Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Sermons
The Marks of a Flase Convert

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:49 pm
Examining yourself for true Salvation  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:02 am
What I understood:

a false convert doesn't want to be born-again/sanctified. They want to live in contradiction to or lead astray from the teachings and sound doctrine left behind by both Jesus and the apostles (what springs to mind: those who deny that hell exists, who deny that Jesus is coming back in a literal sense, deny the judgment he brings along with him or that there will be a literal resurrection, that we don't need to leave behind our lives of sin; false converts are people motivated to live for pleasure instead of what God says, who don't care about God's standards but the world's, who are in love with the world and have tight-knit fellowship with worldly people).

What I found confusing:

- Why does it matter what age you came from if everyone will be living by the same thing in the millenial age? He made a comment about Matthew 7:22-23 speaking of the millenial age, not the church age, but what is the difference? Workers of iniquity won't be living with him regardless of whether or not you existed in the church age (Rev 20:4-6; Rev 21:25-27). A true convert in the "church age" has been sanctified: they're not a worker of iniquity anymore, they don't want to be a worker of iniquity, they've repented and become dedicated to YHWH's way. So what is making him say it only applies to one "age"? Iniquity / doing evil is never approved of. No matter the age.  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:15 am
real eyes realize
What I understood:

a false convert doesn't want to be born-again/sanctified. They want to live in contradiction to or lead astray from the teachings and sound doctrine left behind by both Jesus and the apostles (what springs to mind: those who deny that hell exists, who deny that Jesus is coming back in a literal sense, deny the judgment he brings along with him or that there will be a literal resurrection, that we don't need to leave behind our lives of sin; false converts are people motivated to live for pleasure instead of what God says, who don't care about God's standards but the world's, who are in love with the world and have tight-knit fellowship with worldly people).

What I found confusing:

- Why does it matter what age you came from if everyone will be living by the same thing in the millenial age? He made a comment about Matthew 7:22-23 speaking of the millenial age, not the church age, but what is the difference? Workers of iniquity won't be living with him regardless of whether or not you existed in the church age (Rev 20:4-6; Rev 21:25-27). A true convert in the "church age" has been sanctified: they're not a worker of iniquity anymore, they don't want to be a worker of iniquity, they've repented and become dedicated to YHWH's way. So what is making him say it only applies to one "age"? Iniquity / doing evil is never approved of. No matter the age.

When he brings up Matthew 7:21 Christ is speaking to and applying it specifically to Israel in the Dispensation of the Kingdom of Heaven. Whereas In Acts it's speaking according to the Gentiles and the remnant of Jews for the Church Age. Revelation 20 John is being revealed the survivors during the 7 years of 'Jacob's Trouble.' Essentially, Jesus gives different set of instructions to the Bride of Christ (Israel((Joseph's Dream)) and the Church Age (Adopted Gentiles ((Type Abigail) From what I gathered.

It's the fact the Church Age is saved by Grace and the "good" works therein, but in the Millennial Age it'll be set back to Works alone since Jesus will be ruling from Jerusalem..Remember Satan is unleashed at the end of the Age as an act of final Judgement. So yeah, basically he's dividing it by ages beginning with hope and ending with Judgement. Grace, Works, Faith, Rebellion are touch tones throughout each age (dispensations)

EDIT: Matthew 24 This sermon helps explain a lot of verses in Matthew.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:38 am
Hamul
Essentially, Jesus gives different set of instructions to the Bride of Christ (Israel((Joseph's Dream)) and the Church Age (Adopted Gentiles ((Type Abigail) From what I gathered.

So, to lay it out, what are the different set of instructions?

The pre-millenial age (church age) instructions being, and I'm paraphrasing, "go and make disciples out of all nations; preach to them the good news, the eternal life that awaits anyone who repents and believes in Messiah, and tell them of the resurrection that awaits both the righteous and the wicked" (Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 20:15) vs. millenial reign (after the first resurrection has occurred) "you're tasked to be priests and judges alongside Jesus" (Revelation 20:4-6; 1 Corinthians 6:3). So, "dispensations" deal with the "tasks" / "responsibilities" at hand, not issues of adding, removing or changing the law (especially if the law is what will be lived by in the future).

Something else: the disciples were characterized by the following,

Quote:
Mark 16:17-18(KJV)

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Paul was bitten by a snake and was unaffected (Acts 28:5); Paul casted out demons (Acts 16:16-18; Acts 19:13 wink ; Paul miraculously healed the sick (Acts 19:11-12); Paul spoke in tongues (1 Corinthians 14:18 ). Is Paul a part of the church age? were those for a specific group of people? or a specific group of people in a certain age? should these signs characterize all disciples still to this day? I also wonder, were they physical signs done to represent something else, like the Old Testament prophets who conveyed a message via physical demonstration (2 Kings 13:17) ? Namely, that snakes (liars) will try to poison us, but we will recover from their venom (lies); his believers will speak different languages because it would disperse to gentile nations, etc...? or both (literal and symbolic)?

I'll listen to the sermon now.  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:32 am
Hamul
EDIT: Matthew 24 This sermon helps explain a lot of verses in Matthew.

That was interesting, especially the part about the generation born in 1948. 3nodding Essentially, there is a lot of overlap in how "church age" and "millenial age" people live. The sabbath, I feel, is something people make too much of a big deal over. Just because we're not obligated to keep it doesn't mean we should discourage Christians from keeping it as if it were a sin to do it: after Jesus died for our sins, resurrected and ascended, Gentiles kept it alongwith Paul (Acts 13:42; Acts 17:1-4); Jesus kept it too while he was still here. Who did Paul imitate? Christ. Who should Christians imitate? Christ. Obligated to keep it? Not during this "age" would be the dispensationalist argument. Since we're free to do all things, and encouraged to do what is beneficial, I see this new enthusiasm for sabbath-keeping all the more appropriate as it is preparing the generation that will have to go through the tribulation (and apparently the tribulation is close since the 1948 generation will live to see it).  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:01 am
Quote:
Paul was bitten by a snake and was unaffected (Acts 28:5); Paul casted out demons (Acts 16:16-18; Acts 19:13 wink ; Paul miraculously healed the sick (Acts 19:11-12); Paul spoke in tongues (1 Corinthians 14:18 ). Is Paul a part of the church age? were those for a specific group of people? or a specific group of people in a certain age? should these signs characterize all disciples still to this day? I also wonder, were they physical signs done to represent something else, like the Old Testament prophets who conveyed a message via physical demonstration (2 Kings 13:17) ? Namely, that snakes (liars) will try to poison us, but we will recover from their venom (lies); his believers will speak different languages because it would disperse to gentile nations, etc...? or both (literal and symbolic)?

Paul was the last to actually 'see' Christ. After Judas Iscariot gave up his position as an apostle God moved it to Paul. He was then told by God to preach/minister the Gospel of the Kingdom and teach the Gentile Nations about Jesus and his Kingdom through their false religions/beliefs. Paul was able to receive Apostle gifts by God. Some are symbolic and other times it was literal, whatever to prove God in said circumstance.  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Sermons

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items