Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fifth Year Classes
Art III~ Open- First Lesson Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:35 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

III!

So happy to see you! This is Art III, now that we've learned about shading, depth, and image structure it's time to move on to one of the most important things. Yes! Color! We'll be learning the color spectrum as well as painting techniques and enhancements. Myself? My name is Naitanna Ellis, or Professor Ellis to you, and I am a squib. Hopefully by now you will have either met or learned about squibs, however if this is not the case squib are people born onto magical parents but have no magic ourselves. However, as you can see, it does not stop us from being fully functioning members of Magical Society. But enough about me! Let's move on to the important information.

Rules:
1) No speaking while I am speaking
2) Respect your fellow student
3) No sabotage of other's art
4) No derogatory remarks about another's art
5) Any racism regarding Muggleborns, Purebloods, Halfbloods, Squibs, Magical Creatures, or anyone else will be subject to removal from the classroom and from the class as well as serious point deductions.
6) Don't worry if you don't have all your supplies, some will be provided for you during class.
7) Art is about free expression! Try to remember that and have fun!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:37 pm
Lesson Knowledge:

[i]Fifth Year[/i]
[ ] Into to Romanticism - Color Wheel
[ ] Painting techniques - A look into Waterhouse
[ ] Painting enchantments - A look into Goya

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:49 pm
A sincere artist is not one who makes a
faithful attempt to put on to canvas
what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something
which is,in itself, a living thing.

User ImageUser Image

Tanna had spent the better part of her first weeks at the castle clearing out both of her classrooms. The original Art room still had dry paint, broken easels, and cracked pottery strewn around the room along with boarded windows and a desk she was quite afraid to sit behind. Sure it had been hard and she had felt a bit guilty using the help of a House Elf because she was sure there was loads of other things he might've had to do but she had to admit, it had gotten the job done quicker and probably more efficient. So now she was standing in the middle of a bright room with sunlight streaming from the large bay windows with smatterings of desks around in small order as well as small white oak desk she positively adored. On the walls were some paintings she had collected over the years as well as some of hers as well. She wanted to share as much of her own knowledge with her students as possible. Suddenly Tanna turned towards the door hearing students talking and walking towards the door and took a deep breath before giving a small but welcoming smile. "Hello and welcome to Art III, my name is Professor Ellis and I will be instructing you this year. Obviously I'm new and I would like to get to know the older and advanced students better, so I'd like you to introduce yourself, which House you're in, and why you chose Art. I'll get things started off! My name is Naitanna Ellis, I didn't attend Hogwarts but I was told I would have made a great Ravenclaw, and I'm in Art because I love the multiple ways I can express myself. Now one of you."

[Wearing: First Day] [With: No one] [Where: My Classroom] [Feeling: Hopeful/Nervous] [Thinking: Please don't screw up, please don't screw up]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:26 am
Shina Kiremono~Fifth Year~Ravenclaw Prefect and Seeker

User Image

Shina came in and set her supplies down. "Hello Professor, nice to meet you. I'm Shina Kiremono, Ravenclaw. I chose Art because the moving portraits seem fascinating!" she said.

Yukina101

User Image
((OOC: ... ))

Wearing | Animagus Form

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:38 pm

User ImageUser Image

Tanna walked into her art classroom giving a smile to her only girl. She hadn't been that surprised to see so few students in the higher Arts but she was very impressed by the determination and skill that she displayed. That thought in mind she went over to the chalkboard to write Painting enchantments before turning back towards the small class and clapping happily.
"Alright, welcome again and I'm very excited for this class, and I'm sure you will be as well Shina. We've gone over everything you had concerns over from previous classes, colors and their overlapping properties, and of course techniques. Now it's time to put it all together! Today we'll be using a simple and relatively easy painting enchantment to make whatever you paint today move.
If you can remember the sketching enchantment, concio then know that the technique for that is relatively similar to this one. Paint your background, moving or non-moving, your moving subject, and your creative plot. Unlike the sketching one however, a paints enchantments are fuller more..personal. Sketches are lines and shadings put on parchment, painting takes time and measured critical strokes. In the old days painting truly did take blood, sweat, and tears it's why there are so many different painting enchantments. The one we're using today is the generalized one but takes the most focus because of it's generalization. That's the main reason most wait until their fifth or sixth year to try. Once you have completed your painting take your wand and hold it as close to the painting as you can and speak these words very clearly while imaging your desired effect: pingunt in vitam. If you need me, you know where to find me!"

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

[Wearing: First Day] [With: No one] [Where: My Classroom] [Feeling: Excited/Happy] [Thinking: I'm sure they can do it]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:05 pm

User Image

Tanna set up her classroom in the first few weeks she arrived back at the castle and was now waiting on the corner of her desk for her new set of Fifth Years. She had been thoroughly impressed and grateful for her last set and was eagerly awaiting the new. This was also they're OWL year, so she was a bit nervous but had faith they would do fine. Seeing them arrive she greeted them with a smile and waited for them to take their seats before she began. "Hello and welcome to Art III, my name is Professor Ellis and I will be instructing you this year. To start the class I'd like to start the year off a bit tame, we'll be learning about the color wheel today." She walked over to her chalkboard where a perfectly drawn circle with various colors were drawn onto it. "A Color Wheel or color circle is an abstract illustrative organization of color hues around a circle that shows relationships between primary colors, secondary colors, complementary colors,etc. In a paint or subtractive color wheel, the "center of gravity" is usually (but not always) black, representing all colors of light being absorbed; in a color circle, on the other hand, the center is white or gray, indicating a mixture of different wavelengths of light (all wavelengths, or two complementary colors, for example).
The arrangement of colors around the color circle is often considered to be in correspondence with the wavelengths of light, as opposed to hues, in accord with the original color circle of Isaac Newton. Modern color circles include the purples, however, between red and violet. The typical artists' paint or pigment color wheel includes the blue, red, and yellow primary colors. The corresponding secondary colors are green, orange, and violet or purple. The tertiary colors are red–orange, red–violet, yellow–orange, yellow–green, blue–violet and blue–green.
There is no straight-line relationship between colors mixed in pigment, which vary from medium to medium. As such, a painter's color wheel is indicative rather than predictive, being used to compare existing colors rather than calculate exact colors of mixtures. Because of differences relating to the medium, different color wheels can be created according to the type of paint or other medium used, and many artists make their own individual color wheels. These often contain only blocks of color rather than the gradation between tones that is characteristic of the color circle.
For today I'd like you to create a personal color wheel using the primary colors of Blue, Red, Yellow, and White. Create the color combinations to reflect you and what you like to reflect in your art."
Tanna grinned out over the class. She hoped she hadn't scared them.

[Wearing: Back in Class] [With: My students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: I wonder how they'll be?]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:25 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Studious at Artspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing on Chris // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Classmatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Painting's not really my thing, but this is nice...' spacespac
'You didn't have to look my way;
Your eyes still haunt me to this day.'

═════════════════════════════════

Adalaide took careful notes on the first lesson of the year, knowing that everything else they would learn would branch from what was taught today. She wasn't much of a painter; she preferred drawing. Paint was a bit too messy for her. But, maybe if she learned more about it, she'd find that she enjoyed it more than she thought she did. With that in mind, she started thinking about the assignment for the day. A color wheel... in colors that represented what they wanted their art to showcase? What exactly did that mean? Like, could she use a lot of oranges because it was the color she like the most? She did want her art to reflect her. But what colors reflected her, what colors would portray the things she wanted to portray? She thought long and hard. Why did she like orange so much to begin with? Or brown, which was her second favorite color?

Well, they were warm. Not hot, like red, or a bright orange or yellow, but warm. Pleasant. She liked them because they were earthy. Grounding. Was that what she felt, what she should make the focus of her art? She bit her lip and started work on the color wheel. First, she mixed the red and the yellow to get a nice, pure orange tone, and then added a it of blue to mellow it out, make it less bright. In the end, it was about the color of a pumpkin, fresh off the vine. Next, she mixed a bit of that with some white and yellow, to get a color sort of like the pale golden yellow of sunlight filtering through the autumn leaves. A red with a touch of blue to create the bright red leaves on a tree in the fall, and several varying shades of golds and yellows. Lastly, she mixed a nice, earthy brown color. When she was done, she painted them on the wheel, smiling. She rather liked it. It was warm, just like she'd wanted it to be.

