Submit

Kithy Kitty

Familiar Browser

5,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:32 pm
Last night my son decided he was going to not sleep at the usual time. Not a big problem but my husband and I were engrossed in our nightly game of Final Fantasy XI and having promised three people we would do something at a certain time (that was a good amount of time after the child's bedtime) we figured we could manage it. Our son wanted to watch Wreck it Ralph and have a little snack so we figured, that's fine as long as he's not running around getting hyper.

At one point he (the kid) was out of the room and about six of us were all in a Skype chat and while my husband didn't say anything really mean about the kid it wasn't particularly a nice complaint about how frustrating it was. One of the members in the chat actually spoke up saying you shouldn't say that about your kid! It wasn't cruel or anything just kinda like "freaking brat" or something. Anyway, this person as I recall isn't all for having kids or anything and her opinion is one I value highly as she's a very sweet person. So I was really embarrassed...

Husband doesn't understand, of course. I've brought up the fact that many of the complains he has over his frustration of how tiring our nearly three year old can be really bothers me and while it's therapeutic to speak it out loud it really doesn't help me, it kinda stresses me out more. Most of our son's bad behavior I can ignore and he generally stops it but my husband is just so, I don't know how to explain it. He gets so easily frustrated over things that really aren't getting mad about. He's definitely not a kid person but well, surprises happen and he is happy that we have our son and loves him to pieces but his patience is so... not there.

Anyway. Any of your husband's ever kind of embarrass you with how they are around or about your kids? I don't wanna feel like I'm the only one or anything D:  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:27 pm
My bf has done that. I have an adopted 8 month old and my own surprise who is 3 months.

We were at the gym and someone we know asked a question (I didn't catch it due to being busy getting the girls strapped in) and he said it was hard to fit sex in with two infants always around. I was "Excuse me?! No one needs to know that!"

He has done it other times but the sex comment was most uncalled for.  

Onigetoe

Beloved Sex Symbol

Digital Fiend

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:02 pm
My husband has patience issues at night when he's tired and exhausted.

While it isn't horrible to vent, if it's stressing YOU out then something needs to change. He either needs to find a really good friend to talk to or find another way to handle his frustration.

33. ✿ - - - Parenting

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games