Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
..:: The Lightning Bolt and The Hare ::.. A c c e p t i n g Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bunny's Fluffy Bunny?
I like marshmallows.
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
I like bunnies.
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
I like neither.
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:12 pm
σ η c ε XXX υ ρ σ η XXX α XXX т ι м ε . . .

User Image

The universe can be so immense, that people tend to forget that it is so large. They lack the ability to see all of it, therefore they only believe in the tangible events in their lives and not what lies beyond their egocentric views of the world.
The understanding of the mechanism of this universe has been long forgotten, much less how it works. Yet a select few wise individuals are not so naive; they know that their world is not alone. In fact, there are several million worlds in this universe, all living and breeding life...Or not...Each world is different on its own. However, all the worlds hold something in common: a special link.

That link: Magic. It is what connects all the worlds. It serves as a network, a common medium, that keeps the worlds stable and alive. There are many worlds that do not believe in magic, and they go on living without a thought that it does, in fact, exist. Others manipulate this magic and thrive off it. However, no one can truly understand its source. Magic is just magic. It just is. However, they are totally wrong!

Magic has many forms. It courses through life, through the veins of living beings, through the stars. It is everywhere, like a glue that keeps the universe in tact. Yet it is better to think of magic as a web of the universe. These magical threads intersect all over the place, and all meet at one vector: a "magic mirror". There are as many mirrors as there are worlds. They exist solely as a powerful magical medium, concentrated in each world so that magical excess does not get out of hand. Many magic mirrors have bee used, coming in the form of brushes, looking glasses, a white stag and more. Others can go through their whole life without seeing one or even knowing there is a magic mirror.
But we will now focus on one magic mirror in a world like your own. Ordinary. Bustling life. It is a world that resembles the Earth that you live in today. And the magic mirror in this world had come in the form of a book. A simple, plain book.

Now, this bookstore owner did not mean to unlock this great source of power on their own. The bookstore owner had, imbedded within them, a wondrous key. It came to be that this bookstore owner was the holder of this key unknowingly, and how it came to be there is unknown.

And once upon a time, he happened to cross the magic mirror of his world and read from it on a lazy, warm night. Yet, upon reading this book aloud, the bookstore owner had unlocked the magic mirror’s power. An explosion of magical excess entered in this world, and the links to all the worlds entered this one. Heroes and villains, characters across all the books in the book store manifested themselves into this world. They now take a physical world and are wreaking havoc!

Which character are you? Will you help the poor bookstore owner collect all the characters and put them back in their books? Are you a character wanting to explore this new world? Or are you a villain with a new playground to wreak chaos in?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:13 pm
я υ ℓ ε s X & X я ε g υ ℓ α т ι σ η s

This rp was created with much thanks to the suggestions of the WhyNot? roleplay community, notably by ZimbuTessen.

You guys should follow Gaia ToS and Why Not?'s regulations. Other than that, general rules about the rping should be known. This includes no godmodding, kind OOC, no Mary/Gary Sues, a notification for long hiatus's ( a week? ), semi-lit, post something with substance, and have fun. Romance is acceptable, but I do not want this to stem off from the main plot. Gore and violence is also acceptable, just be respectful of others. Comedy, tragedy, drama, and plot twists are very much acceptable as well. Death in this rp will be explained later. If you want to kill/be killed by another character, please notify me first and the other party.

If there is any complaints, questions, or etc. than please contact me through pm. In this rp, I WILL BE TAKING RESERVATIONS. Characters shall be taken on a first sent first taken basis. Taken or reserved characters will be listed below. Profiles should be sent with the title: "Mirror Mirror: [Insert story book your character is from]"

With this in mind, here is the regulations on the types of characters you will create:

For the sake of this rp, all characters will have to be from children's story characters. You will send in characters only from children's books. This does not include Hunger Games, Twilight, and any other fan book.
To name a few: "Little Red Riding Hood", "Jack and the Beanstalk", "Princess and the Pea", "Little Mermaid", "Peter Pan", "Hansel and Gretel", "Jack and Jill", "Robin Hood", "Goldilocks", etc.

With that, there are many other characters from these stories you can take.

With regard to characters, I will allow full freedom in the personality, appearance, and backstory of these characters as long as they follow the book they are in. Characters could be different as long as they generally follow the stories they are from.

For example, Little Red could be a voluptuous woman instead of a little girl on her way to her grandmother's to treat her sickness. Yet a pack of mercenaries/vigilantes called The Wolves attack her. Unknown to them, Little Red is kick a** with a sword and defeats the pack.

I would like to keep much of the general children's story you've picked intact, but you have been given the freedom to make changes to their characters and their lives. Anything goes, like changing genders and what not, unless it gets too out of hand. At that point, I will tell you to please alter your character to fit the guidelines of this rp.

ADDED NEWNESS: It has come to my attention that because there are so many characters in one children's book and the lot of you would apply for at least one of those characters, that not everyone's interpretations of the story are the same. So! I will allow different versions of the story book to be made, however, will not accept the same character.
For example, Peter Pan, Wendy, the Lost Boys, and Hook can all come from different versions of "Peter Pan" but I will only accept one Peter Pan and one Wendy. Peter Pan can be some sort of weirdo obsessed with cake and Wendy can be an opera singer, but this Peter Pan and this Wendy do not necessarily have to know each other. They can know the Peter Pan from the version they're in, but unless you make it so that your character comes from the same version as another person's, than they most likely would not know each other. Makes sense? If not, please tell me and ask questions.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:15 pm
s к ε ℓ ε т σ и

[align=left] | [imgleft]Picture goes here! Make it anime as well.[/imgleft] | [/align]
[align=right][size=14][color=color2] ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ [/color] [/size]
[size=14][color=color1][b]| "Quote or something they'd say" |[/b] [/color][/size]

[size=14][color=color2]◈ ◈ ◈[/color][color=color1]| Character name | [/color][/size]

[size=14][color=color2]≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎[/color] [/size]
[size=10][color=color1]| Role. What story you are from and what character you embody. |[/color][/size]

[size=10][color=color2]| Bio. You can make alterations to the story you are from, just do not deform it too much. | [/color][/size] [color=color1][size=14]◎ ◎ ◎ ◎ ◎[/size][/color]

[color=color2][size=14] ✽ ✼ ✻ ✽ ✼ ✻ ✽ ✼ ✻ ✽ ✼ ✻ ✽ ✼ ✻[/size] [/color]
[size=10][color=color1]| Personality.| [/color][/size]
[color=color2][size=14]✱ ✲ ✳ ✱ ✲ ✳ ✱ ✲ ✳ ✱ ✲ ✳ ✱ ✲ ✳ [/size][/color]

[size=11][color=color1]| Good? Bad? Neutral? |[/color][/size] [size=14] [color=color2]✪ ✫ ✪[/color][/size]

[size=14][color=color2]♠ ♤ ♥ ♡[/color][/size] [color=color1][size=10]| Other? |[/size]
[/color] [size=14][color=color2]♦ ♢ ♣ ♧[/color][/size]
[/align]

[size=13][color=color1][align=center]
| Username | [/align][/color][/size]

c н α я α c т ε я X ℓ ι s т

Jack and Jill are taken by Creamsicle Bunnies

Sleeping Beauty and Alice are taken by Lucciiraptar

Goldilocks is taken and the Grimm Brothers are reserved by Smells-Like-A-Cookie

Snow White is taken by vampiricqueen95

The Cheshire Cat is taken by Minnta Aloripma

Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dum and Max ("Where the Wild Things Are") are reserved by MommiiDearest

Puss in Boots and Prince Charming are taken by thymeast22

Big Bad Wolf is taken by Rin128564

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:16 pm
ω σ м ε η

| User Image |

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
| "It is not the strongest, nor the smartest that survives." |

◈ ◈ ◈| Briar "White" Rose |

≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎
| Sleeping Beauty |

| She was born the heir to a considerable empire, poised to take over when her mother died. So from age four, she was given the best tutors in all subjects: Scholarly pursuits, swordsmanship, and even battle magic. Her aunt, however, wanted the throne for herself and designed a sleeping poison that she then gave to Briar, until one of her Lionheart warriors cured her. After that, she began to lead a rebellion against her cruel aunt, until she was pulled from her world. | ◎ ◎ ◎ ◎ ◎

✽ ✼ ✻ ✽ ✼ ✻ ✽ ✼ ✻ ✽ ✼ ✻ ✽ ✼ ✻
| She's very serious, rarely cracking jokes or even understanding them. She's constantly aware that she's lost almost ten years of her life, and so she feels she has to make up for lost time by fighting even harder against evil. |
✱ ✲ ✳ ✱ ✲ ✳ ✱ ✲ ✳ ✱ ✲ ✳ ✱ ✲ ✳

| Good | ✪ ✫ ✪

♠ ♤ ♥ ♡ | She has a number of visible scars: A long one along her left arm, stretching from elbow to shoulder, and another larger scar bisecting that one; one scar along the right side of her jaw, a large one from the middle-right of her forehead, to her left cheek, and one under her left eye; a long scar stretching from her clavicle to her waist mostly hidden by her clothes. She has more that aren't visible. She's trained to use her sword with her left hand, and magic with her right. |
♦ ♢ ♣ ♧

| Luciiraptar |

| User Image |

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
| "The proper order of things is often a mystery to me." |

◈ ◈ ◈| Twas brillig, and the slithy toves Did gyre and gimble in the wabe: All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe. Yes, she is simply known as Cheshire Cat. |

≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎
| The Cheshire Cat of Wonderland |

| The Cheshire Cat is one of many strange beings from Wonderland, though she could possibly be one of the stranger ones as she is one of the few to admit that she might be a little less than sane. Add on the fact that she tended to appear and disappear one body part at a time, usually starting (coming)/ending (going) with her grin, you have one odd creature even by Wonderland standards. She once took an interest in an outsider who was known as 'Alice', appearing along their path to give them her version of help. Which involved saying things that may or may not have made sense until 'Alice' finally left Wonderland. | ◎ ◎ ◎ ◎ ◎

| A quirky and flippant individual, the Cat does what she pleases how she pleases and when she pleases while making remarks that may or may not make sense the entire time. Her remarks have been known to be helpful on occasion if someone bothered to puzzle out what she means. |

| Neutral | ✪ ✫ ✪

♠ ♤ ♥ ♡ | Her strange appearances and disappearances are actually all due to her being an illusionist. |
♦ ♢ ♣ ♧

| Minnta Aloripma |

| User Image |

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
| "I will not stop till it has been made right." |

◈ ◈ ◈| Muriel BelThorne |

≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎
| Goldilocks (and the three bears) |

| Muriel, or as others call her, Goldilocks, is part of a clan of noble hunters. The clan travois region to region hunting creatures of myth. When Muriel came of age she was assigned a task of killing king bears. When she arrived to their domain they were nowhere to be found, she had to wait four days, surviving on what little food the bears had around. When the bears appeared Muriel struck them down one by one, she earned her place in the clan, and the title of a Hunter. | ◎ ◎ ◎ ◎ ◎

| Muriel isn't a very friendly person, she's more concerned with getting her duties finished. She's not interested in making friends. |

| Neutral | ✪ ✫ ✪

♠ ♤ ♥ ♡ | Muriel carries her blade everywhere she goes, she doesn't want to be caught off guard. |
♦ ♢ ♣ ♧

| Smells-like-a-cookie |

| User Image |

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
| "We're not all mad here. But it's bloody close." |

◈ ◈ ◈| Alice Wunderkind |

≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎
| Alice in Wonderland |

| She was a Wonderlander experiment, a perfectly average child turned into a combination of mechanics and magic. She was given the ability to travel short distances via "rabbit holes" (up to twenty yards) quickly. She began to add to herself over time, including self-updating processes for her mechanical components and folding pieces using the "rabbit hole" magic, which allows her to produce blades from various points on her body. | ◎ ◎ ◎ ◎ ◎

| Very cold, impersonal. She appears not to care about anything, and often refuses to take part in things until she has a better idea of the situation. She does what she believes is right, even if other people think she's evil for it. |

| Neutral | ✪ ✫ ✪

♠ ♤ ♥ ♡ | Her ability is slipspace since I'm a nerd. Also, uses a variety of vision modes to see and sounds like GLaDOS. There's a status light on each of her vertebrae and all moving joints, showing red for operational and violet for nonfunctional. |
♦ ♢ ♣ ♧

| Luciiraptar |

| User Image |

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
| "Don't touch me," |

◈ ◈ ◈| Lucinda Snow |

≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎
| Snow White. |

| Lucinda was admired throughout the kingdom she lived in by all for her exceptional beauty.. and she used this to her advantage. Her step-mother's "evil" was a plot concocted by the mirror she pestered about beauty. Lucinda pretended to be a helpless victim, and a prince whisked her away and executed the step-mother. Once she became queen, Lucinda showed none of her true colors, keeping up her innocent, lovable facade. She seeks power and worship, and the people give it to her, thanks to her magical beauty. | ◎ ◎ ◎ ◎ ◎

| Very cool and collected, Lucinda reveals very little of her true intentions to those around her. She trusts no one and is skeptical to follow anyone else's orders. She will seize power at any opportunity and has very little sense of humor. Her anger has a long fuse, but is explosive and cruel. |

| Neutral/Evil. | ✪ ✫ ✪

♠ ♤ ♥ ♡ | Lucinda has always been beautiful, but her beauty has been enhanced with the use of magic. Despite being all for power-grabbing, and with enough persuasion, Lucinda tends to do the right thing without wicked intentions. |
♦ ♢ ♣ ♧

| vampiricqueen95 |

| User Image |

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
| "Why don't I laze around my master's house? I enjoy the hunt too much to let the mice come to me." |

◈ ◈ ◈| Kat Botte |

≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎
| Puss in Boots |

|The stories say she helped her master marry a princess, through her own trickery and genius. To that extent, the stories are right. What they do not say is that she went on to become one of the most successful thieves in the kingdom. Somewhere along the way she found a ring that allowed her to take a human form, though her ears and tail never fully vanish. There is always at least a shadow of them, just enough to put the thought in a bystander's head. | ◎ ◎ ◎ ◎ ◎

| Fickle. Kat does what she pleases, especially where it concerns fun or sparkly things. She has learned to play any role, being sweet and innocent, or a cold killer, or anything in between.|

| Good/Neutral | ✪ ✫ ✪

♠ ♤ ♥ ♡ | Her cat form is black and white, very sleek and skinny. She also prefers the use of a rapier and daggers to the crossbow in the picture. |
♦ ♢ ♣ ♧

| thymeast22|

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:20 pm
м ε и

| User Image |

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
| "My love is yours but your love is not mine." |

◈ ◈ ◈| Ren Lenore Winterbourne |

≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎
| From the bookstore |

| Ren had to keep his middle name after being mistaken for a girl when he was born. It was plain to see that Ren was born luck not on his side. From then on, he’s been ridden with bad luck here and there. Nothing too significant to make his plain life any different, but enough to make him a miserable individual. From girls dumping him to buses being late, Ren never did live in complete comfort. But it is something that Ren has gotten used to. Except when a billion story book characters peel themselves off their pages and are brought to life in the bookstore he works at! Ren can’t catch a break! Now Ren is stuck having to collect these weirdoes even though he doesn’t quite understand how it all happened. | ◎ ◎ ◎ ◎ ◎

| Ren is a grim character. While he is responsible and generous, he is depressing. Despite his clumsiness, however, he is surprisingly an optimist.|

| The Protagonist of this story. | ✪ ✫ ✪

♠ ♤ ♥ ♡ | Ren works at the bookstore. |
♦ ♢ ♣ ♧

| Creamsicle Bunnies |

| User Image |

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
| "Have I found you, flightless bird?" |

◈ ◈ ◈| Jill the Sly Fox |

≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎
| Jill from “Jack and Jill”. |

| Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch the Holy Grail…
The two were twins raised by their poor parents. In their attempts to raise money, the two became mercenaries. It was Jack who suggested to look for the Holy Grail, a golden chalice said to endow its owner with wealth and power. So Jill and his sister embarked on such a journey, travelling across the valley country of Rhode. However, their search lost their major incentive when their parents died. The two were at a loss, surely, but continued to search for the Holy Grail in attempts to seek a more prosperous life.
In the meanwhile of their travels, Jack and Jill became well known for being a powerful duo. They were a dangerous couple, merciless and brutal when it came to foes. Yes, they became rogues. They were famous for their fierce raids on small villages and the such, yet they are always seeking leads for the Holy Grail. It was when the twins were in the middle of questioning a poor porter that they were transported to unknown lands. And these were not the hill Jack and Jill were used to.|
◎ ◎ ◎ ◎ ◎

| Jill is quiet, seemingly cool until he makes a crude remark. He is paranoid, yet very protective and decisive in his choices. Jill tends to be witty and clever, earning his nickname. Yet because he is the silent type, it is left to wonder what goes through his head. |

| Not the best person in the world to meet. | ✪ ✫ ✪

♠ ♤ ♥ ♡ | It is best not to comment on Jill’s name. Many mistake him as Jack, but really, his name is Jill. |
♦ ♢ ♣ ♧

| Creamsicle Bunnies |

| User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. | Werewolf

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
| "The better to smell you with" |

◈ ◈ ◈| Randolf Wolfram |

≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎
| Little Red Ridding Hood, Big bad wolf |

| All that anyone knows about is the girl clad and red and how the big bad wolf wanted to eat her. It is nothing but lies. It was a long story but Randolf never hesitated on explaining his side of what had happened. He grew up on his own, his mother vanishing when he was but a child, his siblings vanishing as well. Till this day he is unaware as to what had happened to them but in the end he simply figured that a pack of wolves had come and eaten them up yet he managed to live. The older he got the more he began to feel strange...different. It was only when he had hit puberty that it happened. On a dark night with a full and bright moon, Randolf had awaken with a terrible ache in his chest and the pain only increased and he assumed that he was having some sort of heart attack and that he would die any second. Letting out shouts and screams of pain her began to notice bones beginning to pop and grow, hair also forming upon his body. With a final shout of pain a loud howl ripped form his throat and he had come to see that he was no longer a normal teenage boy but he had become a werewolf.

Yes, miss Little Red Ridding Hood didn't even know what true creature he was. What a stupid girl considering he was able to speak with her...what normal wolf did that?! Either way he had come to terms with what and who he really was though from time to time his transformations would happen randomly until he could morph into his werewolf from any time he wanted to. Of course during a full moon he still had no control over it.

One day he so happened to be in his wolf like form and that was when he ran into the girl. He had been searching for food (for he was a hungry man) and wanted whatever was in her basket...but she had refused and left him be. Feeling like he wanted her to regret being so mean to him he followed her and noticed that she had gone to another house. Sneaking into the back he gobbled the old woman up (unaware that it was her grandmother) and dressed as her and lay upon the bed. When she came in it didn't take the girl long for her to realize that he was actually the wolf and that once removing the blanket from himself he was covered in blood. She came to the conclusion that her grandmother was eaten.

Sadly before he could gobble the selfish b***h up a man rushed in (upon hearing the girl scream) and chased him away since he had an ax with him. Ever since then the girl had tried to seek him out to kill him though considering he was also human she could never do so. He had accomplished making her regret not sharing her goods. |
◎ ◎ ◎ ◎ ◎

| Randolf is rather ill tempered and is a very mysterious man due to the fact that he is hiding half of himself for he is half a beast. He's a rational man and will reason but if one does not act proper and kindly to him then he will show them exactly the type of temper he has. He is not afraid to snarl at someone.|

| Good and Bad depending on the situation. More bad than good. | ✪ ✫ ✪

♠ ♤ ♥ ♡ | If Randolf is angered to the extreme he will transform into his werewolf like state and bites someone's face off.|
♦ ♢ ♣ ♧

| Rin128564 |

| User Image |

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
| "What more could you want in a Prince |

◈ ◈ ◈| Philip Charming |

≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎ ≎
| Prince Charming |

| You know how all the stories are about the princess, and not the prince? That's because Charming IS the prince. Yes, all of them. It's a contract. One princess per year, or so he's supposed to try to save one. You see, he pricked his finger on Sleeping Beauty's thorns, and couldn't get in. Especially when he saw the dragon. Rapunzel's hair wasn't strong enough to pull him up, and he insulted the dwarves, so they wouldn't let him near Snow White. And he never heard Cinderella when he was trying to identify his princess by, of all things, a shoe. You see, while dancing, he never looked at her face, just down at her "toes". And mothers get upset when you try to identify their daughter by their "toes", so finding the shoe was a lucky break. Except it never fit anyone.... | ◎ ◎ ◎ ◎ ◎

| Clumsy, self centered, and overall idiodic. Charming is very unlucky, and thinks all his plans are brilliant. He also seems to think everything is a script, and he's quick to give up. If you need a man to run headfirst into danger, this is him. So long as you don't tell him what he's really up against, seeing as he's a bit of a coward. |

| Good | ✪ ✫ ✪

♠ ♤ ♥ ♡ | He's easily distracted by his own reflection. |
♦ ♢ ♣ ♧

| thymeast22|

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:28 pm
я ε s ε я v ε ∂

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:29 pm
я ε s ε я v ε ∂

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:12 pm
A c c e p t i n g . P r o f i l e s . A n d . R e s e r v a t i o n s.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:57 pm
I know there were others who looked at my "I think I'm pregnant..." rp, and they reserved characters. Please, please, please pm me a reservation for those characters please! Otherwise, they are a free for all!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:28 pm
Again, I know there were others who looked at my "I think I'm pregnant..." rp, and they reserved characters. Please, please, please pm me a reservation for those characters please! Otherwise, they are a free for all!

Let's also not make this a clam fest. I will restrict the number the females if this continues crazily.

And, I added a new Character Regulation above. It is bolded and underlined for your convenience. If you do not like the added change, please tell me and why. I tried to make it so that everyone can tailor their characters however they wanted.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:28 am
G o . G o . G o .

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers