Light up the Night (accepting/Open)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sivlerwolf14

Devoted Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:00 pm
This is based off of the world created by the band The Protomen. If you want a real full understanding, check out their songs.
The back story
Many years ago two men built robots to help make the struggles of mankind easier. To help with the labors they endured in the mines and factories. The Good Doctor intended just that, for man and machine to survive side by side. The other man had other plans, he believed the people owed thme both everything for building all these robots. So he hatched a plan, he framed the Good Doctor for a murder, he used his secret robot assassin and the police arrived at the scene only to find the dead woman and the Good Doctor. The second part of this man's plan was to bind the working hand of mankind. Everything was rebuilt for them, made better, the homeless and criminal elements were systematically removed. Factories were automatized, and the mines worked by the robots. Everyone was paid for their servances as the robots replaced them. It seemed like heaven. As years passed children grew up not knowing of the old world, because to the older generations this world seemed so much better, and rumors began to speak of a demon who would make you disappear in your sleep if you had an ill-word to speak against the machines, so they were raised to stay close to their mothers while outside,always smile and never speak ill of the machines. After all, this world was a gift given by the man controlling the machines and he could just as easily take it all away again couldn't he? So the machines kept everyone safe, kept them silent.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:11 pm
A tower with a giant screen stand above all else in the city, able to be seen from almost everywhere in the city. All the news was broadcasted from here, when there was no news the following prases would play "We keep you safe, We are your hope, We have control." Posters of the man who controls the robots are all over various walls in the city with the word obey written. This is normal to you though. It's all you've ever known, but some of you have grown tired of this. Tired of living in this silent fear.

This city's sleeping like a soldier
trapped inside of an iron lung,
Machines can keep you breathing
but what happens when you find a new war's begun?
Flip a switch and turn it off, you won't be able to breathe.
So either way you're a casualty.

I've got this burning like my veins are filled
with nothing but gasoline.
And with a spark,
it's gonna be the biggest fire they've ever seen.
Cut me down or let me run,
either way it's all gonna burn...
The only way that they'll ever learn

We've got to turn it off,

Flip a switch.

Light up the night!

There is a city that this darkness can't hide.
There are the embers of a fire that's gone out,
But I can still feel the heat on my skin
This mess we're in, well you and I,
maybe you and I,
We can still make it right.

Maybe we can bring back the light.

At the heart of the city there is a building that looks down over all there is.
And the man in the tower controls it all without raising a single fist.
It's like they gathered up the city, they sold it to the devil, and now
It's gone to hell and they wonder how.

Well, a friend once told me:
Men, they would follow any man who would turn the wheels.
Now the wheels are spinning out of control; what would they do if we held them still?
If you destroy the working parts, what you'll get is a broken machine.
A beacon of light from a burning screen.

Light it up.
Light up the night.

But I can still feel the heat on my skin.
maybe you and I,
We can light up the night.

But I can still feel the heat on my skin.
maybe you and I,
We can light up the night.

There is a city that this darkness can't hide
There is a fire that will burn through the streets of the city, and we will stand in the light.
We will stand in the light,
you and I.
You and I.

We can bring back the light.♪

I'm breaking out of this city tonight. I'm going to search for the Good Doctor. I'm sending out this message tonight, send a signal back if you can hear me. Don't turn your back on the city.- Mav  

Sivlerwolf14

Devoted Streaker

Sivlerwolf14

Devoted Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:37 pm
Clarifications:
1.)This is set in semi-modern times, but the "resistance" have limited weaponry. Mostly Combat knives and maybe some pistols but they would use them sparringly.
2.) The robots are searching for the "resitance" without telling the public of them either as they want to keep the people feeling safe, keep control, etc.
3.) The robots aren't super advanced, they can be killed by sliting their throats. But they are still robots so it's going to hurt if they hit you, like alot.
4.) You don't have to play a memeber of the resitance you could play an antagonist who sees the man in the tower has given them as a gift and these terrorists could take it away frome everyone. You can also switch "sides"
5.) You have no idea what the sun looks like. As the city towers so high a "shadow blocks out the sun.."
6.) The Good Doctor lives in exile on the outskirts of the city, hardly interacting but does want revenge on the Man in the Tower.
7.) The Man in the Tower rarely leaves, but sees all that his robots do. But he must always maintain order in the city. Never make the people fear the robots can't protect them.

Rules:
1.) Obey Gaia ToS
2.)Be literate
3.) No godmodding
4.)Romance is encouraged but let's not make it the focus, we don't have time to stay in one place for too long
5.)There are different titles to PM depending on the role you wish to play:
The Good Doctor-"The Father of Death"
The Man in the Tower-"The Hounds"
A Resitance Member-"Breaking Out"
A Robot supporter-" "Keep Quiet"
6.) Lets have fun.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:43 pm
Profile Skeleton:

Personal Quote:
Gaia name:
Character name:
Bio sad Keep it short, but you MUST write something)
Personality:
Role:
Equipment sad if any)
Apperance:
Theme song sad optional)  

Sivlerwolf14

Devoted Streaker

Sivlerwolf14

Devoted Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:02 pm
Accepted Profiles:

Personal Quote: "Twenty stories high, I have watched this city burn"
Gaia name: Sivlerwolf14
Character name: Mav
Bio: He grew up in this city, much like everyone else who lives here. He hated the machines, how everyone seemed so afraid of them. He remembers being told to smile, never speak out against the robots. He remembers tales of a One Eyed Demon that would make you disappear if you did. He now knows things must change, that he must do better than the fools of this burning city. It's time to Light up th Night.
Personality: Rebellious, headstrong, passionate, witty.
Role: Resistance.
Equipment:Two combat knives, a knife sharpener, and a pistol with very little ammo for emergencies.
Apperance: User Image
Theme song:Breaking Out

Personal Quote: "What goes up, Must come back down with a bang"
Gaia name: Shabatha
Character name: Atta Simmons
Bio:Atta was an orphan. She was honestly unable to do anything without the robots when she was younger but as she aged, she came to understand the role of which the Man in the Tower played and how she couldn't do anything herself without their approval.
Personality: Very rebellious, and very stubborn. She is sometimes described as uncaring when it comes to anything other than her 'siblings' or to friends.
Role: Resistance
Equipment: She carries around a butchers knife that she stole from the orphanage. Two combat knives and she just ran out of ammo for the pistol...
Theme song: Scream and Shout~ Will.I.Am Ft Britney Spears

Personal Quote: "This world is mine, and now you are mine too."
Gaia name: Shabatha
Character name: Azenal Freeters
Bio: Nothing too personal but I had my best mate arrested by killing a female he was close to. He was exiled and now I sit atop this tower with nothing but my own bright future ahead.
Personality: Rather quiet but he is very stubborn and very... Strict. Everything must go his way.
Role: Man in the Tower
Equipment: He has a gone hidden in his office otherwise, it's just his robots.
Theme song: There is not a song which represents me.

Personal Quote: I protest silently
Gaia name: dream angel 176
Character name: Elizabeth radula
Bio: She never liked the machines and started protesting at a young age not singing the anthem at school, avoiding the robots, her parents eventually disowned her not wanting a '' problem child''
Personality: she may seem tough but she is actually a very kind sweet girl, who just wants to be free.
Role: sharpshooter
Equipment: 2 pistols
Apperance: http://www.renderat.com/renders/214.png
Theme song: angel of darkness :[/

Personal Quote: "Just follow the rules and everything will be fine.."
Gaia name: Jessasaurausx3
Character name: Annabella Lillis; She sometimes goes by Lilli
Bio: Annabella grew up with the machines, and grew up with admiration for them. Though she has heard of the threats of the demon, she often has doubts about the machines that have control over her every waking moment. She trusts them of course, but her sense of independence fills her will ill thoughts of them, though she would never dare speak them out loud. Annabella is full of secrets and has a story that keeps her eyes wide and scared of the world, no matter how safe she may be.
Personality: Quiet, Shy, Careful, Submissive, Curious, Distant, Young, but with an old soul. She's full of questions she never has the nerve to ask. Slowly, though, she is allowing her eyes to open to see the world and see society as it truly is, burning from dependence.
Role: Doubtful Antagonist
Equipment: Annabella is hardly a violent person and frowns upon the use of weaponry, however her subtle paranoia causes her to keep a small pocket knife with her almost all the time.
Theme song: Decode by Paramore

Personal Quote: Is life really that important?
Gaia name: uilenyk
Character name: Self-Aware Artificial Intelligence or Saai for short
Bio: The original design for Saai was worked on together by both Azenal Freeters and the Good Doctor though he doesn't know this since he was still unfinished when the Good Doctor was exiled. Azenal Freeters finished Saai by himself and originally designed to simply keep the other robots in order though he slowly added more and more functions to Saai.
Personality: He is curious about the way humans act.
Role: Keep the other robots in line/repair. Leader of the Secret Police.
Equipment: energy sword and various other attachments.
Apperance:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Theme song:How the world fell under Darkness-Protomen  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:16 am
bump  

dream angel 176

Sivlerwolf14

Devoted Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:37 am
((Bump...Just need one more person...))  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:44 pm
{{ may i call dibs on the one last person you need? c: }}  

KawaiiGibby-chan

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:44 am
((Bumpie?))  
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:05 pm
((ROLEPLAY IS OPEN!!!))

Mav was moving through the back alleys. Trying to be as quiet as possible, he knew that robots were always looking for him. Fortunately for him the robots were trying to keep the hunt for him quiet, to not stir panic amongst the regular citizens. However one slip up on his part could mean the end of everything...he kew he needed to find some sort of temporary safe haven. But for now he would keep moving sleeping in short bursts as he did so, and looking for other like him.  

Sivlerwolf14

Devoted Streaker

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:12 am
((Oh I found out who the picture is of! It's the main character from Girls Bravo >.< haha))

Pink hair was always difficult to hide... But what could she do? She was running through her previous home to check on her little brother... Well atleast she considered him her little brother. She entered his room and smiled as she noticed he was sleeping. She happily walked in and cleaned up slightly from his previous play time and tucked him in before exiting the orphanage and happily sighed before making sure she wasn't being followed. She kind of wondered where Mav was but didn't worry to much about the guy. He was always somewhere. Smiling after a very good adventure to visit the orphanage, Atta slipped down an alleyway and into what was considered safe at the moment.

He stood watching 'his' city as the robots patrolled. He was so high up you would think he couldn't see but, before he had banished his best friend, Azenal had created a program with him that would let him zoom in to the city. He looked around and didn't see anything out of the ordinary yet... Yet..  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:59 pm
Saai continued to work as his right hand changed into an assortment of tools. The cleaner robot and broken down towards the end of the day and the job was taking longer than Saai had originally expected. It seemed that during the malfunction, the robot had picked up something it shouldn't have. Whatever it was, it was completely destroyed now but it had damaged some of the circuitry. He finished welding the last part on and reactivated the robot and sent it on its way. He watched as the robot left. It had thanked him but he knew that the reaction was a built in response. He wondered what a human would of done in that situation? A moment later, he turned a began making his way towards the tower. It had gotten late, and he should be getting back soon. He still had a job to do.  

uilenyk

dream angel 176

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:37 pm
I,ve joined another RP sorry.  
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:30 am
((BUMP))  

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200