Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:59 pm
I don't normally do this, but I'd like input from the players on the state of this Knight contest. It is officially one year past the originally planned cut-off. For that, I am immensely sorry. Many RL things have occurred to push it back, as well as a few in-game reasons.

We'd like to get this wrapped up, because it is this event now that is holding us back from moving forward with plans for the next 2 elemental breed, Luminaries, the Faeries story-arc and the start of our major conflict. The Knights also need to show up because we are in dire need of an In-Character law enforcement system.

One issue that we have, that I'd like player feedback on, is the powers. Initially, the new power system was going to incorporate Karma and Aika. I personally liked the concepts, but in many, many MANY discussions about it, I couldn't iron out the details enough to make it not confusing, even for staff. And if it's confusing for us, it'd be even more so for players without the insider knowledge (for the purposes). So in the Magic training, we need to ret-con the Aika and Karma bits. I'm open to suggestions for that.

We're going to lax many of the requirements for "winning" due to our own inactions with this contest. We will still have the planned group RP with their first battle and introduction to the meta-plot, and then a "Battle Royale" as the finale as requirements, most of the smaller RP requirements will be waived.

We will be likely be only choosing 3 or 4 squires to become Knights, and adding 2-3 NPC knights that can be given to player control later on. Inactive squires (which did not see any RP) will die, never to be played again. They will automatically fail the final test. Any squire that does not participate in the final battle will also "die" in the first round. Any played squires that die will have options that will be presented at the end of the contest (don't want to spoil the surprise). The point is to show there are real consequences for the Pae's actions.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this contest in particular, I'd like to hear the feedback. Even if it's not pleasant. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:44 pm
Just wanted to note that I've read this and think the contest sounds fine and I look forward to it progressing and don't have any input at the moment.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:03 pm
Inputting that I've read and agree with the above comments <3  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:29 am
Would you guys rather have a finale where there is direct focus on it for a few weeks guiding the squires through the whole way

-or-

An extended finale that could take a couple months, but allows players to advance leisurely as time permits?

The finale is rather large. I've been working on it for a couple months, trying to get the mechanics of it all ironed out. It's similar to the CYOA Vday event last year, except this time, all choices mean something, and none of them are auto-disqualifiers.

Within this finale, we're introducing quite a few new features to the game, and it will open up to other blood pae once the squires have completed their mission, for a second-chance type thing to help fill out the knight numbers. (I want 5-7 of them ultimately, because that is what will work for what we have in mind for their role)

So, TL;DR: Would you rather have a finale where there is a new prompt every day for 3 weeks. Or would you rather have a new prompt once or twice a week, so you can have time to work on responses and won't miss out if you skip a day or two?  

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:46 am
For me personally, it depends on the dates we are looking at.

If it starts this month, I'm taking off for quite a few days at a time and might not be able to get online much, so an extended finale would work better.

Once January is over it wouldn't be a problem for me to log in and make a post once a day.

Brief would be better so the slower pace doesn't cause a loss of interest.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:07 am
Looking at it logically, I wouldn't mind doing the faster paced thing. While I don't have a lot of internet time anymore, there is a lot that's going to be going down soon and while having it last for three weeks would be great for those of us with little or no internet access, it would be nice to make sure you all have a rest between squires/knights and valentines.

That being said, and not taking dates into consideration, I vote fast paced, but allow a chance for make up in the instance that someone can't make the day's events because life gets in the way. Life is just an a** like that.

There aren't that many players with active squires right now anyways, a loss of interest isn't something terribly concerning since it's already happened. >.O

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:17 am
I'd rather have it more drawn out--I'm teaching like 6 classes beginning next week and I know for sure there will be some days when I won't be able to get on Gaia at all. I'd hate to miss a day's prompt because of work!  
:[ Telrunya City ]: ~ Order of the Light Base of Operations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games