Submit

Remilia E O Speedwagon

Interesting Informer

3,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:13 pm
I want to be able to write whatever I want in events where you send valentines/christmas cards/whatever.

I did enjoy sending creepy anons, but I mostly sent them to people who wanted them. Plus I liked being able to embed pictures into the cards I sent.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:23 pm
For every valentine I send I copypaste "mad libs are stupid" into every field. rofl  

Remilia E O Speedwagon

Interesting Informer

3,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:34 pm
I actually like mad libs. It's a nice brain exercise. I used to spend my allowance on getting mad libs books as a kid and fill them out by myself {because anytime I asked a friend or sibling to give me words, they always picked crappy ones stare }

I just don't like when it asks for a noun because that's the vaguest one of all. stressed

If you don't like them so much, then stop sending them.... or just randomize it if you're only trying to get items out of it. If you want to send "personal valentines" with imbedded images and whatnot, nothing's stopping you from sending out PMs instead.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:36 pm
ThisEmptySoul
I actually like mad libs. It's a nice brain exercise. I used to spend my allowance on getting mad libs books as a kid and fill them out by myself {because anytime I asked a friend or sibling to give me words, they always picked crappy ones stare }

I just don't like when it asks for a noun because that's the vaguest one of all. stressed

If you don't like them so much, then stop sending them.... or just randomize it if you're only trying to get items out of it. If you want to send "personal valentines" with imbedded images and whatnot, nothing's stopping you from sending out PMs instead.
Unlike in the books, you don't even know what you're filling out until after it is sent.  

Remilia E O Speedwagon

Interesting Informer

3,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Remilia E O Speedwagon

Interesting Informer

3,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:41 pm
Lol.

Quote:
Dear (name withheld),

Please, my beloved, come with me on a mad libs are stupid journey to the deepest mad libs are stupid of my mad libs are stupid. Any fool could see that we're meant for each other; won't you join me in mad libs are stupid and dance with me across the undulating mad libs are stupid? The wait is too much to bear. Can't we just cast aside the formality of courtship and mad libs are stupid like mad libs are stupid mad libs are stupid?

Yours truly,

Remilia E O Speedwagon

IMO this sort of thing makes me laugh more than one where the person actually tried to fill it out.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:47 pm
I will admit, that part does suck. Even with the books, you're not supposed to read it ahead of time, however, you did get the title at least which gave you an idea of what kinds of words to pick for the best "flow" of things. I always kept the title in mind when filling out the books.

For these randomized ones, all I have to go off of is the personality and traits of the person I'm sending it to, which may or may not "flow" in the end result.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Remilia E O Speedwagon

Interesting Informer

3,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:49 pm
Well... I thrive and operate from knowing what I'm doing, I do NOT function well if I only get one chance and do not know what I am working with and play things RIDICULOUSLY safe in such circumstances.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:11 pm
In other words, you have a stick up your a** that you don't know how to dislodge emotion_awesome You should look into that.

Life itself is full of unpredictable outcomes that even the most cautious and meticulous person can't avoid. It's best to, as much as possible, take it in stride lest you wish to drive yourself insane over things that, in the grand scheme of things, don't actually matter.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:53 pm
I used to be like that. Then I took up martial arts. Found out that knowing what's coming isn't as important as being mentally flexible enough to work around what isn't known and improvise a solution on the spot. The consequences of being to rigid in thought and sticking to a safe pattern or habit is immediate and often followed by pain.

Applying this concept to other areas of my life has done wonders and I've become overall more relaxed and happier because of it. And less bruised.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:18 pm
Kairanha
I used to be like that. Then I took up martial arts. Found out that knowing what's coming isn't as important as being mentally flexible enough to work around what isn't known and improvise a solution on the spot. The consequences of being to rigid in thought and sticking to a safe pattern or habit is immediate and often followed by pain.

Applying this concept to other areas of my life has done wonders and I've become overall more relaxed and happier because of it. And less bruised.
I tried taking martial arts but didn't get far because the person who ran the place I was going to was a medical pot grower who got busted for growing his own sellable stash. The place was so close to my home.  

Remilia E O Speedwagon

Interesting Informer

3,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Pia Austin

Dedicated Consumer

8,550 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200