Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
Altering the rarity of Skinwalker/Purewalkers Answer Pg 3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should the rarity of skinwalkers/purewalkers be altered?
Yes
71%
 71%  [ 53 ]
No
24%
 24%  [ 18 ]
Maybe, but..
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 74

Mameha Otome

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:00 am
@HG - Fair enough, I'm sorry.

At the time I was thinking about each way to get them in comparison to what Kamiki had said about RP exclusive-ness. In that if they want them to be special RP pets, they shouldn't be gotten by other means. Also there's the fact people win them and leave/never RP/etc from said RP contests.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:45 am
Being one of those folks who has tried to get RP with a purewalker, it can be (see: is) very hard to get any sort of RP with them outside of friend circle. I've put up more Plot threads then I care to remember, and have gotten maybe 6-8 RP requests for skinwalker RP in the years (years) I've had him.

That said, am down for pures being available in super rares along with cursed. I'm not in favor of cursed going down a level for many of the reasons already mentioned. Describing evil-type (ala the Angeni Domain justification) of the Pure/Cursed seems like a good addition to the form to offset some of the @_@;;; I've seen skinwalkers doing from just a casual lurking. xD!

/2cents  

Celeanor
Crew

Dangerous Lunatic

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:27 am
Good points.

To comment/accent a few

Mamaeha - very good points. I think to further emphasize that, is that of those methods, ONLY the very expensive (bribes/auction) or either being on staff or having staff spend credits on you have allowed you to get a custom purewalker and not just one that is premade.
((And I totally feel for you with the RP contests - I've been in that same boat many times. I've probably entered a dozen or so RP/concept contests, and gotten really attached to most of my ideas, and never won one. Only ever went to custom one of them once, for a cursed walker - my Umbra - for the same reason, most others were based more on the look of the soquili or a family. Nothing against RP contests, but I feel ya with that justification for more RP contests for purewalkers not being the best answer. )

HG - I don't think anyone's begrudging staff for spending credits on themselves or friends? I'm with you on that - staff credits are the primary method that staff are paid to keep making beautiful ponies for everyone smile It's their paycheck, effectively, and they can spend it how they like it.

I think people are mostly just pointing out that given the system, there aren't many ways for most people to be able to get a purewalker period.

Cheshire - agree completely.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:54 am
Just FYI; I only brought up RP because I've gotten in trouble for not RPing my purewalkers correctly, and was operating under a false pretense as to my PW in particular. To me it was an ordeal and a headache, and I wouldn't want to see anyone else have that same problem.

And I still say custom concept contests would be the way to go. Staff could pick more than one winner if they chose to, just like they do in regular customs. I'm not saying "you need to RP well to have a skinwalker" because yeah, there are raffles and auctions, but I think it's a better alternative than having pures be available as super rare customs. And you know what, I suggest that knowing full well that I am a shitty enough writer that I wouldn't stand a chance to win. I'm not even offering a solution that favors myself.

And I've always thought that the rules on staff credits were a bit odd. I know that they can get a lot of gold from bribes and auctions, and that's why they pay for them, but it seems like they should just be able to do them as a service to the shop. It's the only way to get a custom mutation, and there's a super high demand for that. They shouldn't have to pay credits to give more opportunities for customers to fulfill quests (even if it does net the staff person doing the bribe a pile of gold in the process). Maybe open it up to junior colorists to to be able to take an occasional bribe also?  

StarieMichie

Unicorn

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:22 am
StarieMichie
And I've always thought that the rules on staff credits were a bit odd. I know that they can get a lot of gold from bribes and auctions, and that's why they pay for them, but it seems like they should just be able to do them as a service to the shop. It's the only way to get a custom mutation, and there's a super high demand for that. They shouldn't have to pay credits to give more opportunities for customers to fulfill quests (even if it does net the staff person doing the bribe a pile of gold in the process). Maybe open it up to junior colorists to to be able to take an occasional bribe also?

Only senior and above have the option of doing bribes and auctions. Even then, we'd have to have enough SC to GET them as well as completing the monthly quota beforehand.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:01 am
ATh e a r t
StarieMichie

Only senior and above have the option of doing bribes and auctions. Even then, we'd have to have enough SC to GET them as well as completing the monthly quota beforehand.

Yes, that's why I suggested that they shouldn't have to spend credits to get to take bribes so we have more chances at purewalkers and mutants. Sorry if I wa unclear. sweatdrop  

StarieMichie

Unicorn

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:20 pm
StarieMichie

Yes, that's why I suggested that they shouldn't have to spend credits to get to take bribes so we have more chances at purewalkers and mutants. Sorry if I wa unclear. sweatdrop

The reason why bribes/auctions/solo raffles are put into the SC is so that it can't be done all the time. When a staff member turns in SC for one, they still have a cooldown after that. Even then, when some colorists have time, it's their choice whether or not they want to do something like that. Furthermore, it's put behind quota because more often than not already, we don't have steady flow of customs/breedings, and I'm pretty sure that if it DIDN'T cost SC for staff to do stuff like that it would happen more often but then would fall behind in the quota per month even more. Not even talking about the SC itself, staff more often than not have been busy with RL and have mostly just been doing their monthly quota. I know that some staff rather than do something like a bribe or auction CC from the MCCL, most of the time LL couples.

I'm pretty sure that people DO want a more consistent custom/breeding slots open, and it's not going to help if people are now asking for more bribes/auctions.

Oh, and the reason why there isn't bribe/auction for junior staff is because it's supposed to focus on breedings and consistency before being bumped up to senior.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:48 pm
ATh e a r t

The reason why bribes/auctions/solo raffles are put into the SC is so that it can't be done all the time. When a staff member turns in SC for one, they still have a cooldown after that. Even then, when some colorists have time, it's their choice whether or not they want to do something like that. Furthermore, it's put behind quota because more often than not already, we don't have steady flow of customs/breedings, and I'm pretty sure that if it DIDN'T cost SC for staff to do stuff like that it would happen more often but then would fall behind in the quota per month even more. Not even talking about the SC itself, staff more often than not have been busy with RL and have mostly just been doing their monthly quota. I know that some staff rather than do something like a bribe or auction CC from the MCCL, most of the time LL couples.

I'm pretty sure that people DO want a more consistent custom/breeding slots open, and it's not going to help if people are now asking for more bribes/auctions.

Oh, and the reason why there isn't bribe/auction for junior staff is because it's supposed to focus on breedings and consistency before being bumped up to senior.

I was gonna say the same thing. Its to allow more customs and breedings vs. bribes.  

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:12 pm
Kamiki
RP-Restrictions: As some people have pointed out, there are already certain breeds and behaviors that aren't allowed to be RPed or acted on. I've already seen instances were the RP manager had stepped in for people not playing their Purewalkers "right" and I don't see why this would change. Its still in the RP Rules on how they are supposed to be, and it should still be enforced. MOST people don't get their Purewalkers via RP contests. They are most often gotten via staff credits, raffles, or breedings as it is.

If you want a breed to to strictly RP-exclusive then they should be strictly RP exclusive - which means they shouldn't be allowed to be obtained from staff credits, bribes, raffles, or breeding. Just saying, it seems like a double-standard otherwise to me.

Skinwalkers are not RP required.

But they are required, when they are RPed, to follow the rules about the breed. I would just as rather have nobody RP skinwalkers than do so and try to find every loophole in the book.

^ Which is the problem, for the most part. Totally worded by Uta because I wasn't really sure how to word it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:48 pm
I know they aren't RP Required. But some people are using their special RP requires as an example of why they should only be given out in RP contests and not customs, because well then just anyone could get one.

I understand that concern. But, my counter point is this: There already IS a lack in quality control on how you get Purewalkers. They are more often obtained via non-RP contest means than they are. So I don't see why this is a valid reason they can't be in custom slots, using other methods to keep their rarity in check.

Its not fair, in my opinion, to completely block most people from have the opportunity to get a Purewalker. The shop is one imposing the strict RP requirement on them; which is fine. But it seems a bit counter-productive to then complain that people have to be "policed" on how they play them. That's why there is a paid, full time RP Manager. And also, as people have pointed out, Cursed Skinwalkers also have these requirements, and they are allowed in regular customs. So I'm just saying that I don't understand how their RP Requirements are a valid reason why they can't be allowed in customs.

RP Events are awesome, and I don't think anyone wants to see them go away... but they are still highly restrictive. What if you want an Purewalker but aren't very good at RPing? Does that mean you're not deserving of a Purewalker? What if you're AMAZING at RPing but just not the BEST out of 50 people all trying for the same pet? Or maybe you just don't like to RP - should that take you out of the running as well?

Again, I'm all for cool downs or limitations that would make Purewalkers still very rare - just not nearly impossible. I know so many people who have said things along the lines of "I want a Purewalker, but I know I'll never get them." Honestly with how hard it is to get customs at all, it would still basically take most people YEARS to get theirs. But I'm mostly thinking of the people who are perfectly awesome Soquili patrons who want a Purewalker and a) aren't insanely rich enough to complete in auctions or bribes b) good RPers, but tend not to win RP contests against dozens of others c) not friends with staff or people lucky enough to have an extra breeding basket laying around.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, or like... Soquili-communist or something. Not everyone who mildly wants on is going to be able to get a Purewalker. But it should be a glimmer of hope: that if they save up X million gold, and are willing to try for (potentially) years in Super-Rare custom openings, that maybe their day will come.

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:56 pm
Kamiki
I know they aren't RP Required. But some people are using their special RP requires as an example of why they should only be given out in RP contests and not customs, because well then just anyone could get one.

I understand that concern. But, my counter point is this: There already IS a lack in quality control on how you get Purewalkers. They are more often obtained via non-RP contest means than they are. So I don't see why this is a valid reason they can't be in custom slots, using other methods to keep their rarity in check.

Its not fair, in my opinion, to completely block most people from have the opportunity to get a Purewalker. The shop is one imposing the strict RP requirement on them; which is fine. But it seems a bit counter-productive to then complain that people have to be "policed" on how they play them. That's why there is a paid, full time RP Manager. And also, as people have pointed out, Cursed Skinwalkers also have these requirements, and they are allowed in regular customs. So I'm just saying that I don't understand how their RP Requirements are a valid reason why they can't be allowed in customs.

RP Events are awesome, and I don't think anyone wants to see them go away... but they are still highly restrictive. What if you want an Purewalker but aren't very good at RPing? Does that mean you're not deserving of a Purewalker? What if you're AMAZING at RPing but just not the BEST out of 50 people all trying for the same pet? Or maybe you just don't like to RP - should that take you out of the running as well?

Again, I'm all for cool downs or limitations that would make Purewalkers still very rare - just not nearly impossible. I know so many people who have said things along the lines of "I want a Purewalker, but I know I'll never get them." Honestly with how hard it is to get customs at all, it would still basically take most people YEARS to get theirs. But I'm mostly thinking of the people who are perfectly awesome Soquili patrons who want a Purewalker and a) aren't insanely rich enough to complete in auctions or bribes b) good RPers, but tend not to win RP contests against dozens of others c) not friends with staff or people lucky enough to have an extra breeding basket laying around.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, or like... Soquili-communist or something. Not everyone who mildly wants on is going to be able to get a Purewalker. But it should be a glimmer of hope: that if they save up X million gold, and are willing to try for (potentially) years in Super-Rare custom openings, that maybe their day will come.

^ Well said Kamiki. Well said. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:02 pm
A completely non-staff opinion from me on this issue (these issues)

1. custom pelts: I don't think in any way these should be a non-mutant trait and here is why. Mutant traits come in to play based on rarity, and sometimes effort level required to make them such as custom wings (other than flutter). A full pelt of another animal, that has to resemble in some way an existing familiar, is TOUGH as a colorist to make. You'll notice pelts that are obtained on non-skinwalkers in customs are higher level edits, AND not full body/animal pelts, and can be fairly styled at the colorist's discretion. That being said... it does make sense that alterations to existing pelts, such as tail positions could be available in customs much like custom tails are for some breeds. ...though you could technically also custom accessories over the pelt so I am a little confused on the limited options argument.

2. concept contest: I like this as an alternative idea to RP contests, but I would like to see the entry form have some place to explain why you are entering for a pure/cursed walker. ie. backstory of cursed/pure parents, the life you have in store for them... so there is thought going into this besides "paws are pretty and I should get more of them"

3. purewalkers in events: I do not see a problem with this at all, and I think you guys are over and over again basically saying you think purewalkers are too rare and want pelts passed down. I do not think that is a customing issue, but a rarity issue which makes me want to just say you could request that the be present in more larger shop events (rather than staff credits, customs, ect.)

4. colorist workload: some staff members have hit on this but please keep the following in mind with ALL of your suggestion threads. It is nice to have you all tell us what you would like to see, because it gives staff a direction moving forward. In the last 6 months since I've been hired there have been so many wonderful conversations about getting the customers what they want and you guys have done a great job of telling us you noticed it. Keep in mind though that as customers we can't complain about not having enough customs, breedings, events, templates, species, rp contests, raffles, flatsales, slots of every kind --all at the same time. There is a cycle for customs/breedings/sales that is followed by everyone, and in addition to that comes everything else. The only exception is large events (CYOs, Holidays, summer..ect). Anything else (art contests, flaffles, freebies, MCCL, more than 3 breeding slots, ANYTHING CC'd, Staff Credits) comes AFTER these quotas. And by that point, if dear god colorists aren't burnt out, and it's not the end of the month, they may have time for templates, more contests, bribes...who knows what. I guess what I am trying to say is I love the suggestions threads, and you guys have some awesome ideas; but be considerate with your wording, and the level of requests made, as well as time frames when you make requests. tldr; with the monthly time frame colorists have to work in it may make the most sense to focus on asking for changes in breeding rules, or a continued focus on custom slots opening rather than both of these plus raffles and non-mutant status, and who knows what else

again these are my opinions as a customer not the opinions of the staff/shop.  

slimycrow

Original Codger

Soquili

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:44 pm
There have been a lot of questions and suggestions and even demands, so this letter is to respond to as much of this as possible. It has been broken up by category to make it easier to understand.

Quote:
Breeding Skinwalkers

First and foremost, the reason cursedwalkers don't pass down cursed children is because the powder is not some sort of disease. It cannot be contracted, is not contagious, it is simply a twisting of ones heart, soul and spirit. Genetically speaking, cursed skinwalkers still have the genetics of their original breed.

Purewalkers are demonic creatures. While there is a very rare chance a cursed (or other) x pure breeding might result in a pure, it is incredibly rare and is not something that has yet happened. The reason they do not produce demonic children is because they ARE demonic beasts. The demon spawn that makes them will usually only take only with another demonic purewalker. All the other times the beast breeds (sans that rare exception), while the skinwalker can still procreate, it will simply take on the form of the non-purewalker.

Just so you can understand how this works, there is a 10% chance when a purewalker breeds with a non-purewalker that something other than the non-pure parent is born. This is split evenly between the 5% chance of the animalistic traits passing without the demonic influence, where ears, tails, or even the paws of the purewalker appear on a child with or without passing the madness, and a 5% chance that the demonic influence of the purewalker genetics appears in full in the offspring, resulting in a purewalker child.

Overall verdict

Cursedwalkers: Will not be able to breed down traits (though a colorist CAN choose to give edited accessories inspired by the skinwalker parent depending on the edit-levels of the non-cursed parent or the peltless pre-curse version of the parent, such as fur capes - this has happened before already - The actual template cannot be used in this situation, and the kids still will lack ANY skinwalker influences personality wise.)

Purewalkers: They already have a small chance of breeding their traits down in non-pure breedings and have been able to for over a year, as well as an even rarer (and optional to the colorist) chance to hybrid between two breeds of pure. We’re not going to increase the chances.

Quote:
Rarity

Cursedwalker and Purewalker Rarity is something that will not be changed. I’m sorry for those of you who voted for this, but there are reasons for this, and in the long run this is a suggestions thread and some times things suggested simply don't work.

Storywise, corpsepowder is extremely rare, only made in small quantities in a time consuming and ritual riddled process by a single evil shaman. It is not contagious, it is not genetic, it is one demonically charged human being doing long hard difficult work only he can canonly do.. Exposure isn’t something that’d be even rare: It’d be practically unheard of in most cases. However, is even rarer for a purewalker to fight their way through the ‘gate’ to the underworld and enter the Kawani lands. If the rarity of them were to be altered in any way to fit, it’d be to make them even less common than they already are, but we’re not going to make a category just to make them ‘ultra-rare’. We WANT them to be super rare. Though admittedly they are rarer than we’d like in some ways…. And not rare enough in others.

While RP is not required, and skinwalkers are not required to breed with a different soquili every time they’re entered, there are rules that are required to be followed when it does happen. Skinwalker contests, especially those for purewalkers, are not only completely optional and limited in amount allowed, but usually run by the Heads of the Shop (Uta, Malhith, and Mindsend). They are often helped run by assistants who have the authority, and often times job requirement, to remind people who break the rules. Unfortunately, they are often confronted with aggression when they do so. While other rules are broken and confronted with are met with similar aggression, those of us who are in charge of scheduling purewalker giveaways and free cursings often decide to hold off since the breed seems to be the one causing the most ‘House Rules” and sometimes even Gaia ToS breaking in the shop. All of us have been confronted with the same reactions to enforcing rules. Needless to say, this is a situation that makes us a little more careful with how we give away the free ones, since we want to reduce the risk of overall drama.

As it is, there are plans on trying to figure out ways to prevent the rule breaking rampant with the breed to reduce the risk of heart attack for everyone involved while still managing to give some free chances out. However due to their enforced rarity, and other plans, events, meta events, and giveaways taking priority, do not expect an immediate reaction. Especially since we’re trying to figure out ways to streamline things so the free!walkers do not cause more work and headache for everyone.

Overall verdict
Cursedwalkers: Remaining super rare.

Purewalkers: Remaining Restricted Release

Quote:
Edit Levels

Both curseds and purewalkers are able to get “peltless” versions for breeding purposes. For the Cursedwalkers this is “Before the Curse”. For Purewalkers however this is simply for when breeding with Non-Purewalkers so they have some physical traits they can pass on.
MOST purewalkers are premade, and thus are often made without such a peltless form or minimal edits because that is what the colorist felt like making. However this is not the case for all of them. For instance, the current Owl purewalker has a peltless form with moderate level edits. If you win a non-premade, custom or semi-custom, depending on the rules of the event they are given away in, you can request a peltless version. Purewalkers however cannot have 'critters' customed with them.

Overall verdict
Cursedwalkers: Pelts and feral forms will remain premade, with custom ones being a mutation. Most edits can be done precurse: if you want pelts and Animals to pass, buy the pre-curse form with fur accessories and custom critters. If you want just the pelted form, don’t be afraid to add accessories and hair to them as well: the only thing really holding you back is you.

Purewalkers: Pelts and feral forms will remain premade, with custom ones being a mutation. They can still have peltless versions for breedings with non-walkers. As most are premade, colorists can make them however edited they want. If you get one custom, you can custom them just like a cursed.

Quote:
Methods of Distribution

Contests/Free Giveaways: As stated above, Contests are dependent on the general climate of how skinwalkers and their owners are behaving publically with them and reactions when rules are enforced as they cause the most issues for staff. The better the climate, the better chances everyone has to having them made more readily available to those without and even with purewalkers. We have been working on ways of figuring how how to counteract it without having to worry about the current population, but it is a massive work in progress. Below in "Rules, tips, and suggestions" we will be posting some basic rules on creating a better environment for skinwalker contests.

Customs: Each colorist is only allowed to do ONE Super rare custom per month they have been scheduled to do customs based. So Skinwalkers, Angeni, and Ulun’suti are competing against each other. Each individual Super rare custom has the same chance of winning that raffle, and such superrare raffle spots cannot be split by breed, so one cannot have a “skinwalker only” super rare slot. As stated above, it will remain Cursedwalkers at superrare, and purewalkers kept as a restricted breed. HOWEVER, we cannot control who wins them without having the superrare slot be CC only, which means that it is not RP required.

Bribes: Like customs, this isn’t controlled by RP/the environment and behavior of the shop, but rather whomever wins. They can usually get what they want within limitations. If they want a skinwalker they can get one. However if they are to post anything publicly within the shop about the skinwalker, they need to follow the rules just as everyone else.
Bribes however are difficult to start: one must have not only the desire to open bribes and be at least a senior colorist, but must pay credits in order to do so, have all of their work completed, and have finished up their quotas. Most colorists are either busy with Real Life issues and thus have slowed down to the point where they cannot finish in time to do their quota, are either familiar colorists, Apprentices, rookies, or Juniors, or are more focused on customs, breedings, and making the templates everyone seems to want, and generally keeping themselves too busy to even think about opening bribes. It’s an optional perk for the colorist. If they don’t want to pay for them or can’t, they won’t happen.

Auctions and Paid Raffles: Like customs, this isn’t controlled by RP/the environment and behavior of the shop, but rather whomever wins. However if they are to post anything publicly within the shop about the skinwalker, they need to follow the rules just as everyone else. They usually happen only during big events, and whether or not skinwalkers ‘fit’ the theme or the event is something that has to be kept in mind.
Private Auctions and Raffles Cost credits just like bribes do, and have the same limitations, being Perks.

Just so people can understand how such perks work, here are how they are priced.
Quote:
Other Perks
{Bribe/Big Bribe}, {Auction/Collab. Auction} each share cooldowns. Senior/Elder Colorists only.
• 2,000c = bribe slot - good for any one breeding bribe or two custom bribes. Two month cooldown.
• 3,000c = custom collab auction. (each colorist needs 3k). Three month cooldown.
• 4,000c = personal (only pet(s) colored by you) non-event paid raffle 80% profits (10% to list manager and 10% to MS pay) max 5 pets in raffle. No purewalkers or megamutants. Three month cooldown.
---+1,000c Per Purewalker in raffle
---+2,000c Per Megamutant in raffle
• 5,000c = custom auction with (80% junior/90% senior/100% elder) profits. Three month cooldown.
• 10,000c = Big Bribe slot - up to 20 customs or 10 breedings, in any combination (2 customs = 1 breeding) Six month cooldown.

These ‘perks’ often result in a LOT more work for us, and often times? We’d honestly rather just take a break or work on things that help the shop out as a whole rather than just ourselves and one person.

Staff Credits: It costs 7,000 credits to get a non-mutant purewalker, and 9,000 credits to get a mutant one for Colorists, and there is a 6 month cooldown between Purewalkers bought for the person (Not by colorist) who gets the purewalker. Most colorists cannot afford this, but if they can, AND have finished their work, AND the individual receiving the skinwalker are not currently on a cooldown for the breed, they are welcome to spend their credits however they please. Random quest raffles have happened in the past to give things away, sometimes friends are gifted, sometimes they get themselves something. However if they are to post anything publicly within the shop about the skinwalker, they need to follow the rules just as everyone else.

RL customs: Currently not being done since Sirenz is super busy. But once again, these are not limited by rp or behavior when purchased, but still have to follow the rules when in the shop.

Overall verdict

Cursedwalkers: Available in customs and the occasional giveaway.

Purewalkers: Available in bribes, custom auctions, and RL customs when the winner wants them, Auctions, paid raffles, and staff credits when the colorist/staffer wants to, and free giveaways whenever we think we found a way that causes the least amount of drama in the long run or simply want give one away.

Quote:
    Rules and Tips

Rules
  • Skinwalkers, in character, must be evil and not have any emotional bonds: This includes bonds to parents, offspring, and breeding partners.
  • Keep out of Character behaviors Private: this means if for instance your skinwalkers breedings are all with the same soquili, do not announce it in the breeding form where it asks if they are lifemated. We don’t care if your breedings are between only the two of them, just keep it to yourself and there won’t be any issues.
  • Be polite when told you’re breaking a shop or ToS rule: Not only is it usually just someone’s job, but being mean or fighting it only means you’re now breaking even more rules and you could end up greylisted, either from the shop in general, or just being able to RP (or in severe cases breed or win) the breed in question.
  • Do not enter purewalkers into Wishing Stars or Mockbreeding giveaways: They cannot love. They cannot form bonds. They will not wish for offspring. And the spirits that grant such wishes will NOT grant the wish of anyone mad enough to wish for a purewalker’s offspring.
    ----cursedwalkers and wishing stars/mockbreeding raffles: The cursedwalker themselves cannot wish for a child, nor would someone who met them as a skinwalker be granted a child. Despite this, a lover from before their cursing however can wish to have a reminder of who they were before the curse.
  • Be courteous: If you’re causing issues, you’re hurting everyone, including yourself! If you don’t like how things currently are and would like a chance to win a purewalker/another purewalker/a free bag of corpsepowder for one of your soquili to be just a little more common, even if you do not want to follow the restrictions, just keep it on the down low and things will warm up.
  • Do NOT harass people who aren’t following rules: If someone is breaking the Personality and Plotline rules in the shop, do not police them as that is our job: if you do it you could end up simply end up banned from gaia. However you can report such issues to staff. Doing so not only helps us keep soquili running smoothly, but it lets us see who has a decent understanding of the breed, even if you don’t RP.
  • While characters can be freely rped however you wish outside of the shop, other shop rules must be followed regardless of location: This means you cannot sell soquili you own for gold or real money, harass other customers or staff, control what happens to breedings you do not own etc.

Tips

• Have trouble Rping something evil but still want to Rp the character? Keep the No-shop-compliant character rp and info out of the shop and in a private, personal setting such as a personal guild, a journal or an instant messanger.. While you won’t get any statistics for it, we don’t care how you Rp them outside of the shop. You can have IM RP, PM rp, or even rp in your own personal guild, but do not have anything posted within the shop. What we don’t have to monitor, we don’t have to police. You cannot get stats for this however. If you want stats for it, you need to follow shop rules
  • Like how your skinwalker and a soquili-they-can't-breed-with (Same gender, incompatible breed) look together? You CAN still buy customs made to look like a mix of them. Please note that the skinwalker can only be used as a reference, not a legitimate parent. These customs are inspirational only, and cannot be treated as mockbreeding/spirit children between the two publically, nor can the couple in question be entered in to wishing stars or mock breeding events.
  • Don’t know if your personality or plotline fits what is allowed in the shop? Ask one of the following people: Uta, Malhith, Mindsend. Asking anyone else would likely get the question redirected to one of these four, and they’ll give suggestions of what you can do to make it work. If you don’t like what can be done to make it work, just don’t break the rules and keep such Rp simply for the fun of it in your own personal areas outside of the shop or even Gaia. There are plenty of soquili that don’t follow the rules but don’t cause us issue because it’s kept at the ‘sig candy’ level in shop and everything else is offline.

In the end, not much has or will change any time soon. We will be working on a “Skinwalkers 101” to help people with figuring out plotlines and personalities, and have already been working on figuring out ways to reduce the headaches they often cause so we can make them at least a little more accessible. Right now out of all the breeds and characters, they are the ones that break not only the most shop rules, but also Gaia’s ToS, and often times we the staff are seen as bad guys for trying to patch things up, being fought and complained against for simply enforcing the Rules and Terms of Service. We hope that as we try out different ways of releasing them, that we can indeed give more away and make it just a little easier for others to receive, and MAY have a way figured out, but it requires time and is a low priority as other things are in the works.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff