Submit

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:08 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Does anyone remember their elementary school days around this time of year? Back when teachers gave you a list of everyone's name in the class and told you to tell your parents to spend money on cards and suckers to give to your classmates for V-day?

Are they still doing that even now? I think its stupid but at the same time I think the lesson there is that anyone can have a Valentines day or maybe it's a sharing lesson.....I don't know the reason behind it.

I remember when we were handing out our little cards and candies. I was giving people theirs and when they said thank you I would say don't mention it and the teacher I guess got offended or something because she told me to stop saying it and when she gave me a Valentine, I said thanks and then she said don't mention it. Now at the time i thought it was a joke but now that I'm older I'm like why hell did you do that?

But anyways! I don't know. I might end up pulling my kid out for school for that day. I don't plan on participating in that

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:16 am
Really~? Never really happened at our place. xP

Sounds like a peculiar practice though~  

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100

StrayKit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:18 pm
it was optional at my elementary, we didn't have to bring in cards for people and the teacher normally had candy or cookies for us all either way. i havne't done anything like that since fifth grade(currently in third year of college) but i see the mini kid cards in the store all the time when i have to run there so i assume it still happens  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:20 pm
Yup! I remember those days. I always loved Valentines day when I was younger.
I'm pretty sure some school still do that. I know last year, I went to an elementary school to have lunch with my mom (she teaches 3 grade) and all the kids were passing around cards with candy (some cute little boy even gave me a lollipop. I was like 'aww!')

But honestly, I don't think there's any point in celebrating Valentines Day. I know it used to be a religious holiday with Saint. Valentine but now, all it is is an economy booster. (Not trying to offend anyone here)
When your a "kid" though it can be fun so I don't really see any harm.

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Serah of Silence

Shy Guildswoman

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:49 pm
Valentine's Day was just a normal school day in elementary school here. The mess started in middle school, because the middle school and high school are in one building. High schoolers can buy gifts for their Valentine and all that mess.  
07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games