Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
SO these boys in my class...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Clover_like_goodness

Sugary Kitten

15,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:53 am
~ Well one day, I'm in my history class and I'm just minding my own buisness and I glance up because I feel like somebody is watching me and I come to find out that a group of boys are staring at me and (maybe) talking about me. They keep glancing at me and then go back to talking. Some are being serious, but then they all start laughing together.
There was a guy who I did have a crush on in that group and the guys started to fistbump me for no reason what so ever. All I ever did I was say a few words to them. Like for example: Excuse me, I need to get to my folder...
But then a few days later they would come up and fistbump me. My ex-crush started it. The guys just followed. It happened every week. One of the guys would just walk up to me and fistbump me. Whoever I talked to that week. Except for two of them. I didn't talk to either of them.
A few days ago, in my science class, one of the guys was looking for something and I asked him if he needed help with something, because he was moving my papers and stuff (group project with friends) and he said," Nevermind." and walked off. Then a few minutes later, I feel like a rod shaped thing or something touching my butt and it soon got to me and I turn around and the boy fistbumps me. He like comes out of nowhere and fistbumps me. Then I don't feel the thingy that was touching my butt. -.-"
I finally guessed it has something to do with me talking to them. I looked around all throughout the internet, but nothing similar has happened to anybody that I find on the internet.
When I got to History class, the next day, the guys were staring and laughing at me. All of them. They kept on staring at me the whole day. It's finally starting to get on my nerves. Somebody...Anybody...Can you explain what the heck is going on? Please and Thank you :3 ~

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:19 am
they could be making fun of you, that's probably most likely it. or it could be some insider like they wanna have sex with you or something. idk this is really weird.  

AlexBreaux

Noelia Duske

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:30 am
That's the funniest thing I've heard all week! I think that they might be teasing you, but not neccessarily in a cruel way. They're probably just being guys and trying to be your friends. It sounds to me like you've become an interest of theirs. Maybe for a good reason. Perhaps you interest them and they're curious about you. Stay optimistic!! biggrin heart  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:52 pm
AlexBreaux
they could be making fun of you, that's probably most likely it. or it could be some insider like they wanna have sex with you or something. idk this is really weird.

~ I know right? I've never heard of this done before in my life. ~

Clover_like_goodness

Sugary Kitten

15,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

PrinceOfSpica

Sparkly Businesswoman

5,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:49 pm
Things like this were done to me in high school. Honestly It was never a good thing. I would just be confident around them and show them that you're friendly about this but you're to smart to fall into a trap if this is one. ( If that makes any sense at all.)

Maybe it's just because I'm sorta negative but I've got a bad feeling about it. ^^; Sorry.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:52 am
PrinceOfSpica
Things like this were done to me in high school. Honestly It was never a good thing. I would just be confident around them and show them that you're friendly about this but you're to smart to fall into a trap if this is one. ( If that makes any sense at all.)

Maybe it's just because I'm sorta negative but I've got a bad feeling about it. ^^; Sorry.

i have to agree, it may just be me being cynical and not trusting people but i would probably tell them to go away if i was in your shoes  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Purple Robot Queen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:00 am
My immediate reaction is also that it's probably negative. Don't get freaky or overly-defensive about it, but treat the situation with caution.

One thing I would definitely NOT do is take it as any kind of flirty interest. I've never heard of a guy doing this with somebody he was trying to get together with, so don't expect that.

It is of course possible that they're just being weird and trying to mess with you in a playful, friendly way. Possible, but sadly I don't think it's very likely.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:52 am
Shanna66
PrinceOfSpica

i have to agree, it may just be me being cynical and not trusting people but i would probably tell them to go away if i was in your shoes

I'm afraid I agree too sad Sorry, but it does seem as if they're using you the butt for their jokes (no pun intended...) I'd avoid them a bit more, and keep a wary eye out... I wouldn't confront them though, as the very least because they'll just claim it was harmless fun neutral

Good luck...  

I AM R U

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

Guardian Arlen

Steadfast Guardian

17,250 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:13 am
To me, it sounds like harassment. Personally, I would talk to a teacher or school counselor about it. Have you ever asked any of them why they do that to you?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:02 pm
I would spy on THEM and then devise a confrontational statement based on gathered information and embarrass them.

If positive, a simple could you please stop will do. Always good to stick with the basics. But that doesn't sound too likely.

Try to include points like how petty this is, how that reflects on them. Make sure to bring up how hurtful it was to you but how you are still strong. Don't overplay the hurt or they'll finish you off, don't overplay the strong or they'll see you as a challenge to take down. I'd say a hurt:strong ratio range of 35:55 to 42:58, depending on the situation. I had a few people that would say hi or ask for high-fives in that particularly odd way like that and that can be dealt with ignoring it, but do make a special mention of the creepiness involved. Say a portion, or all of it, with a wide smile and a sugary voice. Belittling and patronization are to very important assets. Remember: the point is that they feel immediately and temporarily like sh**, a little longer guilt-wracked, and are left with the permanant knowledge that you are not to be messed with.

If it IS teasing of a sexual matter, there are two routes to take: tell an adult or act all lovey dovey. The former is safer in most respects, but in some situations will lead to more of this crap. The latter is risky but effective; watch out for any 'prissy girls' or 'traditional school-yard' bullies.  

Katana left the site

Angelic Shade

Keakealani

Intellectual Elocutionist

12,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:58 pm
Guardian Arlen
To me, it sounds like harassment. Personally, I would talk to a teacher or school counselor about it. Have you ever asked any of them why they do that to you?
That's my thought, too. And, the fact that there is a lot of fistbumping and laughing leads me to believe this is some sort of cruel prank/teasing business, and that's not cool, even if it doesn't bother you that much. What if they are doing similar things to other classmates who are hurt by it? It's pretty harmless to approach a teacher or other authority figure and let them know what's going on. You can just explain some of the actions and say "It's not a huge deal, but it's a little uncomfortable and I would like to know what is going on." Hopefully your teachers won't be incompetent jerkwads (okay, I don't really have a high opinion of high school teachers unfortunately) and take care of it. But it's not really appropriate to be doing this kind of stuff to you, and I'm pretty sure it is some form of bullying/harassment.

That being said, definitely don't respond, as much as possible. They are definitely doing it to get a rise out of you, so don't give them that satisfaction. Just go about your business and ignore as much as possible. Sad to say, but I am pretty certain it's not positive attention - it rarely is.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:17 pm
Well, I dunno. It seems a little fishy...I, like almost everyone else who has visited this thread, thinks its negative attention. Back off a little, and ask for them to stop. If you don't feel comfortable confronting them now, talk to a counselor before you decide to do it. Well, some counselors are just...not understanding. So I hope you have a good one. ^-^ If they're laughing and looking YOUR way, its probably teasing, if they don't invite you to their conversation and share whats making them laugh. Just putting it out there. I think you should try to stop this before it gets out of hand, it may seem harmless now but it could get worse later. I'm not a negative person at all(I think), as some others are saying it might be because they are a little(or a lot, your choosing) negative. I'm optimistic(maybe too much) and I can still see somethings up. 3nodding

This is a weird situation, I don't remember having experienced anything like that before, maybe because I'm only a little over half done with school...but I hope I helped! sweatdrop

Good luck~! emotion_yatta  

Avocadoswithpantsaresexy

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces