Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Re: How do you get over your ex?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

add one
  +1
View Results

Exhaustedapostate

Shy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:11 pm
I've been having this problem, I'm in an open relationship with a girl named Katie, and it seems to be working out OK. But my flame for my ex has been rekindled because of something that happened between us, and she said she sorta feels it too but she's happily monogamous and in a relationship with a male partner. Now all I feel is hurt because we did date for two years, and those were both the best and the worst two years of my life. What should I do? I feel so lost. gaia_diamond

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:04 pm
I know it's hard, but the best thing to do is not think about them. Find a hobby, find something to get your emotions out. It's hard getting over an ex, but it's possible. Wish you the best.  

Chris ex Machina

Cat

19,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bookworm 100

Pia Austin

Dedicated Consumer

8,550 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:20 pm
Prince Arcus
I've been having this problem, I'm in an open relationship with a girl named Katie, and it seems to be working out OK. But my flame for my ex has been rekindled because of something that happened between us, and she said she sorta feels it too but she's happily monogamous and in a relationship with a male partner. Now all I feel is hurt because we did date for two years, and those were both the best and the worst two years of my life. What should I do? I feel so lost. gaia_diamond

Playing around on Gaia a bit, telling what you feel but do your best to move on if she isn't interested.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:11 pm
omhygawd I can't believe you're going through that. It is the worst feeling. I would say talk about how you feel. Especially if that "something" is hurting you.
Some days you may feel really bad and constantly still think about your friend, but know that there' more to life. You might find someone who's interested in you.
The best way to get over a heartbreak is to love again.

When you think about all the good times you two had this is where the mushy part comes in. (Maybe thinking about it doesn't solve the problem?) Apparently you have to distance yourself from her in order to heal.
So:
1. Talk about your feelings
2.Make sure everything's good between you two.
3. Make new friends/ go out to lunch/ go to parties.  

Spardel Shinobi

Sublime Creature

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces