Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Muggle World (Chatterbox)
Professors, why there awesome?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:55 pm
So in this guilds on going stride to continue to be the best of its kind we are always looking on ways to improve things. Often we look at the areas we see with little interaction and wish to improve or make them more popular in some way. Being that its you the members who make this guild possible and keep it going we want to know what you think on the matter.

The role of Professors is a big one here at Hogwarts for its those professors that teacher the students the spells, potions, and knowledge they will need in their future plots and events. We want teachers to be as active as the students making each time you log on to check your classes there is a good chance for interaction all through the year in each one.

We would like to hear from you, what you think could help boost the active professors, and gain new professors the make the staff at Hogwarts more diverse and interesting?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:24 am
My honest opinion is... I would probably play a professor however there is one rule that stops me from doing so...

7. Professors may do minor updates (as in answer questions or ask some to elaborate on the class) only between the days of Wednesday - Friday.

I find when doing classes it's hard to ask a question to a professor because of this rule. So in most causes I found playing through first year nobody really bothered with the professors even when they asked questions.

A professor only posts about twice a week because of the rule as they can't really do anything within the first half of the week. We all like people who are active and being a professor you really can't be all that active seeing as you can't move the class along until midway through the week. This leaves the students to start conversations and not really pay much attention to the professors and at the end of the day that just makes you feel like you are roleplaying with yourself.

This is just my opinion anyways and I thought this would be a good place to say why it is I'm not playing as a professor. I don't know what everyone else thinks.  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:56 am
I agree with murruel. Also, I think the teacher should be able to interact with the students just like another student does with another student. As in, post questions for the students to answer. Make it more fun.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:36 pm
I third that. I don't really understand why teachers can only post in class between Wednesday and Friday. It most definitely limits any possible interaction with students and I think it makes them seem like much smaller characters than they really are. If that rule was changed, I would probably make a teacher. Of course I'll probably end up making one eventually, just to help out the guild...  

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:12 pm
That rule is badly phrased, it should say they must update at least in those days for those reasons, no Idea why I put it that way. Professors can be as active as they like in their classroom, as long as they give a good amount of time to get good responses.
The rule was merely instated to speed up some of the slower classes and slow one that was going ridiculously fast. (Did the lesson and dismissed the class the same post - didn't give students a chance to respond.)

EDIT: Fixed it

murruelecreuset

Bug430

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:55 pm
OH. Yeah, that was misleading. But I know what you mean about classes going to fast, there was one last school year that was started and dismissed on the same day, and only three people actually got a chance to post. I am definitely considering making a teacher now.  

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:07 pm
Yeah I sure will consider it even more now. Glad we got that miss communication figured out. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:08 am
Well that's one rule made to be better understood which is great. Now we just need to fire the teachers up to post often and with a drive to really want to post. Anyone think of anything that might add a nice bonus for being a teacher and for making your posts on time?  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:16 pm
Hmmm. Maybe having an active and on time teacher who interacts with students for an entire semester could earn the RPers behind the teachers points towards perks like a more-than-average slot? Something that wouldn't count for/use up the usual slots, just special slots for those with proven activity?

I'd certainly find it interesting if my hypothetical teacher could earn me the bonus of having a character (Maybe even any character of mine, not just that teacher) learn Occolumency, for example.

My Madlib Guide
Vote me up! 50/100 <3 votes and 51/100 poll votes so far!

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:55 pm
Getting this back up to the top of the line up for a bit. With the new students about please use this to comment on things, other than your basic questions to be asked in the RoR, about things you think might make being a professor that much more awesome than it already is. Remember without the teachers there really isn't much of a "School" of witch craft and wizardry.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
Muggle World (Chatterbox)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items