Submit

Pia Austin

Dedicated Consumer

8,550 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:38 pm
I'm pro-birth control yet not pro-abortion in all cases women want to have an abortion.

However, I'm tired of the back and forth in the debate and wish one day Roe v. Wade gets eroded into non-existence. And I'm really tired of people saying its just a fetus even after the baby is born.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:17 am
Just my opinion but I myself feel if a woman doesn't want a child she shouldn't have to endure the downsides of pregnancy for 9 months and sign that child she never wanted up for adoption.

Being born into a religion I used to feel abortion should only be done if the mother's health is in danger. But having chosen to leave it I can honestly say I made a total 180 and feel if a woman doesn't want a baby she shouldn't even have to carry it in her belly longer than the time it took her to find out she's pregnant.

Just stating my opinion and am not trying to start an argument.

EDIT: Ok it is possible my own feelings towards having a bunch of little me's around the place color that. I do not want to conceive children at all. As a kid (prior to being medicated) I would be so oblivious to anything other than what I was doing I wouldn't even notice my parents at all in the event of misbehaving or doing something my parents didn't like until they got upset and punished me, and I wouldn't even realize why I was being punished. I just thought they were being mean.

I do not want to be in their shoes which is likely what would happen if I had kids of my own, so I want to either adopt or be a stepparent. As such, if I didn't get the reproductive ability destoying vasectomy or sexual reassignment surgery prior to meeting a woman I would probably want my wife or girlfriend to have an abortion rather than even one of us (but probably both of us) go through what my parents went through.  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100

Pia Austin

Dedicated Consumer

8,550 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:59 am
Bao Sanniang
Just my opinion but I myself feel if a woman doesn't want a child she shouldn't have to endure the downsides of pregnancy for 9 months and sign that child she never wanted up for adoption.

Being born into a religion I used to feel abortion should only be done if the mother's health is in danger. But having chosen to leave it I can honestly say I made a total 180 and feel if a woman doesn't want a baby she shouldn't even have to carry it in her belly longer than the time it took her to find out she's pregnant.

EDIT: Ok it is possible my own feelings towards having a bunch of little me's around the place color that. I do not want to conceive children at all. As a kid (prior to being medicated) I would be so oblivious to anything other than what I was doing I wouldn't even notice my parents at all in the event of misbehaving or doing something my parents didn't like until they got upset and punished me, and I wouldn't even realize why I was being punished. I just thought they were being mean.

I do not want to be in their shoes which is likely what would happen if I had kids of my own, so I want to either adopt or be a stepparent. As such, if I didn't get the reproductive ability destoying vasectomy or sexual reassignment surgery prior to meeting a woman I would probably want my wife or girlfriend to have an abortion rather than even one of us (but probably both of us) go through what my parents went through.

Well that's you then. I ain't going for it. I think abortion is wrong in most cases and its sad that you would want your parents to abort you.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:03 am
Pia Austin
Bao Sanniang

Well that's you then. I ain't going for it. I think abortion is wrong in most cases and its sad that you would want your parents to abort you.
Oh trust me, I turned out fairly well and am happy I was not aborted. I just dread the possibility of having mini-me's, and would not have the patience for kids who are as unattentive to a world outside their own as I was.

Also I do not recall stating I wish I had been aborted.  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:10 am
Bao Sanniang
Just my opinion but I myself feel if a woman doesn't want a child she shouldn't....
.. have sex without protection. Seriously. Not that ******** hard to -not- get pregnant in the first place. Been married a little over 5 years now and not even a pregnancy scare because we use contraceptives. -Very- simple concept. If a woman is that vehemently against having children to the point that she would abort if it happened, use contraceptives. NOT THAT ******** HARD!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:17 am
ThisEmptySoul
Bao Sanniang
Just my opinion but I myself feel if a woman doesn't want a child she shouldn't....
.. have sex without protection. Seriously. Not that ******** hard to -not- get pregnant in the first place. Been married a little over 5 years now and not even a pregnancy scare because we use contraceptives. -Very- simple concept. If a woman is that vehemently against having children to the point that she would abort if it happened, use contraceptives. NOT THAT ******** HARD!
True, though accidents can still happen I hear.

But... very little interest in sex due to my undesired gender.
Protected sex apparently does not feel as good from what I heard though.

Not that I would want a woman who couldn't respect my desire not to reproduce. I would not even visit a sperm bank prior to doing something that destroyed my reproductive ability.

But even with precautions taken, accidents can happen. And in the event of an accident I would prefer the child was either aborted or signed up for adoption... and I actually have little to no desire to be on either the man's or woman's end of a pregnancy. I studied what pregnancy puts people through, and knowing that just made me want to be a biological parent even less.  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:29 am
It doesn't feel as good, but it still feels good enough. Better that than killing an unborn child. There's also a whole plethora of other contraceptives out there other than condoms, like birth control pills or shots. Double up on those and the chance of "accidents" is greatly reduced. Some women don't want to take birth control because it messes with hormones, but it also benefits some women -because- it messes with hormones. In my case, condoms have been sufficient enough on their own.

Most cases of unwanted pregnancy aren't so much because of birth control/contraceptive failure as much as it is user failure.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:42 am
Also, in the event of an obvious "accident" such as a busted condom or a lapse of judgement, there's a little something called an "emergency contraceptive", such as the morning after pill and Plan B, where it can be caught at that questionable stage where you're not even sure if the egg has been fertilized or if it would have successfully implanted itself in the uterus.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:53 am
ThisEmptySoul
Also, in the event of an obvious "accident" such as a busted condom or a lapse of judgement, there's a little something called an "emergency contraceptive", such as the morning after pill and Plan B, where it can be caught at that questionable stage where you're not even sure if the egg has been fertilized or if it would have successfully implanted itself in the uterus.
True.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:14 pm
Yeah which is why I'm pro-birth control, b/c a woman should have control with her reproduction cycle. But once a child is produced, no matter how small it is, it shouldn't be slain due to fear of inability to provide for him or her.

I feel iffy about the morning after pill but I could live with it if it means abortions are severely restricted  

Pia Austin

Dedicated Consumer

8,550 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Pia Austin

Dedicated Consumer

8,550 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:24 pm
Also what on earth is wrong with the mods on this site sometimes b/c I guess I reported too much and out of nowhere came a citation for off site trading. Like isn't that a tad fishy  
The GAIA Complaints Dept

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games