Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:26 am
Ideas for a theme for a guild only contest?
I'm kinda leaning towards going with punk rock fashion, but I'm willing hear some input for what people here want. Someone may have a more interesting idea.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:13 am
You can steal one of my themes that I've got backlisted since I don't know when I'm ever going to get around to them stressed

Color splash
Genderbent
Alternate Universe
Victoria's Secret emotion_awesome
Bunnies
Table Rage

... I -think- that was all of them. Then of course there's also the Ryzan hugs that I never did finish up.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:11 pm
Good and Evil... like angel snake lady and demon cake lady, or Vassnta and Tauschung, or good Miro and bad Miro and stuffses like that 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:23 am
I have an idea I was developing just for myself, but it might be fun to do a series of art since it relates to one of my long time interests and more is always better. Even better it doesn't require much effort from anyone I select. That burden pretty much all falls on me to come up with the designs.

I think I've settled on "Alternate Universe" as the theme and I've got just the one in mind, but I need to do some research to see just how much data is out there on the subject. I just don't want any single design I come up to become repetitive after a while.

It's all hush hush beyond that though as far as the details go since I'm not completely satisfied it's a brilliant idea and I don't want anyone looking forward to something that might drastically change.

I've become increasingly obsessed with Falafels since I first saw them a couple days ago. Yes I'm using a code word.
cat_3nodding  

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:30 pm
Not to spoil things for you in the unlikely circumstance that we had a highly similar thought process {which doesn't seem is the case}, but there were two possible ways I was contemplating implementing that theme for my own thread.

The first was leaving it up to the applicants as to what their character looked like in some unspecified alternate universe out there somewhere. Pretty much having them figure out for themselves what a different version of their own character would look like.

The second way was that they'd give me a basic idea of what their character is usually like and I would take that and figure out a way to twist it into something they might be in an alternate universe/dimension. For instance, drawing Tes/Ry/Draa as humans instead of dark elves, Icy as a succubus, Kai as a manly man... stuff like that. Thought of genderbending too, but that was going to be its own separate theme.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:00 am
I was going to wait until I had Kaori done to get a feel for how I can implement the concept into a finished product, buuuut...

This will be a challenge to make my idea coherent... I've been wanting to shift the focus of my art into more fantasy based illustrations and to help me along with that I got the idea to use the Final Fantasy Tactics based job codes and put a pre existing OC in a chosen job.
This came from the idea that I thought it would be awesome to render Kaori as a White Mage while keeping her basic color scheme and design elements intact. To get deeper into FF lore, I was thinking about applying the race attributes of the Lalafell to Kaori (which wouldn't really change her design much) or go with the bunny theme and make her into a type of Viera.
I want Kaori as well as other chosen OCs to be keep their identity even with a costume change and that'll be my challenge.
The idea is still very new and not quite ready to be implemented. I want to de some digging and see just how extensive the Job positions are in the games, but from what I remember there are many many branches to and unique Jobs out there. I want to give people as many options available as I can.
And I'm aware my obsessions don't exactly have a broad audience all the time and I don't want to invest a lot of time and energy setting something up that nobody even wants to be a part of.

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

-Explosion-Array-

Feral Warlord

9,950 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:11 am
YES! FFT for the win. God, I need to create some OCs./RP characters. -_-; I totally want to hit that s**t.

How about
People as food items or pets?

...I still like the high fantasy(FF-style, love the Tactics art style), and the AU theme in particular.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:20 am
I think I'll tie this into one of my long dormant forum games I never introduced to this guild. "Everyone who dies gets remedial lessons."  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
The ART Dept

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items