Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Please pray for my uncle Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Recite

Mega Noob

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:25 pm
My uncle Monroe (goes by Sonny) is in the hospital right now, in bad shape. My dad told me that they said his liver isn't working, and don't think he will live. I won't tell a huge story, but my uncle has been a drinker for a long time, and I guess it's caught up to him now. He's been to the hospital a few times before for different reasons. I don't know his status on religion, but I'm thinking that he's probably been "lost" for a while now. I feel like a horrible nephew because I haven't visited him a lot, nor seen him very much. I'm pretty sure he knows that I don't hate him or anything, but I still feel bad in that sense. But, I won't let that stop me from visiting him in the hospital obviously. I've already prayed for him multiple times, and I've talked to my dad about reminding him of Christ, to pray to God, and give him a bible, all that stuff more or less. I felt it'd be better my dad did that, because I don't know as much as he does, and feel a bit more confident in my dad. I wanted to get him a bible on the way there, but my dad's reminded me that they have them at the hospital, so I'm hoping we can find him one there. I pray and hope that Sonny will accept Christ if he hasn't, and that he will ask for forgiveness. I really don't want him to end up in Hell.

So, please pray for my uncle if you don't mind.
Thanks, and God bless. smile

I'm going to visit him soon after I post this thread, so if anyone is curious as to how he's doing, post and I'll reply with an update later on.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:30 pm
Hey Recite,

I'm real sorry to hear about your uncle. My prayers are with him. Definitely would appreciate an update whenever you get the chance to.  

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

Recite

Mega Noob

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:37 pm
Spirit Reborn
Hey Recite,

I'm real sorry to hear about your uncle. My prayers are with him. Definitely would appreciate an update whenever you get the chance to.

Thank you very much, Crissy. smile

I don't know when we're leaving to visit him exactly, because he was taken to the hospital just today, but I know we are going soon. So, I'll give you an update later on for sure on what I come to know. It might be later tonight, or tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:20 pm
I'll join in.  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:45 pm
Prayers coming his way. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:19 am
Recite
Spirit Reborn
Hey Recite,

Thank you very much, Crissy. smile

I don't know when we're leaving to visit him exactly, because he was taken to the hospital just today, but I know we are going soon. So, I'll give you an update later on for sure on what I come to know. It might be later tonight, or tomorrow.

Of course : )
And not a problem at all. Hope he's doing okay.  

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

Perrian

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:37 am
I will keep him in my prayers. Hopefully your uncle gets better soon.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:48 am
I am sorry to hear that, I have prayed as well. I hope your uncle does know God or comes closer to him. I also prayed for your family. God Bless.  

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100

i r i d e s s i c a n c e

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:01 pm
I hope all works out in your favor. I have prayed as well. May God bless you and your uncle.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:55 pm
here a BIG secret the church has kept for a long time but in the Gospel Jesus says "once you are saved any can never unsave you" so don't worry cuz i am pretty sure yer uncle at least believe in Jesus when he was a tiny little Kid at least. but also most importantly if u want yer uncle to have a massivly increased chance in healing RESIST WORRY cuz the devil works through worry to try to make it come true. so if u want help RESISTING WORRY just say"IN JESUS NAME I RESIST WORRY." also in the bible it says "when you pray believe you will recieve and you will recieve." if u have trouble believeing u will recieve say "IN JESUS NAME I BELIEVE I WILL RECIEVE amen."  

Tyro Starblade

Interesting Gaian

Recite

Mega Noob

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:41 am
Spirit Reborn

Servant Reborn

Hamul

Perrian

911child

BrightEyesWillFly

Tyro Starblade

Thank you all very much. I really do appreciate it. emotion_yatta smile

He's doing better. He's still in pretty bad shape, but he's better than he was when he first got to the hospital. As far as I know, his liver is in pretty bad shape. I think they said it is still functioning a little, but it will probably shut down. I think they also said he might not many years to live. sad It's all very sad, but I am glad that he's doing better.
I'm going to keep praying for him and paying him visits. I'd appreciate it if you guys also kept him in your prayers as well, if you wouldn't mind. Thanks and God bless you. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:23 pm
Recite

I'm so glad to know he's doing much better C:
I will definitely keep him, you, and his family in my prayers.
Thank you for updating us on his current condition. May God heal his liver and bless him with energy, strength, and healing overall.

God bless~  

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:40 pm
Recite
Spirit Reborn

Servant Reborn

Hamul

Perrian

911child

BrightEyesWillFly

Tyro Starblade

Thank you all very much. I really do appreciate it. emotion_yatta smile

He's doing better. He's still in pretty bad shape, but he's better than he was when he first got to the hospital. As far as I know, his liver is in pretty bad shape. I think they said it is still functioning a little, but it will probably shut down. I think they also said he might not many years to live. sad It's all very sad, but I am glad that he's doing better.
I'm going to keep praying for him and paying him visits. I'd appreciate it if you guys also kept him in your prayers as well, if you wouldn't mind. Thanks and God bless you. smile

By any chance, does he know God?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:44 pm
Spirit Reborn

Thank you for updating us on his current condition. May God heal his liver and bless him with energy, strength, and healing overall.

God bless~

You're welcome. emotion_yatta And thank you again. emotion_kirakira

I hope and pray for the same.

911child

To be honest, I'm not sure of his status on religion. I'm sure he knows God, but I can't say much, because like I said, I'm not sure if he's very religious or not. I'd rather not assume anything or jump to conclusions, but I have prayed for the opportunity to try and remind him of God, more or less. I don't know how I would, and I feel kind of pressured when I think about it, but I still hope and pray that he can accept Christ if he hasn't before, or can ask for forgiveness. I've talked with my dad about reminding him of God, but we haven't really said anything on the matter yet, because the first night we were there, family and relatives were also there and he was kind of in and out. The next day or two, we came to visit him and hang around for a while, but as I said, I don't how I would/should remind him of God, and feel that pressure. I feel more confident in my dad doing that, so at some point I'm going to talk with him about this again. I guess for now I'll wait for an opportunity? I'm not sure. gonk  

Recite

Mega Noob

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:12 pm
Recite
Spirit Reborn

God bless~

You're welcome. emotion_yatta And thank you again. emotion_kirakira

I hope and pray for the same.

911child

To be honest, I'm not sure of his status on religion. I'm sure he knows God, but I can't say much, because like I said, I'm not sure if he's very religious or not. I'd rather not assume anything or jump to conclusions, but I have prayed for the opportunity to try and remind him of God, more or less. I don't know how I would, and I feel kind of pressured when I think about it, but I still hope and pray that he can accept Christ if he hasn't before, or can ask for forgiveness. I've talked with my dad about reminding him of God, but we haven't really said anything on the matter yet, because the first night we were there, family and relatives were also there and he was kind of in and out. The next day or two, we came to visit him and hang around for a while, but as I said, I don't how I would/should remind him of God, and feel that pressure. I feel more confident in my dad doing that, so at some point I'm going to talk with him about this again. I guess for now I'll wait for an opportunity? I'm not sure. gonk

I suggest just read the bible out loud to him.  
Prayer Requests

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff