Total Votes : 30

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:33 am
Just to butt in where not invited, we're talking about ways to fix the OL. Again. smile

I know people aren't happy with the way it is currently. It's the only place that we've had that's free that can handle the amount of information.

That may change shortly. It's still going to be a lot of work, so please be patient. Soquili is a huge shop, as you all know, and there's a lot of information to move around.

If I recall correctly, the OL was moved -off- of Gaia and out of threads in guilds because it had become so huge and unwieldy.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:37 pm
I am fine with someone creating a list if it was felt to be necessary, but here are my two reasons to vote no.

1. Creating a pet that you would like based off of a concept should be original in some kind of marking/accessory/hair style so you should HAVE to change the original pokemon/art/wildlife design anyway. That being said, I think looking at other pets to see what you "can't" do is more likely to make you want something they have than anything else. if you design your own character it should be original just from that. (if this doesn't make sense let me know and I'll try to reword it)

2. Similar to what Lyda said, the point of the cosplay/angeni lists are because only one of those can occur. A list is necessary in those instances. This is not a necessary instance.  

slimycrow

Original Codger

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:04 pm
I agree with Slimy.

If we had kept the rules where there were there could only be a limited and set number of wildlife soquili, there would be necessary lists to have and organize. As Slimy said ,we need a Cosplay & Angeni list because we cannot allow duplicate domains, and cosplays need to stay mostly unique versions. So it's good to have those listed.

To me, making additional lists, is just making work for work. I love that you're helping out with Angeni Domains & Cosplays, but I personally don't think this is a necessary list to have around.

We are looking at new Owner's List opportunities which will, hopefully, mean making lists such as wildlife or art and stuff kind of mute.

Just my two bits though and not at all a staff response. :3

Good luck!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:45 pm
I generally like the idea of having another list for wildlife because it would be nice to see which pokemon or other related in-game monsters have already been made / to the ones that are still unique and a free concept to quest.

Plus it allows users to see how they can vary the designs from ones that have already been made. I won Amane a long time ago however he was based on an oc Arcanine of mine which was supposed to be a clone Arcanine. If I had known that would be allowed then I would have done more to allow him to look more pokemon than he does. He is still gorgeous to me though regardless.

I think this list would help for people who would love to quest for variants, for the instance that someone jumps in to customs thinking that a certain design hasn't been taken ( but has ) then this would cause creation and confusion and be more hassle than it would have been if said user had known.

Although it is extra work, it would only be the case that somebody is up for it rather than doing it for the sake of it since so many people seem to be eager to help out and have a love for lists. More the merrier, it's always helpful. <3  

Candle Wick Ghost

Romantic Lunatic

11,600 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Flatterer 200

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:37 am
Hmm ok it seems the votes go with a yes for this but there are many good points made. I'll leave this open a little longer in hopes that there is a little more debate on the subject.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:32 am
I like the idea of the list, but after reading through what everyone's said I have to agree that so long as we have a fully functional owner's list then this list is redundant. I think efforts should go into updating and maintaining an owner's list, even if it has to be a guild one that spans over a couple of pages :/

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out