Total Votes : 30

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:29 am
While I've been working on the cosplay list its been suggested that there be an extended list for pets that are no longer thought of as cosplays as the rules have changed.

WoW mounts, Pokemon, Gaia items and EI's, Artwork themed and Wildlife based pets are no longer cosplays and because there can be so many variants are no longer limited themes either. (at least that is my understanding of the rules) However if you get a Pikachu pet it cannot look exactly like any other existing Pikachu pet.

With that in mind I put the question out there. Do you want a list made to include these?

The cosplay list will be long anyway, and these lists have the potential to be long as well. so my thinking for this was to put them on pages 2 and or 3 depending on how long they all are individually once finished.

Please share your thoughts on how you would like this set up or even if you want it does. I know not everyone likes lots of lists. So heres your chance to have a vote and open a discussion on what both staff and customers want.

Depending on the results I'll build the lists accordingly.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:01 am
lists are great, i love lists, it's not hard to ctrl f to search for things either.

Separate lists for things that are no longer considered 'cosplay' is a great idea!  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Roarie Desu

Kindly Gifter

20,615 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Snowflake Collector 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:22 am
Not to try and make more work for you or anything Faid...but...PLEASE!??  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:19 am
Would love this. I'd even be happy to trawl through teepees/the OL to find these guys for you xD

Lists are fun~~~  

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:33 am
Personally, unless it is something that restricts my ability to get something, I don't care about having a list.

If we just wanted a list to look through, I'd say update the owners list instead. Because it just sounds like a lot of work otherwise.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:58 am
LydaLynn
Personally, unless it is something that restricts my ability to get something, I don't care about having a list.

If we just wanted a list to look through, I'd say update the owners list instead. Because it just sounds like a lot of work otherwise.
I think th point most are focused on is that if you get a pet... for example a flygon (pokemon yay) that was the same as the existing flygon (which I own so know there is one and what it looks like) unless you have my permission for that.... Now if there were say 5 flygons in existence the odds of your design being different goes down.

I think most want this list because that way they can look and make sure their pet is different, or whos permission they need.

Side note: I believe the owners list is up ro date, but its off site and a pain in the backside to search. I'm not sure if anyone uses to to be honest unless they absolutely have to.  

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:35 am
Well, while lists are cool, they DO take a lot of time to make, and ultimately, you can't have two soquili that look identical anyway - whether or not they also happen to be based on a pokemon.
And even if someone doesn't know they're basing a soquili on the same wildlife or fictional wildlife as someone else, the chances that a different colorist is going to produce an identical soquili I'd think is pretty slim. Markings won't be in the exact same places, etc. And most of the time, you can spot a colorist's work based on the style of the soquili - they each have their own artstyle. And even if that colorist already made a soquili based on the same thing, they'd probably know it and not copy it exactly? Just my two cents.

I do wonder what the current status of artwork-based soquili is, though. Is that not still limited?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:02 am
Sabin Duvert
Well, while lists are cool, they DO take a lot of time to make, and ultimately, you can't have two soquili that look identical anyway - whether or not they also happen to be based on a pokemon.
And even if someone doesn't know they're basing a soquili on the same wildlife or fictional wildlife as someone else, the chances that a different colorist is going to produce an identical soquili I'd think is pretty slim. Markings won't be in the exact same places, etc. And most of the time, you can spot a colorist's work based on the style of the soquili - they each have their own artstyle. And even if that colorist already made a soquili based on the same thing, they'd probably know it and not copy it exactly? Just my two cents.

I do wonder what the current status of artwork-based soquili is, though. Is that not still limited?
Unless I'm misunderstanding then no artwork based are not limited theme pets anymore either.

But yes you are right that making pets that are so similar is unlikely but th thats what this is here for, to see what everyone thinks and wants.  

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:29 am
Faid Shadowlight
I think the point most are focused on is that if you get a pet... for example a flygon (pokemon yay) that was the same as the existing flygon (which I own so know there is one and what it looks like) unless you have my permission for that.... Now if there were say 5 flygons in existence the odds of your design being different goes down.

I think most want this list because that way they can look and make sure their pet is different, or whos permission they need.

Side note: I believe the owners list is up ro date, but its off site and a pain in the backside to search. I'm not sure if anyone uses to to be honest unless they absolutely have to.

I would agree with Sabin here. But if people want the list and someone is willing to make it, it isn't really an issue for me that there is a list.

As for the owner's list - I tried looking up some Soq on it a month or two ago and it didn't seem as though it had been updated in a while - that or somehow the soq I was looking for weren't coming up in search.

It is off site - which doesn't bother me. What does bother me is how very difficult it is to use. But I know we are highly limited on something that will hold that much information and data without having to pay for it.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:14 pm
The OL is very out of date again, yes. :/

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:10 pm
I wouldnt' mind helping you out with any lists you want. I love lists. I make tons of list for my own use so..yeah.

I love the idea of the lists even though I'm in some disagreement about the reclassification.

Lists are fun, and they are informative.

I do wish we could find something like Zoho again that's free. That site is amazingly epic. For anything that's not recent, I use that list because it's easy to navigate.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:05 pm
Zoho was amazing. I still use it too xD

I said it before, but I'll say it again, I'm more than happy to help out with the lists x3

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

That Artemis
Crew

Devoted Heckler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:45 am
Not to bring up more work, but I've wondered this for a while...is there any reason an Owner's List isn't just made in a thread in one of the guilds? I understand that there are a staggering number of soq out there (so creating one at this point would be a pretty daunting task), but it seems that the current lists either aren't up to date anyway or are just kind of cumbersome/inconvenient to use. Though I guess I haven't even tried to use the google docs list in forever because it refuses to load on my computer so I guess I can't speak for it's updated...ness, and I know the zoho is not update-able at this time.

I'm blanking on whether or not there ever was an owner's list in the guild/on site, and if I was around when it was I don't remember it/don't remember why it switched. I suppose I can guess because there grew to be such a large amount of pets in the shop?

Anyway, just a stray thought or two at 5am.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:27 am
I know the character limit became an issue with on-Gaia owner's lists

But, in theory I think it could still be done. I'd like it WAY better than the Gaia docs one sad But search for a particular Soq would be harder since it would have to span more than 1 page (15 posts)

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:52 am
You'd have to have at least 1 post for each letter or something, but that still means only two pages.

Yeah, character limit and ease of searching was the main reason the list got taken off-site, I believe.

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff