Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
Would you marry or date someone that earn less than you ? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:19 pm
Some people say woman are gold-diggers (not every one )...

I was wondering, since this guild is all girls,

tell me if you like or love someone, would the salary be important ?

If the salary is important, what is the salary range that you prefer ?

One of my friend says if she isn't with her love of her life (current boyfriend) she would marry a rich man (which means she doesn't care that she doesn't love him).

I asked her how rich.... She said he must live in luxury....

I mean that's quite high as a salary range.

What if you can't find your ideal boyfriend/husband with that salary range ?
Would you really marry without love?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:35 pm
        I choose love over luxury. My partner has been out of work for a few months and I have been supporting him through and through.
        It's hard, we've had to cut back a lot on little delicacies, but it's made me realise that we don't need much in life to be happy.
        I could never marry someone for money, the idea itself makes me sick because to me, love is happiness and money cannot buy that.

Clasela
Crew

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:39 pm
well, i have no interest in having a partner, but some males are gold diggers as well -.-l|l
makes me wanna slap them
on the off chance that i'd marry, it'd be more practical than anything else  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:21 pm
I personally don't really even want to get married. I don't know if I would marry a guy that I wasn't positive was my soul-mate even if he was super-rich and totally adored me. I would settle for no less than "true love", because marriage isn't high enough on my priority list to compromise.  

Ittarius

Noble Traveler

hoenest

Darling

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:40 pm
to me, it would not matter at all; just as long as he makes me happy, and i make him happy--and together we are happy-- then i would marry him.

love is important to me, ever since i was little. so, yeah love over money c:  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:16 pm
Salary isn't important to me but work ethic is. It's one thing if you're in a relationship and your partner falls on hard times. It can happen to anyone, and you stick by them. I've been taken advantage of before by a lazy bugger who just didn't want to work and blamed his unemployment on everyone but himself. I now think twice about dating anyone who can't hold down a job.
As for marriage, it's not something I think about. If I truly cared about the other person and we were surviving then it wouldn't be a problem. Being brought up lower middle class, I can go without a lot of luxury without complaint.

Mother Molly

Destitute Faun

34,240 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Budding Witch 250

Pia Austin

Dedicated Consumer

8,550 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:34 pm
Would like a nice salary, or at least a steady income for my partner that way I don't have to worry about the sensation of munching. With a girl or dude this would be important to me  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:51 am
mSlMD
Salary isn't important to me but work ethic is. It's one thing if you're in a relationship and your partner falls on hard times. It can happen to anyone, and you stick by them. I've been taken advantage of before by a lazy bugger who just didn't want to work and blamed his unemployment on everyone but himself. I now think twice about dating anyone who can't hold down a job.
As for marriage, it's not something I think about. If I truly cared about the other person and we were surviving then it wouldn't be a problem. Being brought up lower middle class, I can go without a lot of luxury without complaint.
I was thinking the same way. It was just hard for me to understand my friend's opinion... She would marry without love and love him only for his money....
I appreciate her honesty but... emotion_puke  

Miss_XxAriaxX

icecream-dreams

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:48 pm
LOve over money definitely. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:29 pm
I am going to law school (partially) for this very reason! I want the freedom to be able to support myself and another person so that I can be free to marry whomever I love, without needing to consider their salary. That being said, I like hardworking, driven and motivated people like myself so whomever I end up with will not be a dead-weight couch potato.  

MizuiroSky

Dapper Gaian

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:40 pm
Since I plan on being fairly independent before I get married (so in case anything happens I'll still be able to support myself) I wouldn't mind if the man didn't make as much as I did, or anything at all. However, if he wasn't working (whether by choice or by not being able to find a job) I would want him to be doing something, whether it was helping around the house, following his dreams, or finding other things to do for money.

I don't like the idea of relying on someone else in general, so marrying for money scares me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:33 am
Ittarius
I personally don't really even want to get married. I don't know if I would marry a guy that I wasn't positive was my soul-mate even if he was super-rich and totally adored me. I would settle for no less than "true love", because marriage isn't high enough on my priority list to compromise.

Agree with this, marriage isn't high on my priority list. BUT if it was, ya I'd totally marry someone who made a lower salary than me smile . As long as they have a passion and don't lay around the house all day, I don't care how much they make. I'll be a doctor so I know I can support the both of us.

He needs to have a passion (could be something that makes little money, teacher/art/pro bono lawyer/researcher) as long as he has a passion and isn't lazy.  

Seasick Katie

-Summer Cherries-

Questionable Browser

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:24 am
Whether my partner earns more or less than me is irrelevant. His economic stability on the other hand, does matter. Love is undoubtedly a major factor - no point in getting married otherwise - but it's naive to think one's marriage can subsist on that alone. We will have to have some serious conversations regarding our respective careers, income and capacity to maintain a certain quality of life before something as binding as marriage can be brought to the table. Financial distress/disagreement is a huge player in the break up of many married couples.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:46 pm
I don't care what my boyfriend earns, but him and I both would like me to be a stay at home mom in the future, so he needs to make 50k until we hit our 3rd child, then we'd need 60k to live comfortably. We're both business majors so it is realistic, but I'd be happy even if we lived in a shoe lol. I just want my little online business and to sit at home and he is totally okay with that.  

SilentFantasies

Invisible Entrepreneur

6,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150

FredesvindaTiburcio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:53 am
Yes.  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items