═════════════════════════════════
                                                          'But you did... yes, you did.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:41 pm
Back to the street where we began
Pickin’ up things we shouldn’t read
Feeling as good as lovers can, you know
It looks like the end of history as we know
Yeah we're feeling so good
It’s just the end of the world

User Image
User Image

ρυʀєвℓσσם╰☆╮ Taken by Rose HallUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Prefect User Image

Wearing | Where: Art Class | With: Class | Thinking: Preettyy~ | OOC:

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´
Nell had gotten over the oddness of having her older sister teach one of her favorite classes and could now look at her as just another professor. Well, one with whom she sometimes crashed with in the summers she meant. She took the empty seat besides Ada flashing a grin towards her friend before listening to the lecture. So they had to create their own color wheel? Why did that seem a lot more difficult than it really was?So, in true Hufflepuff fashion, she slowly began her work mixing the fist two colors in front, red and blue, and coming up with a pretty rich purple that reminded her of sea on top of the cliffs around sunset. Grinning she mixed red and white getting a pinking color adding the yellow and getting a creamy orange like a creamsicle. She had recently learned what those were from running around in muggle London and she was hooked! She then decided to make a green and found that the color she created looked like the grass surrounding her home. The blue and white combination created the wildflowers that she loved to pick and make jewelry out of as a child. More and more color combinations came to mind and before she realized it she had created a rather sporadic but homey color wheel.
`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´

Into a room where it's nine in the afternoon
And your eyes are the size of the moon
You could 'cause you can so you do
We're feeling so good
just the way that we do
'Cause it's nine in the afternoon

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:45 am
Can't trust a cold blooded woman
Boy, don't you lie in her bed
You can't trust a cold blooded woman
She'll love you and leave you for dead.
There's one thing you must understand
You can't trust a cold blooded woman

User Image
𝕰lizabeth𝕭urke
Fifth Year, Prefect
𝔊𝔯𝔶𝔣𝔣𝔦𝔫𝔡𝔬𝔯 𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔪𝔬𝔲𝔱𝔥

A color wheel, she mused with pursed lips. Her scribbling ostrich feather flittered against her skin as paused from her note taking to consider what it was that she wanted to reflect in of herself. She hummed gently, and lilac eyes darted to the left to catch a glimpse of Nell and Ada both already huddled over their papers with a brush in their hands and paint on their pages. She blinked down at her own empty canvas and sighed. When she finally began, it was with red, at the direct head and center of her wheel, bright and fiery, she used no paint to taint its color. As she progressed through her circle, the shades grew darker. A maroon hue darkened by the barest speck of blue. Blazing violet hues as fierce as her own eyes were next. The deep shade of blue like the depths of the ocean occupied the next slice of her color wheel. Sloshing the blue and green together until the waters foamed like the sea green of the murky lake, she painted that color next. Gold was next, she had to darken her yellow, but blue would have made it too green, using each color in turn to vary a sliver of white, to black, she added the dark hue to her yellow until the golden sun formed and that was the color she added in final. It was bright, bold, and vivid. Just as she hoped it would be. All the while, her pet snake was hiding under her hair and robes, wrapped around her neck in comfort.

User Image //Translation: //
My voice
---Half Witch-Half Veela
------ Art Class
---------- With Ada and Nell
-------------- ♪ ♫ ♪

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:23 pm

User Image

Tanna set up her classroom in the first few weeks she arrived back at the castle and was now waiting on the corner of her desk for her new set of Fifth Years. She had been thoroughly impressed and grateful for her last set and was eagerly awaiting the new. This was also they're OWL year, so she was a bit nervous but had faith they would do fine. Seeing them arrive she greeted them with a smile and waited for them to take their seats before she began. "Hello and welcome to Art III, my name is Professor Ellis and I will be instructing you this year. To start the class I'd like to start the year off a bit tame, we'll be learning about the color wheel today." She walked over to her chalkboard where a perfectly drawn circle with various colors were drawn onto it. "A Color Wheel or color circle is an abstract illustrative organization of color hues around a circle that shows relationships between primary colors, secondary colors, complementary colors,etc. In a paint or subtractive color wheel, the "center of gravity" is usually (but not always) black, representing all colors of light being absorbed; in a color circle, on the other hand, the center is white or gray, indicating a mixture of different wavelengths of light (all wavelengths, or two complementary colors, for example).
The arrangement of colors around the color circle is often considered to be in correspondence with the wavelengths of light, as opposed to hues, in accord with the original color circle of Isaac Newton. Modern color circles include the purples, however, between red and violet. The typical artists' paint or pigment color wheel includes the blue, red, and yellow primary colors. The corresponding secondary colors are green, orange, and violet or purple. The tertiary colors are red–orange, red–violet, yellow–orange, yellow–green, blue–violet and blue–green.
There is no straight-line relationship between colors mixed in pigment, which vary from medium to medium. As such, a painter's color wheel is indicative rather than predictive, being used to compare existing colors rather than calculate exact colors of mixtures. Because of differences relating to the medium, different color wheels can be created according to the type of paint or other medium used, and many artists make their own individual color wheels. These often contain only blocks of color rather than the gradation between tones that is characteristic of the color circle.
For today I'd like you to create a personal color wheel using the primary colors of Blue, Red, Yellow, and White. Create the color combinations to reflect you and what you like to reflect in your art."

[Wearing: Back in the Classroom] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: -]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:14 pm
Make me WHOLE again, open your EYES
TAUNTED by the SHADOW of your lie
Cold and far AWAY like you're not even MINE
Undo EVERYTHING and TAKE me
HIGHER, never BELIEVING what they say
'Cause I'm COUNTING the DAYS
To MEET you on the OTHER side
I will ALWAYS be WAITING

Mood: Excited
Thoughts: Colors mean a lot to me...
Company: Fifth Years

N E W L Y N | T A R A | V A S S

H U F F L E P U F F | B L O O D T R A I T O R | F I F T H Y E A R User Image

Newlyn liked the idea of color wheels; colors spoke a lot to her. White could represent purity or innocence, red, love and passion, pink, sweetness and kindness, green, nature and wild things. She took notes and then set to work creating her own color wheel, being sure to make a lot of shades of purple. It was her favorite color, after all.

The more SYMPATHY you GIVE, the LESS you NEED

Until the DAY that I see YOU on the other side
COME and take me HOME
I'm not giving IN, I WANT you back
Holding together the SHARDS of our PAST
Stole my HEART away, I can't LET you go
Break these CHAINS, and let me FLY to you
High ABOVE the world BELOW
OVER and over in my MIND

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:30 pm

User Image

Tanna walked excitedly back into her classroom and waited on the edge of her desk for her students to file in before beginning. "Great jobs on your color wheels, very expressive and very insightful. This week we'll be learning proper painting techniques which is sort of difficult to go over. There are just so many types of paint and supplies that some techniques don't work well with certain types like it does with others. The painting mediums are oil, pastel, watercolor, acrylic, ink, hot wax, fresco, gouache, enamel, spray paint, tempera, and water miscible oil paint! So much fun and so little time..." she pouted a bit but put her smile right back on her face. "Oh well, we'll just have to make do. If you've noticed it or not I've placed the different mediums in different stations all around the room so you may try for yourself which ones you like but before that I do have a few techniques that seem to work well with either all or the majority.
Be precise but not picky. Some paints like watercolor are difficult because if you make a mistake you can't chip it off like you can for oil. However, you can repaint or blot over the area or just incorporate the mistake into your final presentation no one will notice! Painting is an expression not a doctrine.
Sketch it first. This may not always work, especially with spray paints and some water based paints but lightly sketching your desired product may help with either keeping that in mind or show you how to enhance it.
Finally, Take it easy take it slow. Painting is not a game of Quidditch, though the rewards can be just as great. Just like with sketching take your time, it will still be there if you decide to leave it for a while. Trust me."
she chuckled thinking of all her unfinished paintings in the back. Suddenly Tanna clapped and made shooing gestures towards the stations. "Go on go on! Take a look give it a shot."

[Wearing: Back in the Classroom] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: -]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:45 pm
Make me WHOLE again, open your EYES
TAUNTED by the SHADOW of your lie
Cold and far AWAY like you're not even MINE
Undo EVERYTHING and TAKE me
HIGHER, never BELIEVING what they say
'Cause I'm COUNTING the DAYS
To MEET you on the OTHER side
I will ALWAYS be WAITING

Mood: Excited
Thoughts: So many mediums!
Company: Fifth Years

N E W L Y N | T A R A | V A S S

H U F F L E P U F F | B L O O D T R A I T O R | F I F T H Y E A R User Image

Newlyn listened, riveted, as the professor described the various types of painting. She'd only ever done oil, pastel, watercolor, and ink. She couldn't wait to try the other ones. Remembering to heed Professor Ellis's advice she tried each of the different mediums. She found she still favored watercolor and pastel the most, but the others, especially spray paint, which she'd never even seen before, were definitely fun to try out.

The more SYMPATHY you GIVE, the LESS you NEED

Until the DAY that I see YOU on the other side
COME and take me HOME
I'm not giving IN, I WANT you back
Holding together the SHARDS of our PAST
Stole my HEART away, I can't LET you go
Break these CHAINS, and let me FLY to you
High ABOVE the world BELOW
OVER and over in my MIND

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:13 pm

User Image
User Image

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: More students!]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25