Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
Dating and giving false hope (solved) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:31 pm
razz I erased the story just in case someone reads it and know who I am talking about.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:39 am
Well from your story he seemed to be going way too fast! Second date and asking you to be his girlfriend? Hmm kinda quick although cute.

I don't think you did much wrong, honestly. You told him you weren't yet his girlfriend. Of course that still gave him hopes. "Yet". It was a probable possibility.

And again he was the one going in a speedy boat saying he loved you in a month's time.
You did the right things you told him what you felt uncomfortable with and told him not to do it! The problem is that he kinda ignored your words. Maybe you should be a bit more strong about what you want.

Now about the hand part you could always remove it if you really didn't want to, if you did not remove it then it ended up giving a message that if he insisted on you you would end up giving up and you guys would be dating and such.

I don't think you gave him too much false hope. You were doing what many girls would do. There was no harm in taking a photo together or stuff like that although it is romantic. But I also think others boys wouldn't go the same path as he did.

I just advise you that next time your friends tell you to go on a date you aren't really interested then don't. Especially since you are a newbie to dating I advice not to unless you like him. I am 19, and recently I as well went on my first date and such. And I deeply regret it. I didn't like the guy but I kept meeting up with him in the end he liked me and kept insisting we dated and met so I had to tell him I wasn't interested. So that is a big mistake to make. Keep on meeting if you don't really want to.

Honestly if in 3 dates you aren't really feeling anything for a guy I advice not to meet up any further. And next time just tell the guy you want to take it slowly. Just meeting and knowing each other. That you don't want to rush into the romantic.

Sorry I am not as knowledgeable in this area as I wish I was so I wish you good luck on your future relationships.  

Natalia Pessoa

Wealthy Giver

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:52 pm
Natalia Pessoa
Well from your story he seemed to be going way too fast! Second date and asking you to be his girlfriend? Hmm kinda quick although cute.

I don't think you did much wrong, honestly. You told him you weren't yet his girlfriend. Of course that still gave him hopes. "Yet". It was a probable possibility.

And again he was the one going in a speedy boat saying he loved you in a month's time.
You did the right things you told him what you felt uncomfortable with and told him not to do it! The problem is that he kinda ignored your words. Maybe you should be a bit more strong about what you want.

Now about the hand part you could always remove it if you really didn't want to, if you did not remove it then it ended up giving a message that if he insisted on you you would end up giving up and you guys would be dating and such.

I don't think you gave him too much false hope. You were doing what many girls would do. There was no harm in taking a photo together or stuff like that although it is romantic. But I also think others boys wouldn't go the same path as he did.

I just advise you that next time your friends tell you to go on a date you aren't really interested then don't. Especially since you are a newbie to dating I advice not to unless you like him. I am 19, and recently I as well went on my first date and such. And I deeply regret it. I didn't like the guy but I kept meeting up with him in the end he liked me and kept insisting we dated and met so I had to tell him I wasn't interested. So that is a big mistake to make. Keep on meeting if you don't really want to.

Honestly if in 3 dates you aren't really feeling anything for a guy I advice not to meet up any further. And next time just tell the guy you want to take it slowly. Just meeting and knowing each other. That you don't want to rush into the romantic.

Sorry I am not as knowledgeable in this area as I wish I was so I wish you good luck on your future relationships.
Thanks you so much for your advice !!!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:55 pm
Natalia Pessoa
Yesterday, I told him that I am not his girlfriend so he should not hold my hand and so he accepted. I also told him that it is the first time that I date so I just couldn't say things right away...

He told me I don't expect you to be my girlfriend.

Then, he asked me out this saturday !

gonk

I couldn't say no... Because I thought , he knows we are just friends..
But my good friend that have experience in dating, she told me that I am giving him false hope !  

Miss_XxAriaxX

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:31 pm
XxAriaxX

to me, those being back-to-back only draws trouble. Shoulda told him no.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:23 pm
XxAriaxX
Natalia Pessoa
Yesterday, I told him that I am not his girlfriend so he should not hold my hand and so he accepted. I also told him that it is the first time that I date so I just couldn't say things right away...

gonk

But my good friend that have experience in dating, she told me that I am giving him false hope !

