Submit

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:07 am
I do not run, or work for, or actively watch Lifetime.

But all the featured movies I saw on it were about how men were evil and/or rapists and/or abusers and/or wife-beaters.

So when people make jokes about Lifetime's programming hinting in that direction, I laugh in a "THAT'S SO TRUE! They DO show a lot of stuff that makes men as a whole look bad." way.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:44 am
That's not completely true. After all, they've also got plenty of "overworked housewife cheats on her husband" movies too, where the man of her dreams swoops in to save her from her dull family life. In which case, it's the husband who's the bad guy and random hunk is the savior.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:11 am
ThisEmptySoul
That's not completely true. After all, they've also got plenty of "overworked housewife cheats on her husband" movies too, where the man of her dreams swoops in to save her from her dull family life. In which case, it's the husband who's the bad guy and random hunk is the savior.
That is better how?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:49 pm
Never said it was "better", just simply that men aren't always the villains. Women into those kinds of programs tend to be highly dependent on men {feeling that only having the "perfect man" can bring happiness into their lives} despite how much they hate them. In some cases, the hate is really just bitterness at their own inability to get and maintain a happy, successful relationship as it's much easier to point the blame at men than do any sort of constructive introspect.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

0okami-hime

Fashionable Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:29 pm
Very true. Lifetime takes the victimised womans side.

And I cant think of what channel it is but they have shows about women who are the abuser/murderers.

Either way I dont watch those channels. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:05 am
My mom used to watch Lifetime. X_X;

So annoying... stare

She also had a lot of extramarital affairs and was looking for the "perfect" man to brighten our future. -_-;

Ya figured that you'd get enough drama from RL, y'know. XD  

-Explosion-Array-

Feral Warlord

9,950 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Pink Fregia

15,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:42 pm
It seems to have become a trend strong women vs weak men. A woman is good, men are bad. You also see it in movies. The woman is the one carrying the men. idk why. Also this reality tv stuff...wth? My life has enough reality in it, I do not need to watch someone else's.

I personally do not have tv service to watch tv. I will rent movies if something interests me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:20 pm
0okami-hime
Very true. Lifetime takes the victimised womans side.

And I cant think of what channel it is but they have shows about women who are the abuser/murderers.

Either way I dont watch those channels. sweatdrop

Oxygen has the show Snapped, where women (as the title suggests) snap and kill someone. It's not always a man, but it usually is. There's also Deadly Women on ID. I can't lie, I love both of those shows. sweatdrop But I'm big on true crime.

I'm with you on the Lifetime thing though. Maybe that's what their main audience wants? I don't know. Personally I like seeing female villains.  

onnawufei

Anxious Genius

6,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:35 pm
I can't have reality interfering in my life.  
Movies TV Shows Books Comics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games