User Image
Profiles | OoC

Whiskey in Pink

Gracious Lunatic

Whiskey in Pink

Gracious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:39 am
The races of Faerie are dying.

Thanks to the advancement of human technology and greed, their beloved lands have been intruded upon. Surplus in human iron and steel are disrupting the flow of magic underneath the earth on which they feed, their source of immortal life. Their ability to reproduce has become strained as their lives dwindle down into human years.There is only one choice left if their kind is to survive.

A human conceived of magic will be born into magic. For centuries the Fae have embraced mortal bodies in the hopes of producing halfling children. Usually the humans chosen are young and in their prime, making it easier for them to produce more than one halfling child. The process, one might not think, is a tricky one, for once the child is born it is near impossible to know if they carry Fae blood within them.
Unless the magic within a halfling child is awoken, that child shall remain a human, oblivious to their Faerie lineage. However, once the magic is disturbed within them, they will begin the process of becoming a full-fledged Fae.

Even now the flow of magic has become weaker, the traces of it becoming even harder to spot. Defects have started to show within children born of mixed blood. Many don't last beyond the age of seven. The Fae now have no other choice but to hunt down the remaining humans that already carry traces of their kind in their blood, in hopes of rekindling a generation of Fae stronger than the last.

Some humans have agreed to help the Fae, a rare kind who can see the Fae without the help of magic. These humans are known as Seers. Long ago, the Courts would have blinded or killed any human who could see them while holding no trace of Faerie blood. Now they have become allies.
Their deal is a fair one: if the Seers help the Faerie clans return to their former glory, they will spare the lives of them and their predecessors when the time comes for war. If the Fae win, they will grant the Seers immortal life.

In order to keep their end of the bargain, the Seer clan's leaders have banded together to create a facility where halflings and Fae court members can mingle. The facility has been disguised as a boarding school located on the coast of Scotland, where it can be influenced by the pure magic of Avalon, the realm of Fae. By the influence of Avalon, the halflings have begun to awaken.

❧About The Academy❧

The academy is known by its students as Avalona, named, of course, after the realm it connects to. Avalona is located on a remote island off the coast of Scotland, known by the locals as Persephone Isle. The Isle itself is nothing more than a rumor for those who live on the coast, thanks to a glamour of invisibility given by the Fae who live at Avalona.

As both Persephone Isle and Avalona are directly connected to the Faerie realm, many magical folk tend to traffic in and out of both places, using the isle as a bridge between the two planes. This was done in knowing it would be easier to stir the blood within the halflings brought to the academy. The condensed magical energy that flows between the worlds causes the process of awakening to quicken, to have the change occur within months rather than years. This also makes it easier for the Fae to spirit away the halflings without suspicion. Where before they would have had to steal the halflings when they were children, they can now use the clever ruse of a boarding school to trick the mortal parents into giving up their children without suspicion.

With this said, a halfling will not notice changes within themselves until the first three or four months at Avalona, though they may indeed feel the magic coursing through the island or start to see past the glamour of certain objects.

Oh, and thanks to the glamour that shields Persephone Isle, there's little to no hope of the halflings escaping if they find something amiss. That is, until it's too late...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:40 am
❧ Extended Information on Halflings ❧

Bloodline and the Inheritance of Powers

Basically, a halfling is born fully human, but the genetic code for the fae attributes exists within them. When that part of them is agitated by magic (usually by being in the vicinity of full-blooded fae or the pure magic of Avalona itself) they will literally mutate into a full-blooded fae. The human part of them is "detoxed" from their system, and over time it will leave them completely. In reality, the term "halfling" is pretty inaccurate, because there is no way for a human to become half-fae indefinitely. The term halfling is meant only for the transition stage from human to fae. Depending on how weak the bloodline is depends on how long the change actually takes place. A human with one human parent and one fae parent will take less time to fully transform than a human with an ancient fae ancestor.

As for their powers, that is their birthright. The strength of their magic depends entirely on their species of fae. The biggest challenge for the halfings is not how much or how little power they have, but how to control that power.

Whiskey in Pink

Gracious Lunatic

Whiskey in Pink

Gracious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:43 am
❧ Extended Information on Seers ❧

Clans

There are five main Seer clans that interact on a political level with the Fae. The order of the houses, from most influential to the least, is as follows: The Lilthe house, the Rickon house, the Baron house, the Giure house, and the Farthorn house. The Rickon house and Lilthe house are very close to one another and intermarry often. The leader of the Rickon house, Jethro Rickon, is the headmaster at Avalona, while the leader of the Lilthe house works as an intercessor for the school grounds and Avalon.
The Baron house is the third most powerful house, but they do not want much to do with Avalona or its plans to convert the halflings. They detest the Faes and do not trust them, but on orders for a truce some of their kin stay on the school grounds to survey progress and report back to their leader. If they could have their way, however, they would push all the Fae and their halfling kin back into Avalon where they belong.

The Giure and Farthorn houses are both newly formed houses, popping up around the same time a mere few centuries ago. The Guire are very much like the Lilthe and Rickon families, their thirst for immortality driving them to help the Faes as much as they possibly can. Mostly they do what they can to serve the two highest clans in hopes of learning more from them and gaining their trust to enter into the inner circle of politics.
The Farthorn clan is supportive of Avalon for one reason: peace. The final house is, by far, the gentlest of the Seer clans. All they wish for is unity, and unlike their more powerful counterparts, do not care for immortality. Though some of their clan do fear war, the majority of them hope for nothing more than peace between the races.

Lineage

Only the seers from these five clans attend Avalona, though there are many more clans out there. Every Seer belongs to a clan, unless, for some reason, a family had decided to cut ties with their clan to hide amongst normal society. These individuals are rare and far between, because to be a seer without the protection of a clan crest is the same as committing suicide.
Because of their powers to see the Fae for what they truly are thanks to the nullification of their glamour, the Fae do what they can to hunt unconnected Seers down. For them, Seers are a dangerous existence, because not only can they expose their race to the world, Seers are as educated about them as they are. If they wished, they could take advantage and overpower them, especially with the rise in human steel and iron.

In folklore it was said that is a Fae ever discovered a human to be a Seer, they would either blind and mute them, kill them, or kidnap them and make them their squall. Since the rise of the three Main Clans, however, most of the violence towards Seers ceased. With the truce and the formation of the other two main houses, Seers began to work together with the Fae in order to achieve the means to their own ends.
All Seers know about the Fae and many are very well educated on the different types and their different customs. They can speak their language with ease, and many are now diplomats for the human race. But as the halfings are collected and war looms on the horizon, how will their relationship change?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:46 am
❧ Rules ❧

READ EVERYTHING. I know it looks like a lot, but if you don't read up and understand the footnotes then you'll end up writing your profiles wrong and I'm going to have to scream.

❧This is to be a Literate to Adv. Literate role-play, meaning I expect you to post at least 8-10 decent sentences per post. The usual rules of no auto-hits or god-modding apply, and if I catch you doing either I will first warn you, then ban you on the second offense. If you can plead your case, I will think it over and (maybe) grant you some mercy. I do not want any plain posts, this means that you must include a picture of your character with your post as well as any extra trimmings you wish to add. (pretty text, icons, etc.)

❧I want this to be a fun, friendly environment, welcome to lit and adv. lit players of all ages. I will not tolerate any crazy sexual posts or remarks. If you're uncertain whether what you want to post is appropriate or not, feel free to private message me on it beforehand. This rule also applies to any gory or violent scenes. As for cursing and the like, I'd rather you not throw the harsher ones around all willy-nilly. (These would include words like the 'F-bomb', 'the C word', and other such things you wouldn't want your sickly grandmother to hear you say.) You're allowed a couple if you really feel the need to add them, but again, I'd rather you not.

❧If you plan on leaving for an extended period of time, please inform me and the people you are interacting with before hand so we can know to wait for you (if it is within a reasonable amount of time). If you do not inform at least me on this and decide not to post for a certain amount of days (let's say four to five consecutive days) then we will move on without you. If you continue in such a pattern, I will send you a warning about letting your character fade into the background of the role-play. It will be up to you to read the posts you have missed. Also, I highly recommend you read every post rather than just ones concerning your character, just in case there is something you miss, like the introduction of a new character.

Here is the list of Faerie creatures you can be, or chose to become in the case of a halfling. After choosing what you would like to be, send me your profile labeled as what creature you are or will become. If choosing to be a Seer, you may send me your profile labeled merely as "seer". Feel free to be any other type of fae that is not listed, but please, no vampires.

Whiskey in Pink

Gracious Lunatic

Whiskey in Pink

Gracious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:47 am
S k e l e t o n

[imgleft]( Image goes here.)[/imgleft]
[align=center][size=18][color=color]★[/color]▐░ Y O U R [color=color]★[/color] C H A R A C T E R [color=color]★[/color] N A M E ░▌[color=color]★[/color][/size]
[size=10](Nicknames)[/size]

[size=13]┃[color=color]┃[/color]┃[b]the T R U S T goes [/b][color=color]• ● •[/color][/size]
[size=10] ( Male or Female?) [/size]

[size=13]┃[color=color]┃[/color]┃ [b]the C L O C K goes [/b][color=color]• ● •[/color][/size]

[size=10]( Age 15-19 )[/size]

[size=13]┃[color=Color2]┃[/color]┃[b]the N A T U R E goes [/b][color=Color3]• ● •[/color][/size]

[size=10](Personality)[/size]

[size=13]┃[color=Color2]┃[/color]┃ [b]the S W I N G goes [/b][color=Color3]• ● •[/color][/size]
[size=10](Sexuality)[/size]

[size=13]┃[color=Color2]┃[/color][b]the L O O K goes [/b][color=Color3]• ● •[/color][/size]
[size=10]( What you are in terms of fae, halfling, or seer. You must state what type of fae/ halfing you are )[/size]

[size=13]┃[color=Color2]┃[/color]┃[b]the S T O R Y goes [/b][color=Color3]• ● •[/color][/size]
[size=10]( History )[/size]

[size=13]┃[color=Color2]┃[/color]┃[b]the S E C R E T goes [/b][color=Color3]• ● •[/color][/size]
[size=10]( Any other special information, likes, dislikes etc? )[/size]

[size=13]┃[color=Color2]┃[/color]┃[b]Presented By [/b][color=Color3]• ● •[/color][/size]
[size=10]( Username )[/size]
[/align]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:48 am
❧ Student Council Postitions❧

The Student Council was created in order to help the Halflings through their changes, as well as monitor them and the baseline of hysteria within the school itself. Usually only Seers and full-fledged,experienced Fae are allowed to join the Council, and usually with the two main Seer Houses at the top. This year is an exception to this rule since Sera Rickon has given up her role as president. Because of that, her spot has been taken by a representative of the Lilthe House, and his position of Vice President is open to any willing Fae or Seer.

President |in charge, calls meetings to order
xxxx --Ren Lilthe

Vice President |fills in for the president when he's not there
xxxx --Gwenyth Everdeen

Secretary | looks after the meeting logs, exc.
xxxx -- Sera Rickon

Treasurer | money issues
xxxx --

Historian | records events, videos, pictures,etc throughout the year
xxxx --  

Whiskey in Pink

Gracious Lunatic

Whiskey in Pink

Gracious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:56 pm
❧ Reserved ❧

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:05 am
more information added, please have a look!

Whiskey in Pink

Gracious Lunatic

Whiskey in Pink

Gracious Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:57 am
bump  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:19 pm
only a few more to begin

Whiskey in Pink

Gracious Lunatic

Whiskey in Pink

Gracious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:55 am
bump  
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:17 pm
hoorayprocrastination
bump

Where the 3 dots go in the form - is that where I put the data requested? @_@ I read everything but it's a bit unclear.

Edit: sweatdrop nevermind, I figured it out properly now.  

Mors Morza

Hallowed Foe

11,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items