Oh oh! It doesn't seem like he expects you not to be his girlfriend at all.
Well not exactly false hope but he does seem to still be interested so by accepting you aren't still a dead end to him. Now that you did accept, if you don't have the courage to say no. Go and see how he acts around you. If you see he is still acting with second interests, still being a bit too "clingy", let's say, then you simply just don't go out with him anymore.  

Natalia Pessoa

Wealthy Giver

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:43 pm
Natalia Pessoa
XxAriaxX
Natalia Pessoa

gonk

Well not exactly false hope but he does seem to still be interested so by accepting you aren't still a dead end to him. Now that you did accept, if you don't have the courage to say no. Go and see how he acts around you. If you see he is still acting with second interests, still being a bit too "clingy", let's say, then you simply just don't go out with him anymore.
I finally talk to him I made it clear that I don't want to date and I am not going to the date saturday. He asked if we can be friends. I said yes.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:44 pm
Kitalpha Hart
XxAriaxX

I called him to tell how I feel and rejected the date on saturday. xd but he wants to be my friend. He asked me if he can still talk to me and see each other ... I said yes.  

Miss_XxAriaxX

Natalia Pessoa

Wealthy Giver

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:45 pm
XxAriaxX
Natalia Pessoa
XxAriaxX
Natalia Pessoa

gonk

I finally talk to him I made it clear that I don't want to date and I am not going to the date saturday. He asked if we can be friends. I said yes.

Oh good then!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:52 pm
XxAriaxX
Kitalpha Hart
XxAriaxX

I called him to tell how I feel and rejected the date on saturday. xd but he wants to be my friend. He asked me if he can still talk to me and see each other ... I said yes.
that's fine. so long you make it clear that there can be no romance involved, it should be a clean sketchpad
i have no idea why my way of talking has changed for just this thread .___.  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:23 pm
Kitalpha Hart
XxAriaxX
Kitalpha Hart
XxAriaxX

that's fine. so long you make it clear that there can be no romance involved, it should be a clean sketchpad
He asked me later if I didn't want to date him specifically. I didn't want to hurt him so I say no. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:26 pm
XxAriaxX
Kitalpha Hart
XxAriaxX
Kitalpha Hart
XxAriaxX

He asked me later if I didn't want to date him specifically. I didn't want to hurt him so I say no. gonk
ok, i have no idea what you're trying to say. reword it?  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Natalia Pessoa

Wealthy Giver

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:00 pm
XxAriaxX
Kitalpha Hart
XxAriaxX
Kitalpha Hart
XxAriaxX

Oh Aria. You should try to be more strong. Don't tell white lies because it makes him think you simply don't want any relationships right now but that he could still be a possibility! You are doing it again! You should tell him that you weren't exactly honest with him that when he asked you if you didn't want to date him specifically that the answer was actually yes though you would be fine with having him as a friend. Only as a friend.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:24 am
Natalia Pessoa
XxAriaxX
Kitalpha Hart
XxAriaxX
Kitalpha Hart
XxAriaxX

Oh Aria. You should try to be more strong. Don't tell white lies because it makes him think you simply don't want any relationships right now but that he could still be a possibility! You are doing it again! You should tell him that you weren't exactly honest with him that when he asked you if you didn't want to date him specifically that the answer was actually yes though you would be fine with having him as a friend. Only as a friend.
Thanks Natalia... I HAVE TO TELL THE TRUUUTTTH !! evil  

Miss_XxAriaxX

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:30 am
Kitalpha Hart
XxAriaxX
Kitalpha Hart
XxAriaxX
Kitalpha Hart
XxAriaxX

ok, i have no idea what you're trying to say. reword it?
razz hehe sorry ! English is the 3rd language I've learned. I think I have difficulty with negative question.

If I like apples. And someone ask me Don't you like apples?
I must say Yes ?
If the question is Didn't you like apples ? It is yes too?

gonk Please tell me !

So he asked me if I don't want to date him (like him only) or just no one.
And so I didn't want to hurt him. So, I said I just want to make friends for now, I don't want to date.

So I thought type this would resume the above: He asked me later if I didn't want to date him specifically. I didn't want to hurt him so I say no. gonk  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff