Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:25 am

I need help.

I've been dating my boyfriend for nearly a year now, he makes me happy and
treats me rather well. He's quite the romantic, but as my 18th birthday approaches,
I can't help but want someone with a car, someone to take me out partying and
some to just have a good time with.

Yes I love snuggling and he's so great to chill with, but that's what I want when I'm
older, not at this point of my life. Shouldn't I be out having fun, exploring life? I
don't want to be one of those people who are stuck in a relationship from High
School and never got to be free and live life.

Anyway, what I really wanted to speak about was your opinion of love and more
importantly right now, your opinion of my love situation. I definitely love him, but
maybe not the way I should? I still think of other guys and always seem to dream
of other guys and not to mention the fact that I'm always considering other guys.

So if this is the case, surely he's not the one for me? Surely the one for me is the
one that makes me forget other guys even exist?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:30 pm
        I've been exactly where you are, except, I chose to stay because I am happy and I feel complete with him, plus I don't need any of those things you mentioned.
        I was told by members of my family that I am young and I should be going out, having fun, exploring and enjoying myself. But, speaking for myself, I am not that kind of girl. I find fun in reading a novel or having coffee with my best friend every morning.

However in your situation, if you are having enough of a hard time deciding that you had to ask us, I believe you already know what you want to do, but there is still a small part of you that doesn’t want to throw away something so good.

What used to go through my head was "why hadn't I met him later in life when I was ready to settle down?" and then I realised, everything happens for a reason and nothing ever goes to plan. I took my happy relationship as a blessing and I am glad that I did because I couldn't imagine being with anyone else.

But enough about me, you are different and you are seeing it through different eyes. It is normal to be in a relationship and still think about other people, but if you think it is something you will regret later in life, I suggest you should talk to him about it to sort out your confusion and to see if he feels the same way.

I hope this helps you, I really do and I would be happy to give you more of my side of the story.

Clasela
Crew

Kumiko Fujiwa

Fluffy Lovergirl

13,225 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:51 pm
gaia_angelleft In the end as you fade into the night... Who will tell the story of your life...And who will remember your last goodbye gaia_angelright

User ImageUser Image

gaia_nitemareleft It's like what Clasela said, but maybe he's thinking of the same thing. But wit girls. See, I would sit him down and talk to him. I would tell him, "Hey. I want to live my life and party." Something like that. Maybe he will agree with you and wants to party and be himself. Maybe he could take you out some where fun or something. Or maybe you could have girls night out and he could have guys night out. gaia_nitemareright

User ImageUser Image

gaia_angelleft Cause it's the end...And I'm not afraid...I'm not afraid to die gaia_angelright

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:06 pm
Well, if you feel like you need to leave and explore, then you should do that. You don't want to end up getting married to him and feeling unfulfilled your whole life. So, just go out and do what's to be done and then see where to go from there. I personally am not of an exploring nature, so I wouldn't go for that, but if I was, that's what I would do.
I wish you the best of luck, m'dear. emotion_bigheart

Ittarius

Noble Traveler

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:24 am

For those interested, I managed to end things with the boyfriend. I'm very lucky
'cause we agreed to stay close friends. I haven't had time to properly deal with it
yet... I haven't cried, deleted pictures, changed my facebook relationship status
or thought about memories.

Therefore, don't be surprised if you all hear from me in a few days when I'm
absolutely broken and confused again.
emotion_0A0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:46 pm
o0Roxy0o

You did what you felt was best for you and your future.
        It will be hard, yes, but I believe you will feel more free to live your life.
        And that is nothing to get upset over. But you are allowed to get upset, it's still a break-up after all.
        You still have him as a friend and everything has worked out well for you.
        And who knows, maybe someday when you are done having fun, you might get back together...
        I'm a hopeless romantic, I know! sweatdrop But I do believe, if it is meant to be, it's meant to be.
        Good luck having fun as a single girl! <3 And if you need a shoulder to cry on, we're all here for you!

Clasela
Crew

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces