Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[ANSWERED] Assigning Teepee Stats where you want? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you like to assign stats you roll where you want?
Yes
80%
 80%  [ 93 ]
No
19%
 19%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 115

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:14 am
In February I will be opening a new stat rolling thread and providing a new quick option for rolling stats (you roll six 12-sided dice). [This is so that the thread is posted by the teepee mule rather than soquili mule and makes it easier to introduce change].

My real question/suggestion is something I want YOU as the customers to help decide.

Should you be able to assign the rolls to the attribute you want?
Currently they are assigned automatically in the order you roll them.
So 4, 12, 9, 7, 4, 8 would mean:
Strength: 4%
Courage: 12%
Speed: 9%
Intelligence: 7%
Luck: 4%
Stamina: 8%

But what if you could record those scores and then assign them as you want to match up with your idea/personality you want for your soquili?
For example, using the same numbers above but ordering them as follows:
Strength: 8%
Courage: 4%
Speed: 4%
Intelligence: 12%
Luck: 9%
Stamina: 7%

Turning my soquili into a smart but rather slow creature (yay... nerds? *shot*)

Anyway... I will leave the poll open for 20 days, after that whatever the result is will be used. So if the vote leans to Yes it will be implemented, if it leans to No things will stay as they are. The power is with you guys!
Edit By Mindsend: It has to lean more than 65% negative to not happen, since anywhere before then makes enough people happy that, since this is an optional thing you don't have to do if you don't want to, that it'd be better to do it than NOT to

wahmbulance You wouldn't have to assign them differently if you didn't want to. This would be optional and up to the user (if implemented).
wahmbulance You would still NOT be allowed to delete rolls/posts.

Feel free to comment if you wish.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:35 am
I do have a question. owo
What if the roll is a number between one and three?
Would those round up to four, or would we have to use that number?
Cause before the lowest you could get was four.

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:52 am
x blame it on the --- x
I do have a question. owo
What if the roll is a number between one and three?
Would those round up to four, or would we have to use that number?
Cause before the lowest you could get was four.

I've seen Mind roll her stats this way and most of the time she's rounded anything lower than 4 to a 4 ...

I've love to have a faster method of rolling stats. I don't know about recording them and switching them around as you see fit though.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:28 am
I don't think its a bad idea... but if I win a pet or have a pet from a breeding I often use the stats to help design the character, rather than the stats having to fit what I want. I understand that this can be annoying... if you want a really brave pet and they get 4 for courage its frustraiting, but the stats aren't permanent... They alter as the soquili develops if you RP....

So I'm not sure, Its not a bad idea but at the same time its all chance, life never goes exactly how we want it and sure its fantasy and it should go how we want... But I don't think I'd be happy with the assigning them where you want.... On the fence about that one.

As for the rolling 6 dice at once.... I have the same question as Blame for that one. But a faster way to roll would be a nice option. As long as its your choice which you use.  

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:58 am
@Blame: Yes, anything below 4 becomes a 4. This is all explained in the new thread so you don't need to worry about that. It will be moved from the 'staff plotting' section to the the teepee section in February smile

The lowest will still continue to be 4.

@Tefla: Yep, Mindsend recieved permission from Samus to roll like this already, but we've discussed making it an option for everyone. Just like with this assigned rolling you DO NOT have to use the method if you don't want to. You can continue to use the method we use now if you want. The disadvantage with rolling them all with a dice is you are more likely to have lower starting stats, but obviously it is faster. The opposite applies to the traditional method.

-------------------

In terms of stats, assigning them won't make too much difference. It will still likely take 10 months of RP to max them out, unless you are careful and apply for specific attributes in the stat bonus question thread. Sometimes you can shave a month off that way. In the end this is just about starting your pet off. I personally don't care either way, I would likely just continue to assign stats to my pets as they are rolled (maybe I am just being lazy? XD haha) this has simply been suggested and brought up a few times before so I decided to offer up the choice to the store =D  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:01 am
Oh my goodness, yay. I've been hoping for a faster rolling system like this for years. I think the option of rolling a single soquili's stats in one roll is worth the cost of potentially lower stats in the case of 1-4 = 4.

And I like the idea of being able to assign them to where you want with a soquili to make a soquili you have a predetermined idea for more appropriae, however I don't think most people - because of the years of existing stats where you couldn't assign them AND the fact that a soquili that's RP'd can literally have 10x the value of a non-RP'd soquili, really use them that much when it actually comes to RP.  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:08 am
I agree Sabin, stats are rarely used in actual RP. I must admit, eventhough I RP a lot, that I don't use them when building a character in RP. I don't think... "hmmm ***soquili** has high luck, how can I use that in his RP?" or "Oh **soquili** lacks speed but has good stamina, how will I show this?" I simply go with what my muses tell me too XD haha.

Generally I think stats are mostly used for things such as familiar discount, breeding basket numbers and discount in places like mindsends item store. Or maybe that's just me? XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:33 am
I view it the same way. If the stats were assignable from the begining, or if RP meant that a stat could rase, say, a few points rather than 90+ points, I might view it differently. But all things considered, I mostly use them for the same purpose - a kind of scale of how much they've been RPd.

One option (but it would require a LOT of work in changing like all existing soquili's stats) would be to just cut them down to their highest stat / roll one die per new soquili - but the system's been in place for so long I don't see that as being very plausible eihter - and as Faid mentioned above - some people do use it as a jumping off point for personality concepts for new soquili.  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Kirowyn Love

Eloquent Raider

14,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:41 am
I think having a choice as to whether or not you want to assign certain rolls to certain stats would be great. That way people who want the randomness of it to build a character have that, and the people who maybe customed a Soquili or already have their personalities and such drawn out can put them in the right stat slots accordingly.

It's not like you're getting any kind of bonus - since there's nothing particular to each stat (IE no bonus JUST for strength as far as I know) then no one is getting an advantage anywhere.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:47 am
I would like to be able to assign stats - particularly for customs. You're coming in with a character - it would be nice if their stats reflect that. On the other hand, for baskets - rolling helps me determine the foal's personality. I like being able to have a mix.

For stats - there are two things I would like to suggest as a possible option.

One - instead of rolling a 12 sided dice and having a higher chance at the low stats - roll and 8 sided dice and add either 3 or 4 to the total [three means the high is now 11 - four means the low is now 5] which allows for a better range without sacrificing speed.

Two - have a point buy. Right now there are six stats. The range is between four and twelve, with eight being the middle number. So you could say everyone has 48 points they can spend between their stats. No stat can be purchased at less than four and no stat can be purchased at more than twelve. This allows a true build, makes it even across the board from character to character, and takes out the random all low or all high stats.

Neither of these really matters long term, but they would be viable options.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:58 am
Personally I think both of those suggestions are rather messy. And I will admit that I a fan of having the disadvantage of "it's quicker but you risk lower stats overall" against "its slower but you have a chance of getting more higher stats" its a gamble XD haha.... I dunno, I think really I would rather keep things simple, as it is I am sure that several newbies will forget that anything below 4 becomes a 4 (at least until they get use to it) that I don't want to make things more complicated than they really need to be smile Also, I don't wish to take us too far from where we started, it's nice to keep traditions, you know? Or at least I think it is. Haha.

But, I will keep your suggestions in mind Lyda smile thank you for suggesting them. *nodnod*  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:03 am
In theory, if you allow to choose what stat to assign numbers to, would people be allowed to shuffle stats for existing soquili? Maybe if so, do it as an all at once kind of thing - copying the code of their first post to a different thread kind of thing and just do a big replacement - of course, that means that whomever is editing the first post might be responsible for double-checking to make sure no one's cheating and trying to raise stats, which also might make it too big of a project (listing pros/cons here) - but just figured I'd put that question out there smile  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:52 am
No, I think to make it fair if this is implemented it will be a "starting from this point onwards" kind of thing. Keeps things simple, while I have nothing against the extra work I don't really think it would be worth it. If people really wanted to wait and see if this is implemented in about 20 days before rolling their stats (for pets not rolled for yet) I suppose that would be fine, but that would be up to the user. =D  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:38 pm
I would love this idea..I hate rolling stats, not because its a pain so much as the time sink it requires due to gaia's oh so annoying 'you cannot post another message so soon' message.

Since stats are not permanent and go up with RP until maxed at an equal 100 I don't see how choosing where they go will matter much in the grand scheme of things so I say..let people do it if they want to. For those who pattern their character after the dice rolls they can still just assign the dice to the stats in order rolled for the same effect.  

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

Kirowyn Love

Eloquent Raider

14,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:12 pm
User Image

One of the suggestions Lyda made made sense to me - but I think I have a simpler way to do it.

There are 6 stats - lowest number you can get is 4, highest is 12. For people who want it done in one roll, but a better chance at more even stats - roll a random number between 24 and 72. These are the highest and lowest totals you can get. The number you roll is the number of points you get to distribute between stats - keeping in mind you can't have any higher than 12 or lower than 4. (Just a suggestion)  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff