Total Votes : 4

Ace_Price

Omnipresent Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:44 pm
Alright, let's make this more interesting.

I am thinking of starting an RP where instead of completely RPing our adventure, we all start out in the beginning of one game (To keep relevance) and progress to a certain point then RP that out with everyone.

Example: We all get to the 1st gym in RL and then RP to that point with everyone else in the RP.

Anything important that happens in the game like fighting Team Rocket/Magma/Plasma Ect. Will be as though we were a group that went in instead of a single trainer. This RP will be based off the Nuzlocke Challenge rules:

1. You can only capture the first Pokemon encountered in each new area.
2. If a Pokemon faints then it will be considered dead and release it.

If the RP comes to the point where there is only one person left, then that person Is free to continue and try to win his/her Nuzlocke challenge and if this is popular enough may even pick the next game.

For this one we will be playing Pokémon Soul Silver. If you don't have it you may get an emulator or just the actual game and if not, if enough people have another pokemon game, those suggestions may be submitted and I will trade out Soul Silver for the said game.

You can progress further in the game without the rest of the group, but if your game ends early, it is an honor system and we expect you to leave the RP at that point or just tag along with the other members of this RP until the last person loses. This includes myself.

I hope there are people who like this idea of an RP and it actually works out, especially as there will be bugs and kinks. Please reply and give feedback on what could be done to improve this idea, and what your thoughts are on it overall. Thank you. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:51 pm
Sounds fun, but I don't have Silver, I have Red though. Though depending on when this gets posted, I could probably play along either with Gold or Crystal.  

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:59 pm
That sounds like a logistical nightmare. sweatdrop But if you're up to coordinating something that precise, I'd say go for it.

My questions would be how it would work, exactly. I mean, everyone would have different playing times; some people can play all night, some people can only play for an hour before they're bored out of their tree and have to do something else. Would the fastest players have to wait for the slowest ones to catch up before continuing the RP? Would the RP be put on pause between progress points? What exactly would the RP be about if it's just following everyone's Pokemon adventures? Why would the RP go down to only one person--is there an elimination system that you haven't mentioned?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:31 pm
You can advance as far as you want in your game, but as the RP is concerned its like a normal story with us following the games story line as a group. It is kinda like a survival as when you lose your pokemon in a battle you can't get them back, this includes any time they faint in your game. when you lose all your pokemon you can still RP and play along. The RP will probably last longer than your game as getting through a Forrest might take a while RP wise while in the game it will take about an hour maybe so you can be as slow as you want to advance  

Ace_Price

Omnipresent Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Survivor 150

Ace_Price

Omnipresent Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:50 pm
Any comments, ideas, or input would be nice to make this work. I am open to sugestions.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:57 pm
you're aware, it physically impossible to actually lose all your pokemon right? As the game is programmed to make you have at least one pokemon on you at all times. Also why would a group of trainers take on a single gym at the same time? The gym leader would need to go to a pokemon center/ catch new pokemon to fight all those trainers at the same time. Fighting team rocket I get but honestly I have yet to see a pokemon roleplay go well. Except maybe if you guys are playing as pokemon....but when your a trainer it tends not to go well seeing as the whole point of pokemon is to battle and deepen bonds with them and there must be a winner and a loser. The only good pokemon roleplays would be if everyone choose a pokemon to play as, or if your a pokemon ranger where you have ONE pokemon as your parnter to explore with and solve crisis with the occasional help of nearby pokemon. But honestly this roleplay will just become a bunch of people talking about how their battles with gym leaders went.....Also what about Legendaries... In this Rp you're all in the same world...six people can't all capture one Lugia or Ho-oh. Also it might be better If you're doing Soul Silver to allow people to also use Heart Gold as their really the same game.  

Sivlerwolf14

Devoted Streaker

Ace_Price

Omnipresent Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:08 pm
yes the game forces you to keep one pokemon, but like I said, they are counted as dead when they lose a battle so in the case of a black/white out you normally restart a game in the case of the Nuzlocke Challenge. So in the case you lose your last pokemon here, you can kinda do whatever, weather it be going home and leave the RP, or tag along as a support character.

I agree most Pokémon RPs tend to fail and I never said this would be good one either, I am trying to get help in making it a good one, as I don't think I can completely prepare for some bull. I do thank you for bringing up the gym part though as that is something I will need to think of and Legendary pokemon normally aren't caught in a Nuzlocke as it wont be the "First" Pokémon encountered in the area so you just defeat it and move on.

As of using Heart Gold that should be fine as well, I do think that should be fine, the main point is keeping everyone on the same game instead of 3 people here, 2 people there.

I just need help and am welcoming any criticism as it will hopefully help me to launch this idea of mine. i think it could be a cool idea, if need be we can always limit the number of trainers. Any other flaws you can see or ways to help? This applies to anyone.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:08 pm
bump  

Ace_Price

Omnipresent Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Survivor 150

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:48 pm
Sounds brutal, good luck man, I hope it goes better than the last one I tried restarting.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games