Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
Art II~Open- First Lesson 2061-'62 Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:25 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

II!

How marvelous of you to be here! Art II is applying what one learned from Art I into actual images. It teaches basic sketch, line shape and proportions, as well as ways to make your sketches really pop! Myself? My name is Naitanna Ellis, or Professor Ellis to you, and I am a squib. To those who have never met a squib we are people born onto magical parents but have no magic ourselves. However, as you can see, it does not stop us from being fully functioning members of Magical Society. But enough about me! Let's move on to the important information.

Rules:
1) No speaking while I am speaking
2) Respect your fellow student
3) No sabotage of other's art
4) No derogatory remarks about another's art
5) Any racism regarding Muggleborns, Purebloods, Halfbloods, Squibs, Magical Creatures, or anyone else will be subject to removal from the classroom and from the class as well as serious point deductions.
6) Don't worry if you don't have all your supplies, some will be provided for you during class.
7) Art is about free expression! Try to remember that and have fun!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:26 pm
Lesson Knowledge:

[i]Fourth Year[/i]
[ ] Into to Neoclassical, Baroque, and Rococo
[ ] Sketching basics
[ ] Sketching techniques - A look into Bernini and Watteau
[ ] Sketching enchantments - A look into Rembrandt

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:45 pm
A sincere artist is not one who makes a
faithful attempt to put on to canvas
what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something
which is,in itself, a living thing.

User ImageUser Image

Tanna had spent the better part of her first weeks at the castle clearing out both of her classrooms. The original Art room still had dry paint, broken easels, and cracked pottery strewn around the room along with boarded windows and a desk she was quite afraid to sit behind. Sure it had been hard and she had felt a bit guilty using the help of a House Elf because she was sure there was loads of other things he might've had to do but she had to admit, it had gotten the job done quicker and probably more efficient. So now she was standing in the middle of a bright room with sunlight streaming from the large bay windows with smatterings of desks around in small order as well as small white oak desk she positively adored. On the walls were some paintings she had collected over the years as well as some of hers as well. She wanted to share as much of her own knowledge with her students as possible. Suddenly Tanna turned towards the door hearing students talking and walking towards the door and took a deep breath before giving a small but welcoming smile. "Hello and welcome to Art II, my name is Professor Ellis and I will be instructing you this year. Obviously I'm new and I would like to get to know the older and advanced students better, so I'd like you to introduce yourself, which House you're in, and why you chose Art. I'll get things started off! My name is Naitanna Ellis, I didn't attend Hogwarts but I was told I would have made a great Ravenclaw, and I'm in Art because I love the multiple ways I can express myself. Now one of you."

[Wearing: First Day] [With: No one] [Where: My Classroom] [Feeling: Hopeful/Nervous] [Thinking: Please don't screw up, please don't screw up]

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:38 pm
Take a look at those red lights, green lights, blowin' my mind
I'll show you somethin' if you show me a good time

Wait a minute girl, can you show me to the party?

I'll let you in through the backdoor
I'll let you in through the backdoor, baby
I'll let you in through the backdoor, I'll let you in

𝕰lizabeth𝕭urke User Image
Fourth Year, 𝔊𝔯𝔶𝔣𝔣𝔦𝔫𝔡𝔬𝔯
𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔪𝔬𝔲𝔱𝔥

The resonating click of her heel announced her entrance before long ivory fingers could wrap around the frame of the door and pull it open fully to step inside. The classroom was bright, and for a moment, she stood captivated at the works of art that was hung on the stone castle walls of the classroom. A soft smile fluttered upon her lips before her bright lilac eyes darted to meet the young professor that was to be instructing the class. She flashed a bright and exotic smile before taking a seat and letting the others file in behind her.

When it was time to speak, Cersei tapped her painted nail against the desk once or twice in contemplative thought before she decidedly spoke up, her voice a low, and raspy carnal note. ”I’m Elizabeth Burke, but I do much prefer being called Cersei…

“I’m in Gryffindor, of course.”
She gestured with a small wave of hand over the red detail trimmings on her robes and her red lions’ badge. ”And I chose art because it helps me to express how I feel… and I’ve always been ruddy at magic, I’m much better at the arts, singing, and painting, and sculpting.”

My voice
---Half Witch-Half Veela
------ In Art II
---------- and absolutely excited
-------------- ♪ ♫ ♪

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:29 pm
Every part of my memory
Lives inside a night when you were mine
Round and round
The feeling is beating now
Still running down
It's playing all the time
User Image

User Image Pureblood Dating Rose Hall

☆·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.
Nell was horribly excited for Art class this year; not only would there be an actual teacher but it was her own older sister! She tried not to skip-emphasis on "tried"-into the classroom but her bright cheery smile told all. Coming in she saw Cersei taking a seat forgetting that she was in class with her and took a seat close to her passing her a grin. When Tanna began speaking and finally asked for introductions it took everything in her to not giggle and she finally succeeded right up until her own. "I'm Chantale Ellis but I prefer Nell and I'm in Hufflepuff. I chose Art because I love to be able to capture the beauty around me in sketches or paintings." she replied honestly both sister's brown eyes meeting with quiet smiles between the two.
·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☆

Wearing: Uniform | Where: Art Classroom | With: Cersei | Thoughts: Hehehehehehehehehe | OOC:

I am the DJ
And you are the record that I play
And when I scratch the surface
Does it still make you nervous
I am the DJ And you're still my favorite mistake
So when you get that feeling
Keep dancing Keep dancing

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:45 pm
User Image
Adalaide Blythe
Daughter & Sister // Fourth Year Hufflepuff // Wearing in the Art classroomspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Nellspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Weirdspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I have the level two class before the level one class... that's so strange.' spacespac

'Cause I'd get a thousand hugs
From ten thousand lightning bugs...'

═════════════════════════════════

Adalaide entered the classroom nervously, not sure what to do. She'd not taken the level one class last year, and thus had to take both together this year. Which was fine, except she'd not had the level one class yet! It wasn't until tomorrow... which served no purpose except to make Adalaide feel incredibly awkward about being here! When the professor announced that this was her first year, Ada relaxed some. That made things... a little better. And Nell was in the class, which was great! She hurried over to sit next to her friend, noticing Cersei, who she recalled being at the Whomping Willow when she'd mentioned throwing Damien and Dominic into it first year. She gave both girls a smile and thought about the professor's question. Why had she chosen art? Honestly, it'd been because she'd dropped a couple courses and felt like she needed to fill the slots with something. Art was something she enjoyed, but more as a hobby. Still, a lesson in it couldn't be awful if she liked to draw, right? When her turn came, she blushed a bit. "I'm Adalaide Blythe, a Hufflepuff. And I chose Art because I love to doodle in my sketchbook and thought it'd be nice to have someone to actually tell me how to improve." That was true, of course. She did think it would be nice to have someone actually teach her how to draw well, rather than trying to figure it out on her own. And books on the subject were woefully unhelpful since they couldn't see her work and tell her what she specifically could do to improve.

'As they tried to teach me how to dance.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Monday: Potions Tuesday: Transfiguration, Alchemy Wednesday: Art, Charms, Divination, Mythology Thursday: Care of Magical Creatures, Ghoul and Ghost Studies, Herbology, Astronomy Friday: Defense Against the Dark Arts

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:46 pm

User ImageUser Image

Tanna thought it would be awkward teaching her own little sister but seeing how excited and exuberant Chantale was to be there not just for her but for the actual class any sense of nervousness flew out the air. She turned towards a young Gryffindor who was the first to arrive and gave a gentle secret smile. It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Burk and I completely understand being ermm..ruddy at magic. So I'm glad you've found something that you not only know but makes you happy. Glad to have you Miss Ellis and also thank you for the very eloquent answer. Also a pleasure to meet you Miss Blythe and I'm sure your doodles are wonderful, you can't improve creativity." When all the students had made it in she went over to her chalkboard and wrote in her curly handwriting: Basic lines and Figures
"To start off the year we'll begin by starting sketching basics. When you first start a sketch it is a good idea to lightly draw your lines in case you need to erase any later on. A big mistake a lot of people do when they first start the outline of a sketch is they typically press down to hard with their pencil thus creating a dark line and an indention in the paper. This will not only be hard to erase later on but may damage the paper because of the indention created. Start your sketch with a harder lead pencil or just not press down to hard when you’re doing the rough outline. Use basic shapes if you have a hard time drawing an object. When first learning how to sketch, most have a hard time getting the sketch to look like what they are drawing. One way to get your sketch started is to break down the drawing using basic shapes like so" Tanna picked up the chalk and drew an oval with four straight lines: three horizontal to depict the eye, nose, and mouth region while one going vertical to split the oval in half. She then drew a series of squares, rectangles and small ovals to depict eyes, nose, mouth, and ears.
"Another important measure to keep in mind is to visualize how you want your final drawing to look on your paper before starting your sketch in order to avoid coming too close to the edge of the paper or even worse, running out of room. Visually lay out how you want the sketch to look on paper then lightly draw the outline making sure to stay within an imaginary border. And finally, and most importantly, take your time when sketching. There is no time limit when it comes to creativity. I know sometimes you might get stuck, kind of like writers block, so instead of getting frustrated and feeling like you’re on some kind of schedule walk away – take a break. Come back when you feel better and if you still can’t get past that roadblock, set your sketch to the side and come back to it at a later date.
For the remainder of class I'd like you to do a basic sketch of your face and for homework I'd like you to find something, anything or anyone at all, to do a basic sketch over. The homework isn't graded its merely a tool to enable better understanding of what we do in class. When you're finished you may leave it behind or take it with you and leave."

******Next Class******

Tanna walked excitedly to her classroom eager for her second class with her older students. When all of them had settled in she grinned and went back over to the chalkboard writing in her same curly script: Sketching Techniques
"Welcome back, I hope you all had a great first week of classes. Now, last week we went over basic lines and figures so now we're moving on to technique. A good tip before we begin is to always make the outline light to start with. Use a soft lead pencil to draw the initial sketch with very light outlines. Use minimal pressure and make your lines just heavy enough so that you can see them. With light lines you can erase without leaving deep indentations in your paper. This is a nice little drawing technique trick to help you just in case you make a mistake or have to adjust something – which I guarantee you will. Now there are 5 excellent techniques to basic sketching:
One, Drawing Contours. In this exercise you basically pick an object whether it’s a picture or anything you can see and try to draw it without lifting your pencil off of the paper. Doing this will help you to be able to practice getting the proportions correct.
Two, Drawing Motion. Recording movement helps grasp the overall image. Try to draw the movement of the person or object you see. Do it quickly, don’t try to give it a finished look because these are just practice drawings!
Three, Drawing with a grid. This is an excellent exercise to give you a sense of proportion. Draw a grid on a blank piece of paper and then try to sketch an image on it. The grid will help you position the objects in the picture and also to make them proportionate. This is an excellent technique when sketching faces.
Four, Drawing in a continuous line. Another focusing exercise: put the pencil on the paper and try to reproduce what you see with a continuous line, without lifting the pencil. Try to focus more on the object, not so much on your sketching. You can do a figure eight or any continuous shape as long as you don’t have to lift your pencil from the paper.
And five, Blind drawing. Try to sketch what you see without looking at your drawing at all. This exercise helps you “feel” your tools and also improve coordination and focus.
For the remainder of class I'd like you to pick two techniques you'd like to begin with and attempt their exercises. There is grid paper available on all your desks if you would like to start with that one and pencils can be found on any surface of the room just in case you don't have one. For homework I'd like you to do the remaining techniques. If you have any questions or issues don't hesitate to ask me and when you're finished you're free to go."

[Wearing: First Day] [With: No one] [Where: My Classroom] [Feeling: Eager/Happy] [Thinking: This is awesome!]

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:53 pm
User Image
Adalaide Blythe
Daughter & Sister // Fourth Year Hufflepuff // Wearing in the Art classroomspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Nellspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Weirdspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I have the level two class before the level one class... that's so strange.' spacespac

'Cause I'd get a thousand hugs
From ten thousand lightning bugs...'

Adalaide took a seat in the classroom and had her supplies all ready to take notes and to sketch. She listened carefully to the professor's lecture, taking notes and thinking about which techniques she thought would help her the most. When it came time to actually start sketching, she sat for a bit, considering her options. She instantly knew she didn't want to try anything with the grid. It seemed too rigid, to forced. Her sketches already seemed a bit stiff. The motion sketching would probably be better, then. But, there was no real motion to sketch with here, so she'd have to try something else for now. She decided that the blind drawing might be interesting, so she started working on that first, and looked around. Seeing nothing that caught her eye, the Hufflepuff had an idea, and took out her scarf, laying it on the table, arranging it very precisely, and sketching that. She worked on that for a long while, struggling to keep her eyes off of her paper and on the scarf. When she was done, she looked at the finished result and... it actually wasn't half as bad as shed thought it would be. Some of the lines intersected weirdly, but it was a pretty solid drawing. She smiled, and decided that next, she'd do a contour line drawing of the Professor. She had done this type of sketch before, so it didn't take as long, and the end result was rather odd, but satisfying. You could tell who it was supposed to be, which was good as far as Ada was concerned, at least for starting out.

'As they tried to teach me how to dance.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Monday: Potions Tuesday: Transfiguration, Alchemy Wednesday: Art, Charms, Divination, Mythology Thursday: Care of Magical Creatures, Ghoul and Ghost Studies, Herbology, Astronomy Friday: Defense Against the Dark Arts

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:19 am

Fourth Year, 𝔊𝔯𝔶𝔣𝔣𝔦𝔫𝔡𝔬𝔯
𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔪𝔬𝔲𝔱𝔥

Drawing contours, she decided, would probably be best and most fun for her as of this point. She wasn’t very talented, not really, but she did rather enjoy not having to turn her brain on for this class and simply being able to coast on by without much effort at all. She always was quite the lazy one. Biting her lip, she glanced around the room trying to find something to draw before decidedly choosing, perhaps, one of the hardest subjects she could have chosen, her left hand. With her right hand on her pencil, and her left up in the air in front of her in a lax position, she began to draw the lines she saw until she felt she was done. Glancing down, she could have sworn her hand had somehow turned into a ruddy pig…

Shaking her head, she moved on, this time, she decided to go for a blind drawing. Lilac eyes slid to a close as she leaned forward against her desk and tried to envision her hand in her mind once again. It was in a different position now, and without peeking, she tried to draw a closed fist.

My voice
---Half Witch-Half Veela
------ In Art II
---------- and absolutely excited
-------------- ♪ ♫ ♪

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:41 pm

User ImageUser Image

Tanna walked into her now familiar classroom with her also familiar grin on her face. Seeing her students were all accounted for she walked over to her chalkboard and wrote out Sketching enchantments. Turning to face the class she looked over at her youngest sister, Chantale, making eye contact to ensure she understood her needed help before starting. "Hello again girls, I've been so impressed by you sketches and exercises over the past few weeks and as you can see I've hung a few of my favorites on the walls." she gestured to hung sketches from each girl in the class before continuing. "Today we finally get into the magic behind art, enchanting your artwork. You don't get into enchanting portraits and statues until after your OWL's I'm afraid but you do get something equally fun with your sketches. But you can't just draw and expect it to work, it needs to balanced and placed in perfect perspective for it to work else you'd have a clumsy and very odd piece of art.
First, draw the background scene which your movements will take place in. If the background is to move as well draw the changes supposed to happen. For example, if you're riding down a road and want to sketch the passing scenery draw the trees, buildings, animals, etc. that passes you by.
Second, the person or object you want to move needs to have an objective, where its going, what its doing, etc. A ball rolling along a road after being thrown by a child, a quidditch player flying in the sky amid the bludgers and other players, things like that.
Third, draw these actions. I know it seems impossible but draw the the first and end results of these actions: the ball that was seemingly rolling along has a child finally catch up to it, the quidditch player catches the snitch or does a loop-de-loop, whatever your heart's desire.
And finally, the fourth and last step is the imagine the the movements that you want, the story if you will, lightly tap your sketch with your wand and speak the incantation: Concio. Since I don't own a wand I've asked Chantale to please demonstrate. Chantale?"
Tanna looked imploringly at her sister who blushed at being placed in attention but stood and walked over to her sister who handed her a drawn sketch. It was a relatively medium sized one but it included all the girls in her current class. The young Hufflepuff lightly tapped the parchment with her light colored wood and carefully spoke the incantation watching with wonderment as the girls came alive to smile, wave or give a bored smirk in a generally familiar way of one particular Gryffindor. With a smile the young professor hung her now animated sketch (gently of course, wouldn't want to disrupt the girls), on the center wall of her classroom before turning back towards the class.
"Thank you Chantale for the demonstration. Now you all are gonna attempt the same. It doesn't have to be a horribly complicated image just something simple enough for you to imagine. And for an added incentive, the first person to have made a successfully moving image will be awarded a prize and house points. You may begin!"

[Wearing: First Day] [With: No one] [Where: My Classroom] [Feeling: Eager/Happy] [Thinking: This is awesome!]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:35 am

Fourth Year, 𝔊𝔯𝔶𝔣𝔣𝔦𝔫𝔡𝔬𝔯
𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔪𝔬𝔲𝔱𝔥

After the lesson, she lingered her feathered quill over her slip of parchment with a lazy expression on her face. She didn’t know what she wanted to draw. She didn’t even have so much as a clue. Chewing on her lip, a part of her had long since decided she wouldn’t draw anything too revealing of her personal nature, not that it really mattered.. would it? Ada and Nell weren’t exactly the blabbering type, but still, it never hurt to just be careful.

So, with the slightest decision in mind, she set out to work. The scratch of her quill echoed in her ears as she worked, hovering low over her desk. Slowly, she sketched the outline of a beastly dragon; its jaws parted by severing teeth and forked tongue, and a ball of fire was being shaded in. Then she closed her eyes before detailing the last motion, where the fireball soared across the page and the dragons wings thrust down and shot the beast up into the sky to fly away. She stared at it for a moment, shading in details here and there before she finally put away her quill and ink and reached for her wand. ”Concio,” she recited after a few minutes of practice, as she tapped her wand lightly against her work of art, watching with wide sparkling eyes as it breathed to life with the enchantment and the dragon unleashed harsh ball of fire.

My voice
---Half Witch-Half Veela
------ In Art II
---------- and dreadfully indecisive
-------------- ♪ ♫ ♪

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:04 pm

User Image

Tanna set up her classroom in the first few weeks she arrived back at the castle and was now waiting on the corner of her desk for her new set of Fourth Years. She had been thoroughly impressed and grateful for her last set and was eagerly awaiting the new. Seeing them arrive she greeted them with a smile and waited for them to take their seats before she began. "Hello and welcome to Art II, my name is Professor Ellis and I will be instructing you this year. To start the class we'll begin with the basics!" She went over to the blackboard and wrote in her curly script Basic lines and Figures.
"When you first start a sketch it is a good idea to lightly draw your lines in case you need to erase any later on. A big mistake a lot of people do when they first start the outline of a sketch is they typically press down to hard with their pencil thus creating a dark line and an indention in the paper. This will not only be hard to erase later on but may damage the paper because of the indention created. Start your sketch with a harder lead pencil or just not press down to hard when you’re doing the rough outline. Use basic shapes if you have a hard time drawing an object. When first learning how to sketch, most have a hard time getting the sketch to look like what they are drawing. One way to get your sketch started is to break down the drawing using basic shapes like so," Tanna picked up the chalk and drew an oval with four straight lines: three horizontal to depict the eye, nose, and mouth region while one going vertical to split the oval in half. She then drew a series of squares, rectangles and small ovals to depict eyes, nose, mouth, and ears.
"Another important measure to keep in mind is to visualize how you want your final drawing to look on your paper before starting your sketch in order to avoid coming too close to the edge of the paper or even worse, running out of room. Visually lay out how you want the sketch to look on paper then lightly draw the outline making sure to stay within an imaginary border. And finally, and most importantly, take your time when sketching. There is no time limit when it comes to creativity. I know sometimes you might get stuck, kind of like writers block, so instead of getting frustrated and feeling like you’re on some kind of schedule walk away – take a break. Come back when you feel better and if you still can’t get past that roadblock, set your sketch to the side and come back to it at a later date.
For the remainder of class I'd like you to do a basic sketch of your face and for homework I'd like you to find something, anything or anyone at all, to do a basic sketch over. The homework isn't graded its merely a tool to enable better understanding of what we do in class. When you're finished you may leave it behind or take it with you and leave."

[Wearing: Back in Class] [With: My students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: I wonder how they'll be?]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:04 am
User Image
Sun ☼ Henrick

Gryffindor || Third Year
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Sketching. At the sound of this word, Sun could already picture everything and visualize exactly how he would draw. How the blank paper would be dotted with key features of the image in mind, then slowly darkened as darker and stronger lines were carved over the lighter ones. How the pencil moved over the paper and how the lead would stain the white. Everything, it seemed, was like a little movie, except Sun was in control of it. Today's class was a way for him to understand that what he learned himself was more or less correct, but really, was there a "correct" way to create art?

But his face. A basic sketch. He didn't want to draw his own, because that would bring him unwanted self-loathing, or something like that. But he guessed that maybe he should just follow the teacher's directions for once, and moved the pencil as he visualized his own face. Ugh. Not really pleasant. But still...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

I changed. Now I don't know who I am anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:17 am
So this is what you meant
When you said that you were spent
And now it's time to build from the bottom of the pit
Right to the top, don't hold back
I don't ever wanna let you down
I don't ever wanna leave this town
'Cause after all, this city never sleeps at night

It's time to begin, isn't it: Calm
I get a little bit bigger, but then I'll admit: Okay, what do I look like?
I'm just the same as I was: Fourth Years
Now don't you understand that I'm never changing who I am: Art

N E W L Y N | T A R A | V A S S

H U F F L E P U F F | B L O O D T R A I T O R | F O U R T H Y E A R User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Newlyn was prepared this year. Professor Ellis gave long, detailed lectures, and notes had to be taken really quickly to stay caught up with what she was saying. When she was done writing, she began her sketch of her own face, sort of wishing she had a mirror. Alright, fair skin, long pin straight dark hair, large blue eyes, oval shaped face... Her own image began to take form on the paper, a little Newlyn Vass of her own creation.

A person who DESERVES my loyalty RECEIVES it

So this is where you fell
And I am left to sell
The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell
Right to the top don't look back
This road never looked so lonely
This house doesn't burn down slowly
To ashes, to ashes, turning the rags
And giving the commodities a rain check

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:17 pm

User Image

Tanna walked into her classroom practically skipping from her great start of the new year. It was almost more exciting seeing her students from Art I eager to learn more in Art II. She went over to her chalkboard to write Sketching Techniques in her familiar curly script.
"Welcome back, I hope you all had a great first week of classes. Now, last week we went over basic lines and figures so now we're moving on to technique. A good tip before we begin is to always make the outline light to start with. Use a soft lead pencil to draw the initial sketch with very light outlines. Use minimal pressure and make your lines just heavy enough so that you can see them. With light lines you can erase without leaving deep indentations in your paper. This is a nice little drawing technique trick to help you just in case you make a mistake or have to adjust something – which I guarantee you will. Now there are 5 excellent techniques to basic sketching:
One, Drawing Contours. In this exercise you basically pick an object whether it’s a picture or anything you can see and try to draw it without lifting your pencil off of the paper. Doing this will help you to be able to practice getting the proportions correct.
Two, Drawing Motion. Recording movement helps grasp the overall image. Try to draw the movement of the person or object you see. Do it quickly, don’t try to give it a finished look because these are just practice drawings!
Three, Drawing with a grid. This is an excellent exercise to give you a sense of proportion. Draw a grid on a blank piece of paper and then try to sketch an image on it. The grid will help you position the objects in the picture and also to make them proportionate. This is an excellent technique when sketching faces.
Four, Drawing in a continuous line. Another focusing exercise: put the pencil on the paper and try to reproduce what you see with a continuous line, without lifting the pencil. Try to focus more on the object, not so much on your sketching. You can do a figure eight or any continuous shape as long as you don’t have to lift your pencil from the paper.
And five, Blind drawing. Try to sketch what you see without looking at your drawing at all. This exercise helps you “feel” your tools and also improve coordination and focus.
For the remainder of class I'd like you to pick two techniques you'd like to begin with and attempt their exercises. There is grid paper available on all your desks if you would like to start with that one and pencils can be found on any surface of the room just in case you don't have one. For homework I'd like you to do the remaining techniques. If you have any questions or issues don't hesitate to ask me and when you're finished you're free to go."
Tanna grinned and clapped softly but happily.

[Wearing: Back in Class] [With: My students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: I wonder how they'll be?]

Fourth Year Classes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff