Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:08 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So okay a few days ago we cooked on the grill and mom brought some shrimp for me and ehr to cook our own ways. Well after i got done eating, I had left some shrimp out for my dad to eat since he had started to eat some so I thought he would want more.

Well mom started to wash the dishes after all the cooking and eating was done and asked me what to do with the left over shrimp and I said she could throw them away and she had a fit saying they were too expensive and when I asked for the price she said "too expensive to throw away". I can only assume they were like six or seven bucks.

Well she has this habit of buying fruit and leaving it out on the table to rot. Bananas, strawberries, plums and peaches. You name it, she buys and leaves it sitting out. She just brought some strawberries a few days ago and normally they only last a day because by morning they are brownish blackish and pretty much no longer edible!

I am getting increasingly annoyed by this because I have begun to close the container they come in and put them back in the fridge!

It's freaking annoying and I shouldn't be doing it. i should just let her waste her own damn money! I mean sure seafood is pricey but so is fruit, or maybe not since she apparently she doesn't care about leaving them out to rot!

Freaking disgusting!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:58 pm
I'm not sure where you live at but around where I'm at seafood is more expensive than fruit. No she shouldn't be leaving her stuff out but letting her stuff go to rot isn't going to help either of you or teach your mother a lesson. Just pick her fruit up and you'll wind up looking good for it.  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:11 pm
Kenocka
letting her stuff go to rot isn't going to help either of you or teach your mother a lesson

^That's kind of how I felt about this honestly. In the end, if she's buying the food then she can let it rot for all anyone cares. No, it's not good or right, but she can if she wants. Kenocka is right though, letting it go to waste when you know it is rotting isn't helping anyone and it isn't much better either. If you see it rotting and don't want it to go to waste, put it up. Yeah it's hers and she should be the one to do it, but if you're both watching it rot, you're both letting it go to waste. Just because she buys it doesn't mean you can't put it up.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:18 pm
User Image

Um okay you both are confusing the hell outta me with your comments.

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:25 pm
little aishi chan
User Image

We mean that you should pick up the food if you see it out even if it's not yours and even if your mother's being hypocritical. It's doing no one any good by letting it go to waste.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:27 pm
You said she was a hypocrite for wanting to save the shrimp but not her fruit. We're saying letting her fruit rot so she wastes her money isn't going to teach her anything and it's not much better for you to let it rot than it is for her. You're watching food rot when you know it's rotting instead of trying to save it, and you're getting mad at her for wanting to save some shrimp instead of her fruit, so you're not really doing much better.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:30 pm
Yokies
You said she was a hypocrite for wanting to save the shrimp but not her fruit. We're saying letting her fruit rot so she wastes her money isn't going to teach her anything and it's not much better for you to let it rot than it is for her. You're watching food rot when you know it's rotting instead of trying to save it, and you're getting mad at her for wanting to save some shrimp instead of her fruit, so you're not really doing much better.

User Image

Point out to me where I said I was mad at her for wanting to preserve the shrimp.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:34 pm
Yokies
Kenocka
letting her stuff go to rot isn't going to help either of you or teach your mother a lesson

^That's kind of how I felt about this honestly. In the end, if she's buying the food then she can let it rot for all anyone cares. No, it's not good or right, but she can if she wants. Kenocka is right though, letting it go to waste when you know it is rotting isn't helping anyone and it isn't much better either. If you see it rotting and don't want it to go to waste, put it up. Yeah it's hers and she should be the one to do it, but if you're both watching it rot, you're both letting it go to waste. Just because she buys it doesn't mean you can't put it up.

User Image

So if me putting it away isn't teaching her anything, why am I at the most fault for letting it rot when she isn't gonna learn a lesson either way? Like you said it is her money and her fruit so I should let it rot for all anyone cares. I don't even eat the damn so why should I be blamed for not putting away something I didn't buy or eat?

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:35 pm
Kenocka
little aishi chan
User Image

We mean that you should pick up the food if you see it out even if it's not yours and even if your mother's being hypocritical. It's doing no one any good by letting it go to waste.

User Image

I should pick it up even though I'm not eating it and didn't buy it? But you both think me doing that, she isn't learning her lesson? But I'm just as much at fault for letting it rot?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:39 pm
little aishi chan
I should pick it up even though I'm not eating it and didn't buy it? But you both think me doing that, she isn't learning her lesson? But I'm just as much at fault for letting it rot?

Sorry to cut out your post style thing. I didn't want to page stretch.

Yes. Even if you're not eating it or didn't buy it you should pick it up. It's not hurting you to do so. Yes you would be at fault for letting it rot just as much as she because you know that you could prevent it from going bad sooner than it would without your intervention.

What lesson do you think your mother's going to learn? Do you honestly think that you're doing her a favor by letting food go to waste just because she does the same? Just pick the food up and it'll make you look good in your parent's eyes.  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:39 pm
little aishi chan

Just because you didn't say it word for word doesn't mean you don't come off that way. You're calling her a hypocrite, you're complaining about her wasting food, you say it's annoying and you should just "let her waste her own damn money", then you call it disgusting. You can't really blame me for thinking you're mad at her for this.

And I said that you not putting up the food isn't any better than her because you're complaining about it when you do it too. You're doing the same thing she is, so you're really in no place to call her a hypocrite over this. You said it's disgusting how she's being when you're doing almost exactly the same thing, just letting the food rot. The only difference is that you didn't pick one over the other. No you don't eat it, yeah it's not yours, but you can't really complain about someone letting food rot and how hypocritical it is when she wants to save ONE thing when you're doing nearly the exact same thing.

I'm just saying you can't say much about her wasting food when you also let it go to waste.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:43 pm
Kenocka
little aishi chan

Sorry to cut out your post style thing. I didn't want to page stretch.

Yes. Even if you're not eating it or didn't buy it you should pick it up. It's not hurting you to do so. Yes you would be at fault for letting it rot just as much as she because you know that you could prevent it from going bad sooner than it would without your intervention.

What lesson do you think your mother's going to learn? Do you honestly think that you're doing her a favor by letting food go to waste just because she does the same? Just pick the food up and it'll make you look good in your parent's eyes.

User Image

Who said I was trying to look good in their eyes? I'll look in their eyes when I get a better job not by correcting them by picking up their fruit. She ought to know if she sits it out, it;s gonna rot. She's done it a million times before but only now have I recently been getting annoyed with.

No it isn't hurting me to put it away but it isn't doing anything at the same time as she is still going to leave it out like it is a bag of chips that you can leave out and still eat the next day.

I don't think i should be the one to pick it up, I'm not eating it and I didn't buy it so why should it fall on me to preserve something i don't even like? That's like saying i should just wash her clothes and tell her to stop getting them dirty!

No, it's her money and if she doesn't want to them to rot the next day she needs to put them away. It's common sense.

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:48 pm
Yokies
little aishi chan

Just because you didn't say it word for word doesn't mean you don't come off that way. You're calling her a hypocrite, you're complaining about her wasting food, you say it's annoying and you should just "let her waste her own damn money", then you call it disgusting. You can't really blame me for thinking you're mad at her for this.

And I said that you not putting up the food isn't any better than her because you're complaining about it when you do it too. You're doing the same thing she is, so you're really in no place to call her a hypocrite over this. You said it's disgusting how she's being when you're doing almost exactly the same thing, just letting the food rot. The only difference is that you didn't pick one over the other. No you don't eat it, yeah it's not yours, but you can't really complain about someone letting food rot and how hypocritical it is when she wants to save ONE thing when you're doing nearly the exact same thing.

I'm just saying you can't say much about her wasting food when you also let it go to waste.

User Image

I am mad at her for it, but not for wanting to preserve shrimp. It's just stupid to want to get your moneys worth for seafood but not for fruit. If you're gonna make an attempt to preserve one, then you might as well do your best to preserve the other.

I don't feel like I am being a hypocrite because I was going to throw away not let them rot on the table over night. It's wasting money yes, but I'm not letting it rot, but it doesn't matter because dad ended up eating them anyways.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:53 pm
little aishi chan
Who said I was trying to look good in their eyes? I'll look in their eyes when I get a better job not by correcting them by picking up their fruit. She ought to know if she sits it out, it;s gonna rot. She's done it a million times before but only now have I recently been getting annoyed with.

No it isn't hurting me to put it away but it isn't doing anything at the same time as she is still going to leave it out like it is a bag of chips that you can leave out and still eat the next day.

I don't think i should be the one to pick it up, I'm not eating it and I didn't buy it so why should it fall on me to preserve something i don't even like? That's like saying i should just wash her clothes and tell her to stop getting them dirty!

No, it's her money and if she doesn't want to them to rot the next day she needs to put them away. It's common sense.

No one did but it can't hurt if you're living with them can it? I don't know why you brought getting a better job into this but I wish you luck on that. If it annoys you then pick it up or say, "Hey Mom, you know if you leave your fruit out it's gonna go bad right?"

Picking up food is just what you do when you see it left out. It doesn't matter who it's for or who bought it simply because if you don't want the smell of rot to permeate your household you put it away properly.

I don't see how you washing her clothes is a bad thing. I'm sure she washed enough of yours and picked up enough after you growing up.

If it's irritating you then stop caring about it and do nothing. Let her clean up the mess and in the meantime deal with the smell that comes with doing nothing.  

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:58 pm
Kenocka
little aishi chan

No one did but it can't hurt if you're living with them can it? I don't know why you brought getting a better job into this but I wish you luck on that. If it annoys you then pick it up or say, "Hey Mom, you know if you leave your fruit out it's gonna go bad right?"

Picking up food is just what you do when you see it left out. It doesn't matter who it's for or who bought it simply because if you don't want the smell of rot to permeate your household you put it away properly.

I don't see how you washing her clothes is a bad thing. I'm sure she washed enough of yours and picked up enough after you growing up.

If it's irritating you then stop caring about it and do nothing. Let her clean up the mess and in the meantime deal with the smell that comes with doing nothing.

User Image

The same reason you brought "looking good in their eyes," into this rolleyes

I shouldn't have to tell her the obvious, she's grown enough to know that if you leave something out it's gonna go bad. And by morning the fruit is already bad so she just ends up throwing it away whenever she gets up. So there's never an lasting odor.

Why should I have to wash her clothes? I wash my own and so does she. And this was just a rant you two decided to take seriously. So if you are done now. Leave.

07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff