Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Keep us in prayer please

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prayers
  THANK YOU
View Results

SunshineDaisyGirl

Blessed Guildswoman

7,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:57 pm
There has been so much going on lately. Here's some background: We bought my car 2 years ago and other than oil changes and changing the front brakes about 6 months ago, we haven't done any work on it. It's been a GREAT car! So the other week, I had a blow out and when the taxes came in, I went to Tires Plus to get some new tires. I knew I would be spending about 600 between that, the alignment and the oil change, little did I know that there were so many other things that needed addressed like the battery that exploded when they hooked it up to test it. And the MASSIVE oil leak that we now know about. So after I drop it off on Saturday, I'll be having put almost 1800 into maintaning it and fixing the oil leaks! It's not been dripping on my driveway or anything, so it was not a fun thing to find out! But since the dip stick was dry when they changed the oil the other day, I knew something was up.

Then to top it off, my husband works in steel deckign construction and his harness got caught, snapped him back and slammed him into a steel beam. It was so bad they thought his back was broken. They rushed him to the hospital. He didn't have a broken back, but is out of work for a couple of days due to the injury. He's on pain pills and muscle relaxers. Please keep him in prayer for the pain to go away so he can go back to work.

As for me, the stress of all that's going on along with prayer for educational mercies as I embark on attaining my Real Estate License would be amazing!

Thank you so much in advance.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:44 pm
I shall do this.  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:55 am
Both of you have my prayers.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:30 am
I hope he feels better soon, and I hope the issues with your car don't repeat themselves! I'll keep you guys in my prayers. smile  

Recite

Mega Noob

SunshineDaisyGirl

Blessed Guildswoman

7,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:04 am
thank you everyone. I took it in to get the final repairs done today. I was going to wait til tomorrow but decided it would be easier if I was without the car on a day when the kids are in school.

so all in all, I've spent about 1900 on the car this week, but it's gotten everything it could possibly need for a while. 4 new tires, tune up, new battery, 2 oil changes, new oil pan set, oil pan gaskets, etc. so with all that done, it shouldn't need anything else for a long time!

my husband says his back is still sore but not as bad as it was on Wednesday when it happened. will keep you posted on how he's doing as it develops.

the garage should be calling in about an hour or so to have me come down and pick up the car. so I will be a HAPPY CAMPER when I get it back home again!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:14 pm
Great!  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:28 pm
I am praying, i hope everything turns out for the best, keep faith.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:54 pm
I prayed. God will take care of you ^_^  

CheyenneServant

Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas