Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fifth Year Classes
Art III~ Open- First Lesson Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:55 pm
Three little birds sat on my window.
And they told me I don't need to worry.
Summer came like cinnamon
So sweet,
Little girls double-dutch on the concrete.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

¤ Artist ¤ Married ¤ Mother of Three

[Class List:]
Gertrude Adelwood

Tanna waited on her desk for her small amount of students to arrive before she went over to the board and wrote Waterhouse before turning with a smile to face them.
                                            "John William Waterhouse (April 1849-10 February 1917) was an English painter known for working in the Pre-Raphaelite style. He worked several decades after the breakup of the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood, which had seen its heyday in the mid-nineteenth century, leading him to have gained the moniker of "the modern Pre-Raphaelite". Borrowing stylistic influences not only from the earlier Pre-Raphaelites but also from his contemporaries, the Impressionists, his artworks were known for their depictions of women from both ancient Greek mythology and Arthurian legend.

Waterhouse's early works were not Pre-Raphaelite in nature, but were of classical themes in the spirit of Alma-Tadema and Frederic Leighton. These early works were exhibited at the Dudley Gallery, and the Society of British Artists, and in 1874 his painting Sleep and his Half-brother Death was exhibited at the Royal Academy summer exhibition. The painting was a success and Waterhouse would exhibit at the annual exhibition every year until 1916, with the exception of 1890 and 1915. He then went from strength to strength in the London art scene, with his 1876 piece After the Dance being given the prime position in that year's summer exhibition. Perhaps due to his success, his paintings typically became larger and larger in size.

One of Waterhouse's most famous paintings is The Lady of Shalott, a study of Elaine of Astolat, who dies of grief when Lancelot will not love her. He actually painted three different versions of this character, in 1888, 1894, and 1916. Another of Waterhouse's favorite subjects was Ophelia; the most famous of his paintings of Ophelia depicts her just before her death, putting flowers in her hair as she sits on a tree branch leaning over a lake. As always, I have recreations of all his works on the walls for you to view after the lesson."
                                            Tanna gestured lightly at the paintings lining the wall before turning back to her students.

"Great jobs on your color wheels by the way, very expressive and very insightful. Now that the lecture is out of the way, we'll be learning proper painting techniques which is sort of difficult to go over. There are just so many types of paint and supplies that some techniques don't work well with certain types like it does with others. The painting mediums are oil, pastel, watercolor, acrylic, ink, hot wax, fresco, gouache, enamel, spray paint, tempera, and water miscible oil paint! So much fun and so little time..." she pouted a bit but put her smile right back on her face. "Oh well, we'll just have to make do. If you've noticed it or not I've placed the different mediums in different stations all around the room so you may try for yourself which ones you like but before that I do have a few techniques that seem to work well with either all or the majority.
                                            Be precise but not picky. Some paints like watercolor are difficult because if you make a mistake you can't chip it off like you can for oil. However, you can repaint or blot over the area or just incorporate the mistake into your final presentation no one will notice! Painting is an expression not a doctrine.
                                            Sketch it first. This may not always work, especially with spray paints and some water based paints but lightly sketching your desired product may help with either keeping that in mind or show you how to enhance it.
                                            Finally, Take it easy take it slow. Painting is not a game of Quidditch, though the rewards can be just as great. Just like with sketching take your time, it will still be there if you decide to leave it for a while. Trust me." she chuckled thinking of all her unfinished paintings in the back."
                                            Suddenly Tanna clapped and made shooing gestures towards the stations. "Go on go on! Take a look give it a shot." Tanna told them eagerly.

Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,
Just go ahead, let your hair down.

[Wearing: Wearing] [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Continuing on!] [OOC:]

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:28 am
So sweet,

Gertrude Adelwood

Tanna waited on her desk for her small amount of students to arrive before she went over to the board and wrote Goya before turning with a smile to face them.
                                            "Francisco José de Goya y Lucientes (30 March 1746 – 16 April 1828 ) was a Spanish romantic painter and printmaker regarded both as the last of the Old Masters and the first of the moderns. Goya was court painter to the Spanish Crown; throughout the Peninsular War he remained in Madrid, where he painted the portrait of Joseph Bonaparte, pretender to the Spanish throne, and documented the war in the masterpiece of studied ambiguity known as the Desastres de la Guerra. Through his works he was both a commentator on and chronicler of his era. The subversive imaginative element in his art, as well as his bold handling of paint, provided a model for the work of artists of later generations, notably Manet, Picasso and Francis Bacon.

At age 14, Goya studied under the painter José Luzán. He moved to Madrid where he studied with Anton Raphael Mengs, a painter who was popular with Spanish royalty. He clashed with his master, and his examinations were unsatisfactory. Goya submitted entries for the Royal Academy of Fine Art in 1763 and 1766, but was denied entrance. He then relocated to Rome, where in 1771 he won second prize in a painting competition organized by the City of Parma. Later that year, he returned to Saragossa and painted parts of the cupolas of the Basilica of the Pillar (including Adoration of the Name of God), a cycle of frescoes in the monastic church of the Charterhouse of Aula Dei, and the frescoes of the Sobradiel Palace. He studied with Francisco Bayeu y Subías and his painting began to show signs of the delicate tonalities for which he became famous.

Goya married Bayeu's sister Josefa (he nicknamed her "Pepa" ) on 25 July 1773. This marriage, and Francisco Bayeu's membership of the Royal Academy of Fine Art (from the year 1765) helped Goya to procure work as a painter of designs to be woven by the Royal Tapestry Factory. There, over the course of five years, he designed some 42 patterns, many of which were used to decorate (and insulate) the bare stone walls of El Escorial and the Palacio Real del Pardo, the residences of the Spanish monarchs near Madrid. This brought his artistic talents to the attention of the Spanish monarchs who later would give him access to the royal court. He also painted a canvas for the altar of the Church of San Francisco El Grande in Madrid, which led to his appointment as a member of the Royal Academy of Fine Art.

At some time between late 1792 and early 1793, a serious illness (the exact nature of which is not known) left Goya deaf, and he became withdrawn and introspective. During his recuperation, he undertook a series of experimental paintings. His experimental art—which would encompass paintings and drawings as well as a bitterly expressive series of aquatinted etchings, published in 1799 under the title Caprichos—was done in parallel to his more official commissions of portraits and religious paintings. In 1798 he painted luminous and airy scenes for the pendentives and cupola of the Real Ermita (Chapel) of San Antonio de la Florida in Madrid. Many of these depict miracles of Saint Anthony of Padua set in the midst of contemporary Madrid.

His wife died in 1812 allowing him to mentally and emotionally process the current war going on with Spain as well as his mourning. During this time he created prints later known as The Disasters of War (Los desastres de la guerra). In 1819, with the idea of isolating himself, he bought a country house by the Manzanares river just outside of Madrid. It was known as the Quinta del Sordo (roughly, "House of the Deaf Man", titled after its previous owner and not after Goya himself). There he created the Black Paintings with intense, haunting themes, reflective of the artist's fear of insanity and his outlook on humanity. Several of these, including Saturn Devouring His Son, were painted directly onto the walls of his dining and sitting rooms."
                                            Goya was, admittedly, not one of Tanna's favorite artists mainly because of his rather dark subject matter but as per usual she had reproductions of his work scattered throughout the classroom. At least she could move on to happier notes.

That thought in mind she went over to the chalkboard to write Painting enchantments before turning back towards the small class and clapping lightly to gather their attention from their notes.
                                            "Alright now that Goya's done, we've gone over everything you had concerns over from previous classes, colors and their overlapping properties, and of course techniques. Now it's time to put it all together! Today we'll be using a simple and relatively easy painting enchantment to make whatever you paint today move.
                                            If you can remember the sketching enchantment, Motconscripto then know that the technique for that is relatively similar to this one. Paint your background, moving or non-moving, your moving subject, and your creative plot. Unlike the sketching one however, a paints enchantments are fuller more..personal. Sketches are lines and shadings put on parchment, painting takes time and measured critical strokes. In the old days painting truly did take blood, sweat, and tears it's why there are so many different painting enchantments. The one we're using today is the generalized one but takes the most focus because of it's generalization. That's the main reason most wait until their fifth or sixth year to try. Once you have completed your painting take your wand and hold it as close to the painting as you can and speak these words very clearly while imaging your desired effect: Mobitabella. If you need me, you know where to find me!"
                                            Tanna couldn't wait to see the artwork her talented students would create.

[Wearing: Wearing] [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Continuing on!] [OOC:]

murruelecreuset

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:23 am
So sweet,

Delphinia Meadows
Gi-Seung Cho
Theodotus Ellis-Hall
Faina Patrovna
Nathaniel Ellerly
Celeste Kinsley

The room had imitations of famous artworks on the walls as well as their artists and their time periods while windows had their curtains pulled back to let in the natural light. And now the day was here as Tanna sat behind her simple brown desk reading her dragon book and taking light notes when she heard the tell-tale signs of students approaching and stood with a welcoming smile. "Hello and welcome to Art III. To start this new term off I'd like to briefly go over Romanticism before going on to today's lesson.

Romanticism, also the Romantic era or the Romantic period, was an artistic, literary, and intellectual movement that originated in Europe toward the end of the 18th century and in most areas was at its peak in the approximate period from 1800 to 1850. It was also a revolt against aristocratic social and political norms of the Age of Enlightenment and a reaction against the scientific rationalization of nature. It was embodied most strongly in the visual arts, music, and literature, but had a major impact on historiography, education and the natural sciences. Its effect on politics was considerable and complex; while for much of the peak Romantic period it was associated with liberalism and radicalism, in the long term its effect on the growth of nationalism was probably more significant. Romanticism first showed itself in landscape painting, where from as early as the 1760s British artists began to turn to wilder landscapes and storms, and Gothic architecture, even if they had to make do with Wales as a setting. The arrival of Romanticism in French art was delayed by the strong hold of Neoclassicism on the academies, but from the Napoleonic period it became increasingly popular, initially in the form of history paintings propagandising for the new regime. Sculpture remained largely impervious to Romanticism, probably partly for technical reasons, as the most prestigious material of the day, marble, does not lend itself to expansive gestures. As usual I have copies and reproductions of various Romantic artworks around the classroom that you may look upon at your leisure after the lesson."

Tanna walked over to her chalkboard where a perfectly drawn circle with various colors were drawn onto it. "A Color Wheel or color circle is an abstract illustrative organization of color hues around a circle that shows relationships between primary colors, secondary colors, complementary colors,etc. In a paint or subtractive color wheel, the "center of gravity" is usually (but not always) black, representing all colors of light being absorbed; in a color circle, on the other hand, the center is white or gray, indicating a mixture of different wavelengths of light (all wavelengths, or two complementary colors, for example).
                                            The arrangement of colors around the color circle is often considered to be in correspondence with the wavelengths of light, as opposed to hues, in accord with the original color circle of Isaac Newton. Modern color circles include the purples, however, between red and violet. The typical artists' paint or pigment color wheel includes the blue, red, and yellow primary colors. The corresponding secondary colors are green, orange, and violet or purple. The tertiary colors are red–orange, red–violet, yellow–orange, yellow–green, blue–violet and blue–green.
                                            There is no straight-line relationship between colors mixed in pigment, which vary from medium to medium. As such, a painter's color wheel is indicative rather than predictive, being used to compare existing colors rather than calculate exact colors of mixtures. Because of differences relating to the medium, different color wheels can be created according to the type of paint or other medium used, and many artists make their own individual color wheels. These often contain only blocks of color rather than the gradation between tones that is characteristic of the color circle.

For today I'd like you to create a personal color wheel using the primary colors of Blue, Red, Yellow, and White. Create the color combinations to reflect you and what you like to reflect in your art."
                                            Tanna grinned out over the class. She hoped she hadn't scared them.

[Wearing: Wearing] [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New year!] [OOC:]

The Forgotten Weasley

Graydon Ironshield

Miss GryffindorK

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:20 pm
User Image
Faina Patrovna
Slytherin PrefectFifth YearFifteen Years OldSingle
Dueling Club Captain

Given the kind of day she had on Fridays now, Faina rather liked being able to ease into it with her Art class. With heavyweights subjects like Wizard Law and Healing Arts ahead, and then not being able to finish the week off until her Astronomy class was done, Friday was a long, hard slog of a day. By comparison, studying and appreciating the Romantic period was pretty easy, as opposed to Tort Law, and Colour Theory was an interesting subject in its own right. Assembling her own colour wheel was an exercise, where she started organizing tones, with their corresponding shades and highlights for easy access, as she might were she loading her pallet when painting a picture.

OOC:
Username

User Image
                      "And you ask me what I want this year
                      And I try to make this kind and clear
                      Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
                      Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
                      And desire and love and empty things
                      Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days."

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:46 pm
So sweet,

Desiree Whitethorne
Kiery Hemlock
Su-Jin Cho
Sybille LeBeau

The room had imitations of famous artworks on the walls as well as their artists and their time periods while windows had their curtains pulled back to let in the natural light. And now the day was here as Tanna sat behind her simple brown desk reading her dragon book and taking light notes when she heard the tell-tale signs of students approaching and stood with a welcoming smile. "Hello and welcome to Art III. To start this new term off I'd like to briefly go over Romanticism before going on to today's lesson.

Romanticism, also the Romantic era or the Romantic period, was an artistic, literary, and intellectual movement that originated in Europe toward the end of the 18th century and in most areas was at its peak in the approximate period from 1800 to 1850. It was also a revolt against aristocratic social and political norms of the Age of Enlightenment and a reaction against the scientific rationalization of nature. It was embodied most strongly in the visual arts, music, and literature, but had a major impact on historiography, education and the natural sciences. Its effect on politics was considerable and complex; while for much of the peak Romantic period it was associated with liberalism and radicalism, in the long term its effect on the growth of nationalism was probably more significant. Romanticism first showed itself in landscape painting, where from as early as the 1760s British artists began to turn to wilder landscapes and storms, and Gothic architecture, even if they had to make do with Wales as a setting. The arrival of Romanticism in French art was delayed by the strong hold of Neoclassicism on the academies, but from the Napoleonic period it became increasingly popular, initially in the form of history paintings propagandising for the new regime. Sculpture remained largely impervious to Romanticism, probably partly for technical reasons, as the most prestigious material of the day, marble, does not lend itself to expansive gestures. As usual I have copies and reproductions of various Romantic artworks around the classroom that you may look upon at your leisure after the lesson."

Tanna walked over to her chalkboard where a perfectly drawn circle with various colors were drawn onto it. "A Color Wheel or color circle is an abstract illustrative organization of color hues around a circle that shows relationships between primary colors, secondary colors, complementary colors,etc. In a paint or subtractive color wheel, the "center of gravity" is usually (but not always) black, representing all colors of light being absorbed; in a color circle, on the other hand, the center is white or gray, indicating a mixture of different wavelengths of light (all wavelengths, or two complementary colors, for example).
                                            The arrangement of colors around the color circle is often considered to be in correspondence with the wavelengths of light, as opposed to hues, in accord with the original color circle of Isaac Newton. Modern color circles include the purples, however, between red and violet. The typical artists' paint or pigment color wheel includes the blue, red, and yellow primary colors. The corresponding secondary colors are green, orange, and violet or purple. The tertiary colors are red–orange, red–violet, yellow–orange, yellow–green, blue–violet and blue–green.
                                            There is no straight-line relationship between colors mixed in pigment, which vary from medium to medium. As such, a painter's color wheel is indicative rather than predictive, being used to compare existing colors rather than calculate exact colors of mixtures. Because of differences relating to the medium, different color wheels can be created according to the type of paint or other medium used, and many artists make their own individual color wheels. These often contain only blocks of color rather than the gradation between tones that is characteristic of the color circle.

For today I'd like you to create a personal color wheel using the primary colors of Blue, Red, Yellow, and White. Create the color combinations to reflect you and what you like to reflect in your art."

[Wearing: Wearing] [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New year!] [OOC:]

Julian Galaksylph

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:46 am
So sweet,

Desiree Whitethorne
Kiery Hemlock
Su-Jin Cho
Sybille LeBeau

Tanna waited on her desk for her small amount of students to arrive before she went over to the board and wrote Waterhouse before turning with a smile to face them.
                                            "John William Waterhouse (April 1849-10 February 1917) was an English painter known for working in the Pre-Raphaelite style. He worked several decades after the breakup of the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood, which had seen its heyday in the mid-nineteenth century, leading him to have gained the moniker of "the modern Pre-Raphaelite". Borrowing stylistic influences not only from the earlier Pre-Raphaelites but also from his contemporaries, the Impressionists, his artworks were known for their depictions of women from both ancient Greek mythology and Arthurian legend.

Waterhouse's early works were not Pre-Raphaelite in nature, but were of classical themes in the spirit of Alma-Tadema and Frederic Leighton. These early works were exhibited at the Dudley Gallery, and the Society of British Artists, and in 1874 his painting Sleep and his Half-brother Death was exhibited at the Royal Academy summer exhibition. The painting was a success and Waterhouse would exhibit at the annual exhibition every year until 1916, with the exception of 1890 and 1915. He then went from strength to strength in the London art scene, with his 1876 piece After the Dance being given the prime position in that year's summer exhibition. Perhaps due to his success, his paintings typically became larger and larger in size.

One of Waterhouse's most famous paintings is The Lady of Shalott, a study of Elaine of Astolat, who dies of grief when Lancelot will not love her. He actually painted three different versions of this character, in 1888, 1894, and 1916. Another of Waterhouse's favorite subjects was Ophelia; the most famous of his paintings of Ophelia depicts her just before her death, putting flowers in her hair as she sits on a tree branch leaning over a lake. As always, I have recreations of all his works on the walls for you to view after the lesson."
                                            Tanna gestured lightly at the paintings lining the wall before turning back to her students.

"Great jobs on your color wheels by the way, very expressive and very insightful. Now that the lecture is out of the way, we'll be learning proper painting techniques which is sort of difficult to go over. There are just so many types of paint and supplies that some techniques don't work well with certain types like it does with others. The painting mediums are oil, pastel, watercolor, acrylic, ink, hot wax, fresco, gouache, enamel, spray paint, tempera, and water miscible oil paint! So much fun and so little time..." she pouted a bit but put her smile right back on her face. "Oh well, we'll just have to make do. If you've noticed it or not I've placed the different mediums in different stations all around the room so you may try for yourself which ones you like but before that I do have a few techniques that seem to work well with either all or the majority.
                                            Be precise but not picky. Some paints like watercolor are difficult because if you make a mistake you can't chip it off like you can for oil. However, you can repaint or blot over the area or just incorporate the mistake into your final presentation no one will notice! Painting is an expression not a doctrine.
                                            Sketch it first. This may not always work, especially with spray paints and some water based paints but lightly sketching your desired product may help with either keeping that in mind or show you how to enhance it.
                                            Finally, Take it easy take it slow. Painting is not a game of Quidditch, though the rewards can be just as great. Just like with sketching take your time, it will still be there if you decide to leave it for a while. Trust me." she chuckled thinking of all her unfinished paintings in the back."
                                            Suddenly Tanna clapped and made shooing gestures towards the stations. "Go on go on! Take a look give it a shot." she told them eagerly.

Julian Galaksylph

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Cara MiaKitty

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:56 pm
So sweet,

Desiree Whitethorne
Kiery Hemlock
Su-Jin Cho
Sybille LeBeau

Tanna waited on her desk for her small amount of students to arrive before she went over to the board and wrote Goya before turning with a smile to face them.
                                            "Francisco José de Goya y Lucientes (30 March 1746 – 16 April 1828 ) was a Spanish romantic painter and printmaker regarded both as the last of the Old Masters and the first of the moderns. Goya was court painter to the Spanish Crown; throughout the Peninsular War he remained in Madrid, where he painted the portrait of Joseph Bonaparte, pretender to the Spanish throne, and documented the war in the masterpiece of studied ambiguity known as the Desastres de la Guerra. Through his works he was both a commentator on and chronicler of his era. The subversive imaginative element in his art, as well as his bold handling of paint, provided a model for the work of artists of later generations, notably Manet, Picasso and Francis Bacon.

At age 14, Goya studied under the painter José Luzán. He moved to Madrid where he studied with Anton Raphael Mengs, a painter who was popular with Spanish royalty. He clashed with his master, and his examinations were unsatisfactory. Goya submitted entries for the Royal Academy of Fine Art in 1763 and 1766, but was denied entrance. He then relocated to Rome, where in 1771 he won second prize in a painting competition organized by the City of Parma. Later that year, he returned to Saragossa and painted parts of the cupolas of the Basilica of the Pillar (including Adoration of the Name of God), a cycle of frescoes in the monastic church of the Charterhouse of Aula Dei, and the frescoes of the Sobradiel Palace. He studied with Francisco Bayeu y Subías and his painting began to show signs of the delicate tonalities for which he became famous.

Goya married Bayeu's sister Josefa (he nicknamed her "Pepa'') on 25 July 1773. This marriage, and Francisco Bayeu's membership of the Royal Academy of Fine Art (from the year 1765) helped Goya to procure work as a painter of designs to be woven by the Royal Tapestry Factory. There, over the course of five years, he designed some 42 patterns, many of which were used to decorate (and insulate) the bare stone walls of El Escorial and the Palacio Real del Pardo, the residences of the Spanish monarchs near Madrid. This brought his artistic talents to the attention of the Spanish monarchs who later would give him access to the royal court. He also painted a canvas for the altar of the Church of San Francisco El Grande in Madrid, which led to his appointment as a member of the Royal Academy of Fine Art.

At some time between late 1792 and early 1793, a serious illness (the exact nature of which is not known) left Goya deaf, and he became withdrawn and introspective. During his recuperation, he undertook a series of experimental paintings. His experimental art—which would encompass paintings and drawings as well as a bitterly expressive series of aquatinted etchings, published in 1799 under the title Caprichos—was done in parallel to his more official commissions of portraits and religious paintings. In 1798 he painted luminous and airy scenes for the pendentives and cupola of the Real Ermita (Chapel) of San Antonio de la Florida in Madrid. Many of these depict miracles of Saint Anthony of Padua set in the midst of contemporary Madrid.

His wife died in 1812 allowing him to mentally and emotionally process the current war going on with Spain as well as his mourning. During this time he created prints later known as The Disasters of War (Los desastres de la guerra). In 1819, with the idea of isolating himself, he bought a country house by the Manzanares river just outside of Madrid. It was known as the Quinta del Sordo (roughly, "House of the Deaf Man", titled after its previous owner and not after Goya himself). There he created the Black Paintings with intense, haunting themes, reflective of the artist's fear of insanity and his outlook on humanity. Several of these, including Saturn Devouring His Son, were painted directly onto the walls of his dining and sitting rooms."
                                            Goya was, admittedly, not one of Tanna's favorite artists mainly because of his rather dark subject matter but as per usual she had reproductions of his work scattered throughout the classroom. At least she could move on to happier notes.

That thought in mind she went over to the chalkboard to write Painting enchantments before turning back towards the small class and clapping lightly to gather their attention from their notes.
                                            "Alright now that Goya's done, we've gone over everything you had concerns over from previous classes, colors and their overlapping properties, and of course techniques. Now it's time to put it all together! Today we'll be using a simple and relatively easy painting enchantment to make whatever you paint today move.
                                            If you can remember the sketching enchantment, Motconscripto then know that the technique for that is relatively similar to this one. Paint your background, moving or non-moving, your moving subject, and your creative plot. Unlike the sketching one however, a paints enchantments are fuller more..personal. Sketches are lines and shadings put on parchment, painting takes time and measured critical strokes. In the old days painting truly did take blood, sweat, and tears it's why there are so many different painting enchantments. The one we're using today is the generalized one but takes the most focus because of it's generalization. That's the main reason most wait until their fifth or sixth year to try. Once you have completed your painting take your wand and hold it as close to the painting as you can and speak these words very clearly while imaging your desired effect: Mobitabella. If you need me, you know where to find me!"
                                            Tanna couldn't wait to see the artwork her talented students would create.

[Wearing: Wearing] [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Continuing on] [OOC:]

Julian Galaksylph

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:27 pm
So sweet,

Felix Geary
Ophelia Selwyn
Maisie Thorburn

Kungfudemoness

Essy ze Ninja

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:41 pm
So sweet,

Felix Geary
Ophelia Selwyn
Maisie Thorburn

Suddenly Tanna clapped and made shooing gestures towards the stations. "Go on go on! Take a look give it a shot." she told them eagerly.

Kungfudemoness

Essy ze Ninja

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:39 pm
So sweet,

Cian Quinlan
Jackson Hawthorne
Edric Nott
Quentin Devereux

Kungfudemoness

Essy ze Ninja

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:41 am
So sweet,

Cian Quinlan
Jackson Hawthorne
Edric Nott
Quentin Devereux

Kungfudemoness

Essy ze Ninja

murruelecreuset

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:36 pm
So sweet,

Ilene Warlow

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:25 pm
So sweet,

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:04 pm
So sweet,

User Image
User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500