, after all.

My strengths are being helpful and going through solid objects.

My flaws are well, all the same flaws a ghost would have, such as not being able to affect anything and lacking the ability to eat, for starters.

You'll find me haunting the castle of Hogwarts.

I look like this.

Gryff