Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
What is the official label for this sexuality?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tiedyedtrash

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:30 pm
Quote:
I'm 15, by the way, and "bisexual" or any word so far doesn't seem to fit. I know this sounds odd, but absolutely no words describe it well enough for me to name it, so here it is, more or less:

Emotional Attraction to: All genders
Sexual Attraction to: All genders, not as important, while attractions (if they appear) can be strong
Willingness to have sex: None. The attraction's there but it means nothing. I've only felt like I could once.
Amount of time sex is thought of: Rarely ever
Comfortableness with nudity: None
Chance of being emotionally attached: High

I would describe it as the attraction is there but the desire isn't.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:37 pm
Labels can help us to describe our sexual orientation more easily and concisely, but not everyone finds that they fit under any one specific term.

From what you've described, perhaps you may identify with pansexual? Or possibly as panromantic, meaning that you'd be interested in a romantic relationship but not a sexual one.

You get to choose how you identify yourself, though. Labels are defined by us, and not the other way around. smile  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Keakealani

Intellectual Elocutionist

12,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:44 pm
I mean, you're always welcome to label yourself however you want (or not label yourself at all)... but some options, maybe:

bi/panromantic demisexual
bi/panromantic grey-A
bi/pansexual with low sex drive

?

Just thinking out loud mostly. Whatever you feel comfortable with, go with that.

And you know, there's nothing wrong with just being generically queer, either!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:22 pm
I'd say possibly panromantic asexual considering the lack of interest towards the sex act itself. But if there is a chance, albeit a very small chance, perhaps panromantic demisexual?

It's really up to you.  

Sea Thrift

Hygienic Browser

Raeiko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:07 pm
my gf is like that too  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:38 am
sylasnstorm
Quote:
I'm 15, by the way, and "bisexual" or any word so far doesn't seem to fit. I know this sounds odd, but absolutely no words describe it well enough for me to name it, so here it is, more or less:

Emotional Attraction to: All genders
Sexual Attraction to: All genders, not as important, while attractions (if they appear) can be strong
Willingness to have sex: None. The attraction's there but it means nothing. I've only felt like I could once.
Amount of time sex is thought of: Rarely ever
Comfortableness with nudity: None
Chance of being emotionally attached: High

I would describe it as the attraction is there but the desire isn't.

As someone mentioned before, Pansexual with romantic tendencies. Nothing is wrong with you buddy, I'm pan-romantic too with a tendency towards bisexuality  

Pia Austin

Dedicated Consumer

8,550 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Crimson Hawthorne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:07 pm
Seems to be elements of asexuality, but also bi- or pan-romance. Don't let anyone else define you with labels, choose one yourself. :p
Don't be afraid even if it's an odd one. If it fits, use it. For an example of an "odd" one, the label I use for myself: Bi-romantic heterosexual.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games