5%  [ 4 ]
Kalona
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 71

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:17 am
Note: Please feel free to post forms even if it shares someone elses idea. That way we can see what's a common/popular idea!

Hello!

This thread is coming on the heels of Mind's post in the recent Usdia thread. She had already mentioned how some breeds and existing templated traits are getting a much needed overhaul!

Whereas this isnt exactly a suggest thread, this is more of a feedback thread of what people would like to see updated from the *existing* available templates. Also, this isnt really a thread to 'disagree' in, just more of a place to gather information.

Please go ahead and post what you would like to see updated, and why! This will give Mind and the other great artists here a chance to see what we as customers feel needs to be updated so they can get more love!

Existing templates can be found HERE

To make this thread more streamlined please try to use the form below, thanks!

[b]Breed:[/b]
[b]Existing edit/template you feel should be updated:[/b] (please only use one form per edit instead of grouping them all in)
[b]Reason:[/b]

Maybe you dont feel a current template/edit needs to be altered, but you would like to see more love added to a current breed! Please use the form below for that option!

For this, please keep in mind the current breed rules and guides. Lets try to be realistic and not too insane with our ideas!

[b]Breed:[/b]
[b]What would you like to see added:[/b] (please only use one form per edit instead of grouping them all in)
[b]Reason:[/b]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:18 am
mindsend
I will say this Right off the bat: Usdia and Seathi are KILLED by the corpsepowder so cannot be skinwalkers. And generally as a breed, we wanted the mini's to be a bit more flexable: just as Imp's aren't as inheritantly evil and more just moderately annoying and mischievous than their Kalona counterparts, ESPECIALLY since they ARE a different breed and not just miniature versions.

8'D however, Nerpin was working on a breed of pelted mini's that reflected Shamanism as a neutral thing that could be good or evil, where they were bonded to a particular familiar and were able to see through their eyes and take control in a sort of symbiotic relationship. I'll see if she still has the templates she was working on and if we can finish making them if she does.

And mers... Well, you never know....

However with everything else, Keep up with the suggestions. I have had an idea kicking around to fill a few of the 'things' they were missing.. But with some people feeling we have 'too many breeds already' I have it designed as a mutation but could, if everyone liked the concept well enough turn it into an actual breed. CURRENTLY however our focus is sprucing up existing and... Rather unpopular breeds to make them more generally liked, making it our priority. For instance the recent update of the mer template and the Kelpi Upgrade

Ktns

Lunatic

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:39 am

Breed: Skinwalker
Existing edit/template you feel should be updated: The cannid pelts
Reason: They look kind of like overstretched plastic on the face/muzzle area.

Existing edit/template you feel should be updated: Cannid animal forms
Reason: They all look really cute and cuddly instead of menacing? Also they lack detail that the newer forms do.

Breed: Wind
Existing edit/template you feel should be updated: The original wings.
Reason: They are placed oddly over the shoulder instead of behind it, and the ends are clipped off.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:44 am
Breed: Flutters
What would you like to see added: More wings and anthers please.
Reason: Right now all the wings are existing butterflies and moths, I would love to see some dragonfly wings, some more 'fairy' style wings, and a couple different anther templates would be love. I would be thrilled if there was something that could be a flutter specific template besides just the wings, like some feathered eyebrows or ears [like feathered legs - would be hair, but interesting texture/look]. Something that made them more fantastical.

I made a ton of different wing templates for the plushies for flutters and if the shop would just like to use those, they are welcome to them. Or, if there is a standard to which the wings need to be made, I'd be happy to get those specifics and make some just for standard templates. Mostly because I love making fae style wings and I really think it would spruce up the breed.

Basically, the flutters, for all of their beauty, have very plain standard templates. To get some of the really amazing things that are possible for the breed, one has to get expensive edits.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:00 pm
Breed: Cerynei
Existing edit/template you feel should be updated: The hooves
Reason: I think the hooves on the Cerynei need a bit of... Fixing. They look like they broke and healed forward of where they SHOULD be, so maybe just shifting them backward a bit on the templates... They're literally THE most forward-pointing hooves on any Soquili breed, big and small, and compared to the rest it's a bit awkward.

Breed: All big Soquili
Existing edit/template you feel should be updated: Warhorse fetlocking
Reason: This is rather short - The fetlocking on the warhorses seems a bit.. Pointy compared to the other templates. Like, compare this to this - It has great potential, but it's so pointy compared to every other piece of linework being smooth, so maybe just trace over the existing edits to smooth/round them out more?

Breed: All big Soquili
What would you like to see added: Fetlockless hooves as an option
Reason: All hooves have some minor fetlocking going on, even the regular form. I think it'd be pretty awesome to see some horses without any fetlocking quite to that degree, if feasable heart

Breed: Cerynei (Oh, hey, these guys again xD )
What would you like to see added: More default antler types
Reason: I'd love to see things like moose antlers, white tail antlers, etc. on the Cerynei ~ Right now the only ones I see are Reindeer antlers, which are awesome... But more variety would be nice, too ^^ Then the staff could do an event with multiple species of deer, from pronghorn up through the big burly moose and caribou/reindeer ~

Breed: Unicorn
What would you like to see added: A couple more default tails, like lion-like tails
Reason: Well... There's folks who do specifically custom lion tails onto their Uni and Uni-hybrid Soquili, so why not have one as a default that tapered to a point then had a tuft like a lion? There could be two styles - Short little puff, and a longer one

What would you like to see added: Spread-out wings that don't obscure the rump
Reason: I actually brought this one up before, and was shot down, but I figured, why not try again? There's multiple people who want or may want My Little Pony cosplays, but a pretty central part is that their symbols/cutie marks are on the rump. Not down by the knee, but on the actual rump. Unfortunately, the present wings obscure part or all of the rump, or in my case I'm just not fond of that particulr type of wing. Maybe something like one of the back pairs of the Angeni wings, though more suited to the Wind? Especially Style 1 - I've seen that pair alone on multiple Soquili, and it's VERY nice looking on its own, so why not something like that for Winds?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:25 pm
Ktns

Existing edit/template you feel should be updated: The cannid pelts
Reason: They look kind of like overstretched plastic on the face/muzzle area.

Existing edit/template you feel should be updated: Cannid animal forms
Reason: They all look really cute and cuddly instead of menacing? Also they lack detail that the newer forms do.

Existing edit/template you feel should be updated: The original wings.
Reason: They are placed oddly over the shoulder instead of behind it, and the ends are clipped off.

I couldn't agree more on the canid pelt design.

However, there is an alternate wolf template that I made while on staff that should be standardly available. It's spotlit here:
Skinwalker wolf forms

My two cents:

What would you like to see added: Another upright wing position more similar to the angeni Shown here - the upright set of wings from either style- that doesn't hide the rump.
Essentially what Andranis said XD.
Reason: So as to not obscure the rump - a nice anatomical open wing pose would be really lovely smile

I heard that there were more flutter wings either available or coming, but I don't know what they are - they're not in the custom info post yet at least.

I like a lot of the suggestions here, too - like the lion tail where there is a distinct difference between the tail and the tuft at the end would be nice smile  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:44 pm
Andranis
What would you like to see added: Spread-out wings that don't obscure the rump
Reason: I actually brought this one up before, and was shot down, but I figured, why not try again? There's multiple people who want or may want My Little Pony cosplays, but a pretty central part is that their symbols/cutie marks are on the rump. Not down by the knee, but on the actual rump. Unfortunately, the present wings obscure part or all of the rump, or in my case I'm just not fond of that particulr type of wing. Maybe something like one of the back pairs of the Angeni wings, though more suited to the Wind? Especially Style 1 - I've seen that pair alone on multiple Soquili, and it's VERY nice looking on its own, so why not something like that for Winds?

Just wanted to note for this one, when using the angeni template, even just the top wing, it makes any soquili with the top wing part angeni. I think I've also read the new wings idea, and I don't remember exactly why, but there have been new uses of the already templated wind wings, like this one:

User Image

So you could technically see the rump more. I'm pretty sure that the only thing really against upward wings like that would be, well, they'd look really similar to the angeni ones, pose-wise, which would make me reason them to be part angeni o. o *not 100% sure though*

edit; In which you can also use wingless UCs :3 If it was like the above sample, you could see at least part of the cutie mark~  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:48 pm
Breed: WIND
What would you like to see added: Upright wings
Reason: Chiming in... a better upright or spread wing pose that doesn't obscure the body. And anatomically correct, please.

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:56 pm
Andranis

Breed: Cerynei (Oh, hey, these guys again xD )
What would you like to see added: More default antler types
Reason: I'd love to see things like moose antlers, white tail antlers, etc. on the Cerynei ~ Right now the only ones I see are Reindeer antlers, which are awesome... But more variety would be nice, too ^^ Then the staff could do an event with multiple species of deer, from pronghorn up through the big burly moose and caribou/reindeer ~

Also +1 this  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:57 pm
It might be opening a BIG can of worms, but why not allow for mixing of templates if it's serving the same purpose (or at least fits with breed standards)? Such as using one set of angeni wings for a wind - since, at least in the soq-world RP-wise, a soquili with one set of feathered wings would be indistinguishable between whether template was it's a wind, an angeni halfbreed (assuming it doesn't have any of the angeni specific mini ankle or head wings), or a mutant with custom wings.

Same could be said with using the kirin tail for unicorns (minus the scales), or alternate cloven hooves between cerynei/kirin/kalona.

It would open up a lot of possibilities and save people money who just like the look of one set of angeni wings versus the available wind wings but don't want to pay 5M for it because it's technically from the angeni template.

2nd gen are generally considered 2nd gen regardless of whatever traits they have - and you can always RP your soquili as either being from angeni heritage, or being a wind depending on what you want to do.
You can even say a custom wind has angeni relatives in the past if you wanted to now.  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:09 pm
Sabin Duvert
It might be opening a BIG can of worms, but why not allow for mixing of templates if it's serving the same purpose (or at least fits with breed standards)? Such as using one set of angeni wings for a wind - since, at least in the soq-world RP-wise, a soquili with one set of feathered wings would be indistinguishable between whether template was it's a wind, an angeni halfbreed (assuming it doesn't have any of the angeni specific mini ankle or head wings), or a mutant with custom wings.

Same could be said with using the kirin tail for unicorns (minus the scales), or alternate cloven hooves between cerynei/kirin/kalona.

It would open up a lot of possibilities and save people money who just like the look of one set of angeni wings versus the available wind wings but don't want to pay 5M for it because it's technically from the angeni template.

2nd gen are generally considered 2nd gen regardless of whatever traits they have - and you can always RP your soquili as either being from angeni heritage, or being a wind depending on what you want to do.
You can even say a custom wind has angeni relatives in the past if you wanted to now.
I understand where you're coming from but then you'd get some people trying to claim that their wind is half angeni, or thinking that they are half angeni when they are wind. This would be a bit confusing interns of plushie events where the breed is not specified because the traits associated with that breed of soquili are clear to see, also in or with breedings this can also cause some confusion. I just think to avoid this it would be better to do some new wind wings.

I think with the mixing of traits there /might/ be a few people claiming that their soquili is what they aren't or have heritage from a breed of soquili they don't.

Although the idea sounds good I just think that it might get confusing. Also right now to have a Cerynei with cloven hooves from the Kirin template it would be classed as a crossbreed right now and I'm not sure if this is true but they might want to keep it this way. Not so /sure/ but I'm just putting it out there.. the people who have had to work hard for their crossbreed or crosstemplated soquili in the past might not like it so much. x3  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:16 pm
Yumitoko II
I understand where you're coming from but then you'd get some people trying to claim that their wind is half angeni, or thinking that they are half angeni when they are wind. This would be a bit confusing interns of plushie events where the breed is not specified because the traits associated with that breed of soquili are clear to see, also in or with breedings this can also cause some confusion. I just think to avoid this it would be better to do some new wind wings.

I think with the mixing of traits there /might/ be a few people claiming that their soquili is what they aren't or have heritage from a breed of soquili they don't.

Although the idea sounds good I just think that it might get confusing. Also right now to have a Cerynei with cloven hooves from the Kirin template it would be classed as a crossbreed right now and I'm not sure if this is true but they might want to keep it this way. Not so /sure/ but I'm just putting it out there.. the people who have had to work hard for their crossbreed or crosstemplated soquili in the past might not like it so much. x3

In my opinion, at least, the claimed heritage could actually be interesting.

OOCly, it's simple enough for throwbacks to see what the soquili actually is - most people include links to parents images' anyway. And it shouldn't matter really to someone if a soquili is a wind with one of hte angeni wing templates or actually half angeni? I could be wrong here, but in order to get a feature from the template a parent is missing they might have to get a throwback roll? (I'm not sure on this - don't quote me) - like if a half kalona who is missing horns breeds, it's not likely that his offspring will get horns.

ICly, that makes for some interesting RP, I'd think? Winds could claim to be half angeni (which could happen anyway - since, again, for the actual soquili characters, I doubt there'd be much visual difference between one set of angeni wings and wind wings).

And anyone could custom a wind and in their backstory say that one parent was an angeni. It just makes for an intersting back story?

And ultimately, it would be up to the individuals what they want to consider their soquili as far as IC classification, etc.

Just my two cents, though :3
This is a bit of a different issue from the subject of the thread - BUT if one set of angeni wings could be used for a wind (or the hippogriff wings), it might open up a lot of possibilities without adding more new templates.  

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:21 pm
Sabin Duvert

In my opinion, at least, the claimed heritage could actually be interesting.

OOCly, it's simple enough for throwbacks to see what the soquili actually is - most people include links to parents images' anyway. And it shouldn't matter really to someone if a soquili is a wind with one of hte angeni wing templates or actually half angeni? I could be wrong here, but in order to get a feature from the template a parent is missing they might have to get a throwback roll? (I'm not sure on this - don't quote me) - like if a half kalona who is missing horns breeds, it's not likely that his offspring will get horns.

ICly, that makes for some interesting RP, I'd think? Winds could claim to be half angeni (which could happen anyway - since, again, for the actual soquili characters, I doubt there'd be much visual difference between one set of angeni wings and wind wings).

And anyone could custom a wind and in their backstory say that one parent was an angeni. It just makes for an intersting back story?

And ultimately, it would be up to the individuals what they want to consider their soquili as far as IC classification, etc.

Just my two cents, though :3
This is a bit of a different issue from the subject of the thread - BUT if one set of angeni wings could be used for a wind (or the hippogriff wings), it might open up a lot of possibilities without adding more new templates.

Yeah, I just wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes you know? x3
Angeni (or atleast pure or domained 1st gen) are supposed to be rare so I assume being related to one might be so too?

I understand that it would make for an interesting backstory as long as it didn't become a common back story. xD
I have to say that it certainly is an idea though.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:27 pm

The reason Im requesting cannid forms is because fox/wolf/coyote shouldnt be limited to the one form that Sabin created. Also, still to make something a little less cute and tiny to something more...evil like they are supposed to be.

Ktns

Lunatic

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:30 pm
Also, just reining this back in, please keep all posts in the form of well... forms. This isnt a discussion on what should or shouldnt be allowed or mixed, or agreeing or disagreeing. This is simply a gathering of information.

If you have ideas of mixing current templates etc, please create a separate thread, thanks!

Quote:
Whereas this isnt exactly a suggest thread, this is more of a feedback thread of what people would like to see updated from the *existing* available templates. Also, this isnt really a thread to 'disagree' in, just more of a place to gather information.

EDIT: This thread is not a place to have to defend your ideas or technicalities that would otherwise be up to the staff, or for people to say why they dont like it. This is for the colorists to decide. Again if you agree and want to see something the same or similar to someone elses posts, just post the same c:

Please keep chatter or other things in another thread. heart  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces