Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Please Pray

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keena the Grim

Angelic Lunatic

11,875 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:22 pm
I know this may sound weird to some of you, but my family and I have a cat, his name is Houston, and he is a Loving Family Cat. And very picky with people. He does not like people who smoke, do drugs, or do pot. He loves Clean families. He is dying, and if not he will be adopted out. And I really do not want either of those. I want him home with us, and being his old self. If he goes to another family he would die anyways, because it is not us. Please pray for Him...I have been praying for healing for him. But I did not have my prayers answered.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:43 am
Keep faith, and draw close to God. I am praying  

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100

StrongGirlBong-Soon

9,475 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:55 am
I too have two cats and three dogs. They too are family and can sense "bad" people. I will pray for your beloved cat. I know how much it hurts to lose a pet as we had to have one put down last summer and I still miss her very much.
Peace and blessings on you and your family.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:01 am
For what it's worth, I've prayed. Stay strong and hang in there. hope the best for you, your family, and your cat. smile  

Recite

Mega Noob

i r i d e s s i c a n c e

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:43 am
I have prayed as well. It was hard when our family dog was put down 9 years ago. He was a good dog. Had diabetes and was suffering bad, but to know he was put out of his suffering not long after we found out the cause, was the best thing we could do for him. It was either give him insulin shots every day for the rest of his days (he was also 15 already) and he didn't like the shot dad tried for him, or let him pass. It's a hard thing to do. And, you'll miss it, but put yourself in Houston's shoes. What would be the right thing to do?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:31 pm
Thank you everyone for your prayers. Unfortunately Houston had past away. It is better that he did pass away, rather than being put into another family after 11 years. It's like giving up a child. He was Family to us, we had raised him and we loved him. I never cried so hard for a pet before this was so hard for us. We had him since he was a Kitten. A baby, and raised him taught him how to eat cat food and taught him how to use the kitty litter. So yeah it was very hard for us. Even my dad was crying, and my mom. Thank you all so much.  

Keena the Grim

Angelic Lunatic

11,875 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:29 pm
Keena the Grim
Thank you everyone for your prayers. Unfortunately Houston had past away. It is better that he did pass away, rather than being put into another family after 11 years. It's like giving up a child. He was Family to us, we had raised him and we loved him. I never cried so hard for a pet before this was so hard for us. We had him since he was a Kitten. A baby, and raised him taught him how to eat cat food and taught him how to use the kitty litter. So yeah it was very hard for us. Even my dad was crying, and my mom. Thank you all so much.
That was very sad to hear. I've got 4 cats myself, and they are not just pets. They are family members, so I can feel your pain.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:31 pm
I'm glad at least that your cat friend was able to live a full life with you and your family that cared and loved him so much. I had a cat once, but she died young. I'm still thankful for the times I had to share which the Lord gave me and I am thankful too that you were able to share the time with your friend. May the Lord our God help you and family in this transitional period. Remember that He has good plans and future for us and we will be with Him soon. Adios friend.  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500

Keena the Grim

Angelic Lunatic

11,875 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:38 pm
Thank you Servant Reborn, I really appreciate that. Same with you Garland Green.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:15 am
I'll be praying for both you and Mr. Houston. smile  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash