Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Music Room Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trickblues

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 6:12 am
User Image
User Image
Outside for the first time in a long time
You said you can't remember what it's like
To feel more than cold on the inside
But the sunrise will come again and you'll be just fine
You'll be just fine

User Image

Halfblood | Second Year Slytherin | Thirteen Years Old
Apprentice Blacksmith | Art Club Frequenter | Creature Appreciation Club
Late May 2059 Music Room With: Tàm
Wearing: Will edit this in later Status: Forced Study Breaks

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

Tàm may have dragged him along for a music break, but this wasn't exactly how Áedán expected it to go. He though a few of their friends would show up, and Tàm would play with them while Áedán simply enjoyed their company and continued his studies. But for now, it was just the two of them and Áedán had no idea if someone would walk in on them. His best friend seemed to think he wouldn't find it as fun as when they were with Master Aonghus, but he shook his head. "It's not that..."

Fact of the matter was that stoic as Áedán was known to be, he was still shy, and the Ghobhainns were the only two people he felt like he could really relax around beyond his idiot brother. He would have been more comfortable with the idea if he wasn't half-expecting someone to walk in on them—the possibility seeming much more likely when he glimpsed Aurais's parrot Astyth swooping in and perching by the piano. Aurais wouldn't be far behind.

Still, if it would make Tàm happy, he could humor him... Just for a little while.

Áedán settled into his seat as the other boy began to play a familiar melody, slumping down until his head rested against the back of the chair. The music went on for a while until Áedán recognized when to start and he sang, tapping his foot to the beat, unable to help the smile that came from such an upbeat tune.

"Gather up the pots and old tin can
And the mash, and the corn, the barley, and the bran
And then run like the devil from the excise man
Keep the smoke from rising, Barney
Now keep your eyes well peeled today
The tall, tall men, they're on their way
They're searching for the mountain tea,
In the hills of Connemara... ♪"

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

I sit and watch now with new eyes for the green side
Lose myself sink into your sunlight
Breath in the breeze like a sweet sigh
Keep me tongue-tied
If this lasts forever, I'll be just fine
Oh, I'll be just fine

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:23 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Music Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? No One
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Playing the Piano
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This song is so lovely

Ella had heard about the music room, of course, but she'd never been brave enough to actually go inside. It was always, always busy. Thankfully, no one had noticed her sneaking around near the room. After leaving the library with a borrowed book of sheet music, the brunette figured she could go there while everyone else was at dinner. If she did that, the room would be empty... in theory. Clutching the book tight against her chest, the small girl darted through the halls, careful to avoid being noticed. Naturally, Ella worried if she was spotted, she'd somehow get in trouble, even if it was just someone telling her she had to eat.

Once she made it to the music room, brown eyes looked all around, sighing when she found the room to be empty. She closed the door, hoping no one would notice her missing for a bit. With silent steps, the girl walked over to the beautiful grand piano. It was amazing! She hadn't played since she was still hidden away at the Antonov house. Taking a seat on the bench, Ella gently tapped the keys, wondering if it was charmed to alarm someone if she didn't have permission. When it seemed the coast was clear, Ella drew in a breath.

With eyes closed, and on memory, she began to play Chopin's Nocturne in E minor. It was one her mother had played at bedtime, and the first piece Ella taught herself when she'd researched how to play. And now, it was something of a comfort for her. Perhaps she'd eventually feel brave enough to share the piece with her new family...

{{Wearing "" Space Cozy}}
          Graydon Ironshield

Aɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ɢʀᴏᴡɴ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜɪs ɴᴏᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙʟᴀᴍᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇᴍ sᴏ sᴛʀᴏɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛɪʟʟ ғᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ
          As ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ sʜɪɴᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʜɪs ʟᴀᴢʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴇʟʟ
          I ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, sᴛɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇss ʜɪᴍ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ ᴄʀᴜsʜᴇᴅ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs?
          Oʜ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴᴛ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ
          Hᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sᴏ ᴄᴏʟᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʜɪs ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ
          Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴇɪɴs ᴀs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʀʀʏ ʜɪs ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴs ᴛʜɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ. Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:13 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawSixth YearSixteen Years OldSingleRavenclaw PrefectQuidditch CaptainArt & Culinary Club Captain

Linsey suspected something was up when Ella didn’t turn up for dinner. The three of the kids agreed they would share at least one meal together as a family a day, and depending on the night it was either in the Great Hall with the rest of the student body, or up at the Student Kitchen. The latter was partly because it was less raucous than it was downstairs with so many people present, and easier on Ella’s nerves, partly because Linsey was teaching her how to cook, so they could split those duties, and partly so the Sixth Year could keep her promise to Mom that she’d keep an eye on Ella and made sure she was eating enough.

When Finn arrived without Ella, Linsey figured it was wise to go find her. As they went along through the castle, Finn asked, “So, where d’ya we should start the search, Linz?” Linsey sighed, and she said thoughtfully, “Library; she’s always reading something. With any luck at all, she just lost track of time.” Finn nodded along, and then suggested, “Maybe we need Blannat for this expedition?” Linsey chuckled along, bemused with the thought, and said, with a bit of a jest, “Oh, yes, Ella’s running a bit late. Quickly, now, release the hounds. Blannat’s having his dinner, and we’ll be back soon enough. I’m sure nothing untoward has taken place.”

Arriving at the library, the two students were able to quickly ascertain Ella was nowhere to be found, though Linsey did spot a couple of students snogging in the back of the stacks, and discreetly left them unaware of her presence, taking care her cousin didn’t catch sight of them. There was also no sign of her books being there, telling the two of them that if she had been there, she packed whatever she’d brought and taken it with her.

The cousins started prowling the halls, working their way along the possible routes from the library towards the Student Kitchens, and possible detours. “So now where, Linz?” asked Finn. “The castle’s an awfully large place to search for somebody who can vanish like Els does.” Linsey sighed, “She probably got turned around. I’ll summon Blannat, if’n we get lost, all right.” Finn chuckled, and he said, “All right.”

By the time they were wandering along the Third Floor corridor, Linsey was about ready to cast a Location Charm Aunt Lynn taught her, when she caught the strains of a piano playing wafting gently down the hall from the direction of the Music Room, like a stream flowing through a meadow. Curiosity drew the Sixth Year to investigate its source, and she slid her slim frame through the partially open door, moving as silently as she could on tiptoes. She silently beckoned for Finn to follow and be equally quiet about it.

Finn followed his cousin into the room, and he immediately saw Ella seated at the school’s grand piano, and it was she who was playing the music they heard in the hallway. From where he stood, he couldn’t see Ella was playing with her eyes shut, and the music tugged at his heart as it always did. Glancing over, he saw Linsey leaning up against the wall, relaxed with her eyes shut and arms folded across her chest, simply listening and appreciating. Again, she gestured with a couple fingers for him to say nothing and be still.

Only when Ella was finished, did the two of them applaud softly, and Linsey had a soft smile for her younger sister to see.

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  "All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way

I lie awake for hours, I'm just waiting for the sun
                  When the journey we are making has begun
                  Don't deny the feeling that is stealing through your heart
                  Every happy ending needs to have a start

All my life I never really knew me till today
                  Now I know why, I'm just another step along the way "

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:01 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Linsey and Finn
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Oh no...

Ella let her thoughts drift away on the wings of song. It brought up some very hazy memories of her mom, though Ella couldn't quite remember her face. Memories of the two rolling out cookies... but they morphed into Mother Hannah and Linsey doing the same... it was comforting. She remembered the many times her older sister had taught her things, gentle hands guiding her. Of course, there had been so, so many times where it was so much worse. Where learning and doing were a constant trial by fire. Where failure meant instant punishment... versus at the Grey home. The first several times Ella had made a mistake... had instantly recoiled in terror... only to be comforted and offered another chance?

Ella sighed softly, knowing her notes were coming to an end. Once the final one had been played, a soft echo hung in the air... followed by applause. A sharp squeak left the brunette, who fell backwards off the piano bench in terror. She'd been caught. She was going to get punished. She probably didn't have permission to be here! Her heart was racing, but after a second, brown eyes noticed the person was Linsey. The smaller girl carefully stood up, hair falling in front of her face. With a shaky breath, Ella stepped out from behind the piano. Oh, Finn was here too. Had she missed their meal? "I-I'm.... I... so sorry... I-I didn't know I.. I couldn't..." her words struggled through silent sobs, the small girl wiping her eyes on her sweater sleeves before nervously looking over at the others. Even if it was Linsey, Ella was so sure she was going to get in trouble. All for a piano...

{{Wearing :: Space Cozy}}
          Graydon Ironshield

As ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ sʜɪɴᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ʜɪs ʟᴀᴢʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴘᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜᴇʟʟ
          I ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, sᴛɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ɪᴍᴘʀᴇss ʜɪᴍ ʙᴜᴛ ʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ. Iᴛ ᴡᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:59 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawSixth YearSixteen Years OldSingleRavenclaw PrefectQuidditch CaptainArt & Culinary Club Captain

Linsey winced visibly when Ella fell off the back of the piano bench, and she realized her little sister was startled to find out she had an audience. She went across the room as Ella picked herself up off the floor, and she could tell her sister was upset. As Ella tried to put together an apology, Linsey gently brushed the long brown hair away from the girl’s face, and, more importantly, the windows to her soul. It upset Linsey to hear the pain in Ella’s voice, and to see the tears in her eyes.

Without a hint of rancor, Linsey offered Ella a gentle smile and regarded her with soulful eyes, and said in a soft tone, “Sorry for what, Taibhse Bheag? Relax, you’re not in trouble with anyone, least of all us, and certainly not me. When you didn’t show up for dinner, we got concerned, and came looking for you, and that’s the whole of it. You’ve done nothing wrong.” Linsey reached out and clasped Ella’s hands in hers and gave them a gentle squeeze. “It’s okay, it’s all good.”

Finn standing off to one side, and he saw the sheet music on the stand above the keys of the piano. While he couldn’t sight-read music as well as others in the family, even he could see the Chopin piece was not the easiest to play. “That was so pretty, Els,” he said, as he skimmed the notes on the pages. “Have you been playing for long?”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:09 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Did they actually like it?

Ella felt her heart racing, still a little worried about getting in trouble. Linsey pulled the messy brown hair from Ella's eyes, looking at her with that soft smile she always seemed to look at the younger with. Ella's gaze dropped as Linsey questioned what she was sorry for. The Hufflepuff shuffled a bit, still worried about everything, even with the reassurance that she was fine. When it was mentioned that they'd come looking after she missed dinner, the smallest of the family offered a nod. As she was about to speak, Linsey captured her hands. "I just... I didn't even know if it was.. o-okay to play this piano."

With her hands held in comfort, brown eyes looked over at the red-headed boy. He complimented her playing, then asked how long it'd been. "Um, well... I guess I've been playing since I was five or so. Any time my... um... family was out. But the one I was playing I've got memorized." She nodded a bit, wondering if he really had enjoyed it. They clapped, but Ella had been clapped at before. Once with Father Markus got home early and saw her playing... he'd punished her so harshly after that. He'd slammed her fingers in the key lid, then forced her to clean the whole house alone before they healed her fingers once more. But Ella didn't dare tell her sister that fact, since Linsey already got too mad about the Antonovs.

"I-if you find a song you like, I-I can probably play it for you." The brunette offered over to her cousin, hoping to ease any little tensions their conversation had spurned up.

Graydon Ironshield

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:13 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish

Why wouldn’t it be okay to play this pian?” Linsey asked of her little sister gently. “Its like I’ve said to you before: you have as much right to be here as anyone else in this school, and this piano is here specifically for you, and anyone else who wishes to, to play. The Music Room is here because there was a time when music was taught here, and when the class ended the room was forgotten, at least until students rediscovered it was here. So, the room, and the instruments, are here for those who wish to explore their talents. I like coming up here, usually when there’s other folk present, to hang out, to listen and appreciate the talents of others, and, on occasion, I do feel the desire to sing.”

That was so pretty, Els, it really was,” said Finn, and he added, “Next time we go home, I’ll have to show you the piano we have in the recording studio. Its not a grand piano, but when the Hares are all together and we’re having fun, its grand enough. I’m sure Mom and Da would let you play it, if we ask them.” When Ella suggested he find a song for her to play, Finn smiled, and he said with a good-natured laugh, “That’s not how its done, Els. You shared a song with us, well now its our turn to share a song with you. Hmmm, hang on, this looks promising….”

Among the other items in the room, he spotted a violin case, which he popped open. Inside was a finely polished violin nestled in a bed of velvet, along with its bow. “Aye, yer a beauty. Let’s see how ye sing…,” he said, speaking softly to the violin. After a quick check to see if it was tuned, Finn tucked the violin under his chin, and he started to play a traditional air ‘Inisheer’.

Linsey stood with Ella, holding her hands, her eyes closed and she was swaying to and fro along as the song carried upon the cool air. It was a song she’d loved since she was a small child, and it always gave her a measure of peace. When Finn was done, he waited a moment, before saying, “An’ now it be yer turn, Linz. How aboot ‘Carrickfergus?” Linsey nodded, and she took a moment to prepare, and she started singing ‘Carrickfergus’. There were several versions of the song, and she sang the more wistful of them. Linsey had a soft smile when she finished her turn.

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:00 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? A little family show?

Ella frowned when Linsey asked why it wouldn't be okay to play the piano. She noted her previous words, saying that Ella had as much right to be here as anyone else. The piano was for anyone to play, and that the room used to belong to one of the music classes. Brown eyes glanced down gaze dropped to look at the floor and away from Linsey's rather maternal sort of gaze. "I... I thought maybe I had to be in the music club to be here..." she said softly. A lie... though a softer one. Of course, she knew this was the room the club met in, but she'd never dared to try and join. If anyone knew she could play... well, she worried the words would somehow circle around to those that didn't think her worthy of the notes.

When Finn spoke up, Ella looked over at him, a flush over her cheeks as he restated that the song had been pretty. He also said they had a piano at home... in a recording studio? The brunette shook her head a bit, eyes wide at the thought. What if someone accidentally recorded her? She'd get in so much trouble! Finn mentioned the piano belonging to someone else and immediately Ella felt like she would just avoid the whole room, to be safe. After asking Finn to pick a song for her to play, she was alarmed when the redhead began to laugh. Had she done something wrong? He said that since she'd shared a song (well, more like they'd walked in in the midst of her playing...) they should share a song with her.

"You don't have to..."

Her words seemed to fall on deaf ears as Finn located a violin. As he started to play, Ella stepped a bit closer to Linsey. While she was sure Linsey and Finn wouldn't get in trouble (who would dare?!) She didn't want to be noticed having played on the grand piano. Linsey swayed to the song Finn played, so Ella awkwardly swayed as well, though she didn't know the song nearly as well as the two Irish kids seemed. Then again, she'd only lived in Ireland a couple months... so it made sense. After Fin's song finished, brown eyes looked over at him. He told Linsey it was now her turn, causing the brunette to sharply turn to look up at her sister. She wanted to tell Linsey as well that she didn't have to do anything, but Finn had already picked a song for the older girl. Was this just something the family did?

Ella watched Linsey, eyes practically sparkling as she looked up in a bit of awe. Her fingers curled around the other's hands, wanting to make sure this wasn't some sort of strange dream. When the song finished up, Ella glanced over at Finn, then over toward the piano. She very carefully pulled her small hands away from Linsey's, then walked on silent feet back to the piano. She looked over at Linsey once more to make sure this really was allowed, then the brunette sat on the bench. Drawing in a breath, her fingers began to dance over the keys, playing Pachelbel's Canon in D. Her eyes fell closed as memory took over, the girl remembering learning the song by listening to the familiar tune over and over. After she'd finished, she exhaled softly, then looked back toward the other two in hopes they liked the song. Maybe she'd try to learn some Irish tunes...

Graydon Ironshield

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:38 am
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish

Linsey and Finn listened to Ella play Pachibel’s ‘Canon in D Minor’, and Linsey found herself wishing it could play the rest of the night, as beautiful as it was. She was imagining her little sister playing this song inside some grand house, with noone else to hear it, a bit of light and happiness in defiance of cruel step-parents who’d sought to crush her soul. Linsey applauded Ella as the last chords echoes along the halls of the castle. “That was so beautiful, Taibhse Bheag. I’m glad we came up here and heard you play.”

Finn gave Ella a thoughtful smile and as he set the violin aside, he spotted the old acoustic guitar on a stand not so far from where he’d found the violin. “Aye, totally aces, Els, an’ don’cha fret none; between the two o’ us, we get back home, you can play our piano all ye like. So, whatya be thinkin’, Linz? It’s our turn now.” As Linsey gave it a bit of thought, Finn was plucking the strings experimentally. The redhaired First Year was getting into the mood of things now. All of a sudden, what started as a search for Ella had become one of those impromptu jam sessions the more musically inclined members of the family would have.

Linsey was thinking along similar lines as well, reminded anew of those wonderful, magical evenings when the household would be filled with music, when even those who couldn’t play a note themselves would start singing the old songs carried along down the years and generations. She hoped someday Ella might be comfortable enough to play and sing on one of those nights. “How about ‘Siuil, a Run’? I haven’t sung that in a while, and then it be yer turn, I think.”

With Finn playing guitar, Linsey sang’Siuil, a Run’, which told of a young woman’s longing for her beloved, who was off to war. As one song ended, Finn immediately continued, and he started playing ‘Deireadth Fomhair’, an old Scottish piece, while Linsey gestured, cast a discreet spell, so her whistling could fill in as an accompanying Irish flute. Finn grinned when he realized what his cousin was doing, an when he struck the last chord, he commented, “Oh, Linz, that was a nice touch. All right, Els, it’s yer turn.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:06 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Singing?

Ella blushed a bit when Linsey said the song was beautiful. She even said she was glad they'd come up to hear her play, but the brunette knew that had been a fluke. Finn grinned over, earning a little grin in return. He even agreed that her music had been "totally aces", then said she'd be able to play their piano at home... but only if the other two seemingly fought for that privilege. Well... that meant that it was normally forbidden.... Ella didn't want them to have to struggle to get her access to play the piano. That was far from what she wanted, and the brunette figured she'd just only play at school... or maybe not. Maybe she'd learn some charms so no one could hear her play. After all, she'd been so lucky to only be discovered by family.

Finn and Linsey considered their song, before choosing one that Ella knew. The brunette listened happily, giving a few happy claps at the end. Linsey had a lovely voice and Finn seemed to know lots of instruments, and they made a lovely pair. After that, Finn claimed it his turn, even if they had just paired together. Somehow as he strummed the song, the sound of a flute twirled through the air as well, with the brunette looking around to try to find its source. It was altogether wonderful and Ella found herself drifting on the wings of song. Though she was a little confused when Finn said it was her turn once more.

"Oh, okay. Alright... um. H-here's one I... I wrote...."

She tried to hide her words, voice fading even softer than normal. Carnelian eyes focused downward onto the keys. If she didn't acknowledge that others were in the room, maybe she could get over the fear gripping her heart. She drew in a shaky breath, then started to play the song she'd called She Used to Be Mine. This time her voice rose up, volume surprisingly loud for the normally quiet girl. The words danced over, her voice hitting the notes she'd practiced so many times in secret. No one had heard her before, and honestly, Ella was terrified of anyone ever hearing her again. Eyes closed, the girl put her whole heart into the song. Once it was over, the girl shrank down a bit, hands now shaking. What... what if they hated it? If that was the case, well. Ella wouldn't ever sing again, she figured.

Graydon Ironshield

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:00 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish

Standing close to Ella, Linsey caught the last bit that she said, about having written the song she was about to perform, and she paid rapt attention as her little sister started to play…and sing. Until today, she didn’t know Ella could play an instrument, let alone sing, and she had a wonderful soprano voice. Again, she stood still, with eyes closed, as her sister performed her song, however, as the song progressed, Linsey opened her eyes. She saw that Ella was playing by feel alone, and saw she was pouring her heart and soul into her performance.

As the performance went on, Finn went over and listened to Ella sing and play, and he too could see the effort his cousin was putting in, and wondered if this were the first time she performed this for anyone. In truth, he suspected, from the little he knew of his smaller cousin and her previous life, the answer was likely ‘no’, and with that knew this was something quite extraordinary. When Ella finished, both of the cousins saw that Ella’s hands were shaking, and she seemed somehow diminished, as though simply performing had taken everything she had in her.

Linsey hugged Ella, laying her head atop Ella’s as she did, while Finn sat down on the bench to get in from one side. “Oh, Taibhse Bheag, that was magnificent. I wish we could have recorded that, so we could hear it again. That was wonderful.” Finn added, “That was brilliant, Els, absolutely brilliant. Don’t know what it took out of you to do it, but it was worth every bit of it. We have to do this again, and soon, so we can hear you sing again.”

The Sixth Year drew a deep calming breath, and snuffled a bit as tears rolled unchecked down her face, as she could only guess the level of courage it must have taken for Ella to perform the song she wrote, even if just for her and Finn. She kissed Ella on the top of her head, and, after taking a moment to compose herself, she said, “Okay, after that, I’d say one more go around, an’ that’s it, as I’m not askin’ another round out of our newly discovered muse. I’ve picked my song, so pick yers, Finn.”

Linsey stood up straighter, and she began to sing ‘How Can I Keep From Singing’, which was something she’d sung in church on occasion, and it seemed only appropriate after what Ella just sang. When she was finished, She could see Finn just grinning, as he knew what he wanted to do as a finale.

He leaned in and whispered to his cousin, before handing her a broomstick he’s spotted in a corner. Linsey nodded, and she said, “When you’re ready, Finn.” The First Year picked up the guitar, slipped it over his shoulder, readied himself to play, and he said, with a laugh, “I’m a Causeway Hare, Linz. I am ready.”

She gestured with a finger, touched his guitar, before gesturing once more and pointing toward his throat, and cast one more spell after that. The buzzing drone of a press button accordion was soon heard, and Finn started singing ‘Oro Se do Bheatha Bhaile’. His voice was projecting louder, as he sang in Gaelic, the acoustic guitar now sounded as though it were electric. As the song progressed, Linsey began to pound out a rhythm with the butt end of the broomstick, striking the floor, while whistling to provide an accompanying Irish flute.

When Finn was done, sweat was pouring down his face, and he couldn’t help grinning and laughing. Yeah, he was having fun tonight.

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:04 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sharing Music
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? That's so loud!

Ella worried her music may not have been well wanted, but just about the second it was over, she found herself wrapped in a hug from Linsey. The taller girl rest her head against messy brown hair as the smaller girl donned a grin. Brown eyes glanced over as Finn sat on the bench beside her, joining in the hug. Oh dear. This was so much physical contact. Linsey said the song was great, but she wished she had recorded it to hear again. "No!" she squeaked, before adding. "It's not ready to be recorded...." Finn noted that it had taken something out of her, but that it had been worth it.

Briefly, the brunette wondered if he was intentional in his words. Wanting her to suffer for whatever entertainment value he perceived... but this wasn't Romania. Wasn't the Antonov family. So instead, she sent over a nervous grin, hoping it worked well enough. "I.. ah... may know a couple other songs." But now it seemed she'd need to spend any free time practicing so she wouldn't disappoint her family. After all, it seemed they were only impressed by finding out about her skill.

Ella glanced up at Linsey again, noticing tears in those twinkly blue eyes. The Hufflepuff was startled when Linsey kissed the top of her head, eyes wide in surprise. The silver-blonde said they'd go another round, but that they weren't asking anything of their "newly discovered muse". Surely that meant her, right? Linsey sang a song that sounded vaguely familiar to the brunette, and she wondered a moment if she could practice the music that should accompany the words. Again, the shortest of the family quietly clapped her hands at the finish of the song, trying to show her gratitude at their sharing as they'd done for hers.

Finn set up again after whispering over toward Linsey. Ella glanced between the two, wondering what they were planning. Thankfully, it didn't seem to be something involving her. She was wondering if they'd ask her to play, but instead the eldest of the group was handed a broom...? Ella tilted her head, trying to figure out the plan. Linsey was casting a few wandless spells, but none the second year knew. Linsey asked if Finn was ready, and Finn related himself to a 'Causeway Hare' (which Ella was sure she'd heard somewhere before...), before he began to play. There were lots of sounds now dancing around, causing brown eyes to go wide in shock. Oh man, it was getting louder in here! What if someone heard?!

She didn't want to dissuade her new cousin, but the sound was loud and chaotic. Ella used her small hands to cover her ears a bit, dampening some of the sound. She kept a small smile on her lips until they were done and the sound faded out. Once she was sure the audio was over, her hands moved back down and she offered a few claps there as well. "Those were both nice. Thank you." Hopefully Finn (who looked overly worked out) hadn't noticed her covering her ears, because she didn't want to be the reason he was worried to sing loudly again. And maybe eventually loud noises wouldn't scare her half to death... or not. This had been a fun while, even if it hadn't gone at all how she'd expected.

Graydon Ironshield
          #5B92E5

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash