Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Sermons
Jesus Christ vs. Cult Leaders

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:47 am
Jesus vs Cult Leaders

A fine sermon smile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:50 pm
Hmm... What I like about it is how he compares what happened to Jesus,
to what happened to Siddhartha showing how it is plausible that the story of Buddha has borrowed from the events surrounding Jesus life, and that he goes on to call it straightforwardly a cult, with a cult following. What I do not quite agree with is his comments. If he had left out calling people stupid, and just presented the facts (if presented correctly to the right person, that person will see their own folly. Perhaps easier than by directly calling them a fool) as they are it would have come of as more sincere.

I am only half way through. I may comment further if I have anything more to add. ^^  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:04 pm
Garland-Green
to what happened to Siddhartha showing how it is plausible that the story of Buddha has borrowed from the events surrounding Jesus life, and that he goes on to call it straightforwardly a cult, with a cult following. What I do not quite agree with is his comments. If he had left out calling people stupid, and just presented the facts (if presented correctly to the right person, that person will see their own folly. Perhaps easier than by directly calling them a fool) as they are it would have come of as more sincere.

I am only half way through. I may comment further if I have anything more to add. ^^

He tends to speak off the cuff and when he attacks a system it comes off harsh to people who are lost inside and aren't saved yet. Let's just say he's blunt. X) We get a lot of different kind of Christians in the Church. Some Sharp, Blunt, Sly/Smooth,etc.l'd take some of his commentary with a grain of salt. I stick to the doctrines and the Bible for the most part.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:31 pm
Hamul
Garland-Green

He tends to speak off the cuff and when he attacks a system it comes off harsh to people who are lost inside and aren't saved yet. Let's just say he's blunt. X) We get a lot of different kind of Christians in the Church. Some Sharp, Blunt, Sly/Smooth,etc.l'd take some of his commentary with a grain of salt. I stick to the doctrines and the Bible for the most part.

"Most of the attacks are on Jesus, because he is the real thing..."
I liked that. Perhaps I am only reacting because I am not a blunt person myself, and would approach it differently. All in all what he is saying is the truth. All other religions except Christianity is started by men. Men who are now dead. Men who pretended to be/achieve something they were/did not, or maybe even were led to believe that they were/achieved something by deceptive wicked spirits. In all honesty I am sad for them. They are deceivers who are themselves deceived.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:47 pm
I'm sure he feels the same way and responds, by 'kicking people'. My heart aches when I start to realize the outcome of it all. But I just try and shake off the sorrows and use that energy to plant as many seeds effectively, not in panic. And I admire your compassion to those who had been deceive. That is what drew me here in the first place. Not many places like this. To be quite honest.  
Sermons

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games