Okay I would just like to say I do believe in Freedom of speech and the freedom of the press, in fact I love both of them and I think they are some of the greatest things ever created. But I know when people protected by these are using them to their advantage to segregate and discriminate another human being who are trying to be true to themselves. I believe there is a point were such freedoms rights are used as a shield for some people who than take away the freedoms and rights of others.

The thing that has made me truly realize this fact is the something one of the LGBT pages on facebook shared that read about something that happen in the UK to a transwoman. Lucy Meadows (birth name Nathan Upton*) was found dead in her apartment from an apparent suicide after she had been outed by a national newspaper, The Daily Mail, because she had been planing to return to school after the winter break as a female and to be known as Miss Meadows. The article written by Richard Littlejohn used the wrong gender pronouns through out the article and even went as far to suggest that Miss Meadows should either be moved to teach in a different school or even to no longer be a teacher at all because of her life choice. This caused a stir in the community of course which seems to have ended in the death of Lucy Meadows, whether her death was the end result of harassment because of the article is unknown but it still stands to reason that Littlejohns article was disrespectful to Lucy Meadows.

So this is what I ask you everyone here is to read the articles and tell me what you think, also if you agree that he went to far and was very disrespectful with that article there is an online petition you can sign to have The Daily Mail and Richard Littlejohn give a formal apology for the pain and stress they have caused Lucy Meadows and her family as well as to have Richard Littlejohn to either be fired or to resign from his post at The Daily Mail.

The petition for an apology and to have Littlejohn removed from his post.

*The only reason I wrote her birth name is because they talk about it and I wouldn't want anyone to get confused.

Below are links, click and read please.

Richard Littlejohns article about Lucy Meadows' choice.

An article on the parents reaction to the school letter announcing the changes expected after winter break including Lucy Meadows' decision.

Article from another newspaper after Lucy Meadows' death.

The Daily Mail's insecure obituary on Lucy Meadows' death that uses the improper gender pronouns here and there through out the article.