Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Enrollment!] Mathias the Wolpertinger (Accepted)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:49 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Name: Mathias
Nicknames: None so far. Can be determined through RP

Faction: Monster
Race: Wolpertinger

Natural Ability: Dark vision: The ability to see with no light source at all, but only to a specified range. This vision is in black and white, however, and would not allow them to see things that they would not have been able to see otherwise (ie: invisible objects or through illusions)

Personality:
-Temperament: Wolpertingers are known for being rather fierce and engergetic for such small creatures. Mathias himself can behave rather agressively. If he finds that something or someone is bothering him in a way that he finds unbearable, he will not hesitate to get right up in their business and let them know it, flat out, no beating around the bush necessary. If things escalate further from that point, he will be more then happy to fight it out, if that is what the other party would wish to do. In fact, he loves fighting, he takes great enjoyment in it. It is how he would prefer to 'socialize'. Even though this has more often then not led to rough end for the little wolpertinger, both in his current school and in his pack, it has done nothing to stop him from repeating this cycle. He is scrapper, and he's high strung and easily wound up. Chances are, however, once the fight is said and done, he will hold nothing against the one that he fought against to begin with. Win or lose, after a good fight is finished, he'll probably want to be friends.

-Territorial: Mathias is very protective of what he considers to be his. His room is his den. Intruders are not appreciated, and would learn quite quickly to stay out unless invited in. He does not lend out his possessions easily, not even to friends, and would likely act very put out and disgruntled if forced to share. This does not just apply to objects, but to other people as well. Once he has made a friend, he would consider them his friend for life, and would become vastly vigilant in keeping them from harm. Jealousy might also be an issue for him.

-Kleptomaniac: While he is incredibly possessive of his own things, Mathias appears to have very little regard for other people's property, and will very casually pocket obscure objects owned by his fellow family members, peers, or even teachers to smuggle back into his room and keep as his very own. None of the things he takes are ever of any real value. Pens, paperclips, buttons, spoons, feathers...it's all quite harmless really. It's actually almost more like hoarding...but it's still stealing.

-Games: Mathias loves games, especially ones that are played in large groups, but since leaving home he hasn't yet made enough close ties to new people or made any really good friends. He misses the woods that were his home, his vast family/pack, and his small, natural form. They were all that he knew before being sent out into the world, and it is taking him some time to adjust to the new surroundings. As a result, the games he plays now are often ones that he can do on his own. Crossword puzzles, sudoku, word searches...it's nice for him to be able to just immerse himself in these puzzle games, and he will quite often be found between classes relaxing with a book, pencil in hand, concentrating on these little distractions.

-Language: Wolpertingers are of German origins, and Mathias himself is fluent in the language, though he does of course speak the more common one of his peers and teachers, but not without an accent. There are some occasions when he is feeling particularly stressed out that he might revert into his native tongue to rant for a few sentences. He also might find himself struggling with some terms and expressions, either to say them or to understand what has been said to him.

Strange Weakness: Wolpertingers have one well known weakness, and that is the sight of a beautiful woman. In Mathias's case, catching the eye of a pretty ghoul will quickly turn the excitable, sometimes surly, often times scrappish teenage boil into a quiet, shy, stammering, gibbering wreck. Congratulations, ghouls, you have tamed him. No more aggression here! To remedy this, he will often look past a ghoul when speaking with them, or in the case of the more indecently or scantily clad ladies out there, keep his head turned away from them altogether. This is of course, something he will eventually have to get over, as one can not live their entire life without looking at ghouls, and he will likely be encountering many on a day to day basis if he attends Amityville. It is highly unlikely that he will retain this condition (or at least, to the degree that he currently possesses it) forever.

tl;dr: Energetic, can be agressive, and likes to scrap, but shy, quiet, and timid around most ghouls. Likes to steal useless objects from others, but hates it when people intrude upon his own property or touch his own things. Speaks German, and has a German accent.

((I will totally add more to this if I think of anything else))

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? His family worry that because of his small size, and the overly competitive nature of his kind, that he would not be given a chance to thrive in his home environment. He believes that he is perfectly capable, and that they should give him a chance to prove that size doesn't mean everything. It was with much discussion that they all decided sending him away for a time to school might be for the best, both for his own health and to figure out where his strengths truly lay before he can return.

FEAR Ability: : Furious Swipes: A burst of speed allows Mathias to bounce around his enemy while swiping at them with claws from every possible angle! Uses Swift Strikes dice mechanics

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: red
Hair Colour/Style: Silver grey with some darker grey streaks here and there, longer in the front and shorter in the back
Skin Colour: light tan
Clothing Style/Colours: I'm thinking something Kodona-esque? I definitely adore that style and think that it works for him. I also like the idea of putting him in boots that add some inches to his height, since he's a little sensitive about the issue. Some examples: Link , Link , Link , Link , Link , Link
Extra: In his student form he should have long bunny like ears (dark grey) that might look slightly tattered/scarred in places. smallish wings (not tiny but not big enough for him to be able to use to fly) in colors/style like that of a grey buzzard eagle just below his shoulder blades Example
He will also have antlers but for his stage one/year one they will be small, protruding maybe just two inches out of his hair, looking more like nubby little horns to start with. These should be black. He also has fangs, but in his stage one they are pretty tiny as well. He is a shorty mc short pants, only 4'10" in his student form (though in his boots he'd be just over 5'0"). I think he should also possibly also have his fingernails sharpened. Not super long, but at least pointed/clawed like and black in color.
References: See image!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:53 pm
Racial Info:

From Monstropedia: The Wolpertinger (Crisensus bavaricus) is an imaginary hybrid creature (or a cryptid to some) supposedly living in the alpine forests of Bavaria in Germany.

The Wolpertinger is described as being composed from body parts of various animals — generally wings, antlers and fangs, all attached to the body of a small mammal resembling that of a rabbit or squirrel. Occasionally it displays the webbed feet of a duck. The most widespread description is that of a horned rabbit or horned squirrel.

The best way to catch a Wolpertinger, according to legend, is to be a beautiful young woman (or be in the company of one), since Wolpertingers have a weakness for female beauty. The woman should go out into a forest at night while the moon is full and find a secluded nook where a Wolpertinger is likely to be. Hopefully, the creature will soon reveal itself. When it does the woman should expose her breasts. This will cause the Wolpertinger to instantly fall into a stupor, allowing it to easily be bagged.

From other various sources:
Wolpertingers are nocturnal creatures that are fierce predators that hunt in packs using clever tactics. They are capable of flight, but prolonged use of their wings leaves them weary, and they prefer to stay grounded for the most part. Wolpertingers are usually about 2 feet in length with a 4 foot wingspan, and weighs about 15 lbs.

Though the are omnivorous, the prefer fresh meat to anything else. They usually favor hunting creatures that are smaller then themselves, but have often been known to take on larger animals as well.

Wolpertingers rarely stay within their birth pack, once full grown, and instead will set out to establish their own pack.

They are aggressive and fiercely territorial. Packs strike out territories large enough for hunting needs, and will protect their territory by striving to attack or kill any threats to their area that they encounter. his territoriality extends to different packs of wolpertingers, though multiple packs have been known to coexist peacefully near one another as long as none of them violates another pack's territory.

When hunting, wolpertingers vary the approach of their attacks accordingly. They will swoop in from above, if necessary, or charge in from afar to attack with their antlers. Once in close range, the pack will gang up on it's prey, the older ones focusing on attacking relentlessly while the youngers will dart in and out with quicker strikes.

Wolpertingers tend to live in secluded areas, or in the dens of larger animals.

For the TiH setting:

Mathias's pack of wolpertingers consists of his own family, his mother and father, their various children and grandchildern, older ones who have stayed and younger ones who have not yet grown to adult size and gone to start their own packs, some few aunts and uncles with their children, the female and male mates of each who have stayed, and various nieces and nephews from theses pairings. It is quite a large pack, but by no means the largest. It consists mainly of wolpertingers who possess the body of a hare or rabbit, the wings of various birds of prey, fangs, and antlers. Other packs may look or behave differently.

Located in a vast, forested area of Halloween, there is more then enough territory for each individual wolpertinger pack, the land growing and adjusting as needed to accommodate their needs.

For food, they will hunt the various minipets in the area, or scavenge for insects, roots, grasses, and berries. Meat is preferable, however. None of this is typically necessary, as they have Fear to sustain them, but pack instincts demand hunting and foraging, and they rather enjoy the experience, as well as it being a good outlet for their aggressive and feisty behavior.

Their area is quite secluded, and they don't receive visitors often. Any threat to their territory is met with immediate aggression and attack. Like the mythology, however, the males of the species in particular (though females often have the same issue) do have a weakness towards females in humanoid form. It is an unexplained phenomenon, something that was carried over to Halloween from their human myth. While they may not be stunned by the sight of one, they do become timid, are less likely to act aggressively, and will often act almost tamed in their presence. This affliction occurs to varying degrees from tinger to tinger. Some may be hardly effected by it at all, while others may be effected greatly.

((working on this. Mainly trying to decide actual pack structure))  

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:54 pm
Extra little info bits:

~ Mathias is actually a runt in comparison to his siblings, thus has had a bit of a rough time growing up.

~ His wings are a tad underdeveloped for his age, and because of this he can not yet fly (and might never be able to, in fact!)

~ He has many scars on his body already, mostly on the back of his neck/between his shoulder blades, and along his arms from the many "scraps" he has gotten into with family members.

~In his natural form, Mathias is just over a foot and a half in length, and his wing span is about 2'10". He has not yet finished growing, but by wolpertinger standards, he is way behind in his physical development for his age and there is not much hope in him catching up.

~Even in his student form. Mathias quite often behaves a lot like a bunny in his movements and demeanor. Twitching ears and nose, raising his head to look around if he senses something nearby, and moving rather hurriedly via bouncing/jumping and general skittering around  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:24 pm
And one more for whatever idk

Crits on personality or on structure of the race as a whole is greatly appreciated!! I honestly have no idea if anybody has quested for wolpertinger before or if there is already a weapon/student based on one so if there is, any info already set in place would be awesome as well XD <3  

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

santime

Vicious Aggressor

8,925 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • 20 Wins 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:51 pm
Just a quick question, don't you think his Kryptonite trait would make his relationship with the females (and I don't mean just romantic relationship, but also possible friends/enemies and even female professors) really complicated? And how about female Hunters, in case he stumbles upon one? smile It could also slow down his "Temperamental" trait, since he would meet lots of ghouls, anyway.

Also, do you think he'd be communicative or sociophobic? He's no longer in his pack, yet surrounded by lots of boils and ghouls, so he could either become friendly and sociable, may even more than just sociable, or passive-aggressive and arrogant, and that's not quite clear. What are his views towards other races/species, had he ever met them before?

What are his own aims and goals? Does he want to "prove" smt to his parents, probably that is good enough despite his size? How does he see himself?

Also, I can't help feeling the concept of his pack is quite similar to canine packs (wolves, dogs, pricolicis): hunting, territorial, etc. What are the main differences that make them unique (except their main weakness)?

Mmmm, will think more. Generally, I really love the concept, he looks SUPPA CUTE! Ghouls would be having hard time trying to hug and cuddle him biggrin

Hope that helps a bit!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:06 pm
Yes that does help, thank you <3

To clear up some of some of your questions: Yes, I do think it will make his relationships with females a bit difficult, but I also think it could be a lot of fun! I stated that it would by no means be a permanent thing, as I do believe that over time he would get more and more used to it. Where he comes from, seeing anybody in humanoid form is rare, since the Tingers themselves prefer to be in natural form, and visitors are not common, especially given their territorial habits. To begin with, I imagine it's a bit like sensory overload (or even culture shock to some degree) but he will have to find ways to adjust, and quite quickly~

He is not at all sociophobic, so we can rule that out right away. He likes being around large groups, but it is in his nature to be quite aggressive, and he enjoys scrapping so if his behavior somehow ends up getting him into a fight, he is fine with this, and only too happy to commit himself to it. (I will edit his info to be more clear, since I can see where I made some inconsistencies. Thank you!) I would not at all call him passive aggressive, since he is more then willing to tell somebody exactly what he thinks of them, to their face, without sugarcoating it or alluding to it in any way. He will tell it straight up.

I think that, yes, he would eventually like to prove that despite his size, he is just as capable as any other member of his pack. He just has to find where his strengths lay (I am going to edit his reason for enrolling in Amityville to reflect that as well because I wasn't really happy with the initial reason I put XD)

I will have to think more about the pack thing, as I pretty much just went with what little info I've managed to gather so far~

ty for the crit! I will work on the things you touched on as suggested~ <3

Santime

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:57 pm
adjusted temperament a little, going to work on wording in the other area's and change a couple of other things tomorrow~

Edit: Worked out a few little kinks elsewhere in his personality as well. I think I'm good with how it is but am still open to crits!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:04 am
In a grumpy, awkward way, I can imagine him getting along quite well with Jove. XD

Anyway, I love how open you've left him to character development. He has a very believable balance of positives and negatives, and I also am very interested to see how he interacts with females of an enemy sort, like hunters. I might recommend some sparring RP with Sammy at some point to help with this. XD

Perhaps for the pack thing, a good place to start would be looking at the social structures of rabbits, and small herbivores? It might give you another aspect to consider, how the purpose of 'packs' differs between them and carnivores, and reconciling the two might give you that uniqueness you're looking for? =3  

Grey Dragon
Crew

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:54 am
Grey Dragon

Ahhhh thank you! And the suggestion for establishing pack structure is quite helpful as well <3 I'll look up the necessary info and get to work on that!  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:08 pm
Seussi
Mathias has been approved for RP! You can notify your artist to begin his art. In the meantime, you can create his journal and begin to RP~

*enrollment thing goes here*  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:13 pm
Seussi
The gnome on duty was quite disgruntled at having to train a new gnome and spent the next several moments having to explain why "the horny one" wasn't a proper nickname for one of the upcoming students.

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games