Submit

Is this a passably okay idea?
Yes
46%
 46%  [ 13 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 12 ]
I have my own thoughts on this (Post them)
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 28

kaliskanny

Toxic Grunny

15,200 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:18 pm
Kamiki
I think people are worried that these would carve out opportunities for traditional customs, which area already scarce and in high demand.

But, personally, I do like the idea. It's kind of like the design contests they've done in some other events, but a bit more open.

Also when CC is involved, a lot of people worry that other people will find a way to abuse it.

I like the idea too.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:12 pm
Avoidance of abuse is exactly why 'limit of one won per person' was in my OP smile Since I know that was a worry brought up in the CC Customs suggestion.  

Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:52 pm
" 'limit of one won per person' " is only somewhat helpful. I don't think staff would actually favor anyone - but when only two or three are chosen out of hundreds of entries - and the people chosen are thought to be friends of colorists - it leads to hard feelings. There would be accusations and resentments and . . . even if nothing is done wrong - people will accuse. In a situation where some people are better acquainted with colorists and thus knows what that person enjoys coloring . . . it get sticky - because the colorist genuinely chose what they wanted to color - but those people had an edge.

I'd personally like to see more custom opportunities in general. I'd like to see more flaffles. I'd like to see more breedings. But all that comes when the colorists aren't stressed and over worked and having their real lives reaching out and squeezing their hearts.

So we enjoy what we have, we support those who work so hard to bring us such beautiful art, and we hope for a better time. Personally, I think this idea is interesting, but I think it would ultimately cause more headaches for the colorists and staff. And I'd rather they had fewer headaches.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:12 am
What if there was a rule for the staff that they can't pick friends? Technically, the same COULD be said about some of the staff-run contests - People who know the hosting staff the best could tailor their entries to what that staff member is most likely to pick.  

Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:22 am
Andranis
What if there was a rule for the staff that they can't pick friends? Technically, the same COULD be said about some of the staff-run contests - People who know the hosting staff the best could tailor their entries to what that staff member is most likely to pick.

The issue with that, is it gets really tricky to count who is a "friend" and who isn't. After all, many of the colorists have been part of the shop/community for years, and speak to lots of people. How to separate who is a "friend" versus who is "someone I talk to occasionally." You could also potentially insult someone who thought they were a friend, but you're virtually telling them they aren't if you pick them lol

I think it would be best to limit it to one per person - and maybe semi-CC but not pure CC. For example, someone from the non-colorist staff could pick out, say..... 25-30 concepts that best fit the theme, and colorists roll from that list.

Or give the colorists a "minimum" pool of a CC list they roll from. For example, they must have at least 15 concepts on their CC list and roll from there

/cents

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:24 am
That might work better xd

I think it's also worth pointing out, I DID mention this wasn't a PERFECT idea heart I'm fully aware it DOES need some work, how much is really unknown xd ; But I'm loving that it's going over relatively well as an idea heart  

Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:25 am
There is no such thing as a perfect idea... its just a matter of tweaking it down wink  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:31 am
It would definitely be more doable with a rule like that in place. I don't know that it's something that would happen still, but I'd be more interested in supporting it with that rule. It probably wouldn't cut out all the complaining, but it should nix most of it.  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:21 am
Reviving this - The shop event going on now seems a perfect example of what I meant by this suggestion smile Specifically pure Kalona-only customs ~  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff