Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Seventh Year Classes
Art V~ Open- Sketching Review Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:24 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Art - Thursday @ 8:00am

Mira loved art and hearing what the task was for this week she was grateful. In fact she was delighted at the idea of doing a painting of someone close to her. Timothy was close to her. That was definitely someone she could draw with her eyes closed. She spent a lot of time with him when not with the rest of her family. Getting to work, the Slytherin smiled. Yeah she knew what she was doing. She'd compare it to the real thing later. It would give her a reason to hang with Timothy, not that she needed one.

User Image

With: Class...

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:36 am
Three little birds sat on my window.
And they told me I don't need to worry.
Summer came like cinnamon
So sweet,
Little girls double-dutch on the concrete.

User Image
User Image

¤ Artist ¤ Married ¤ Mother of Three

[Class List]
Selina Grey

Tanna was always excited to deal with her seventh years even though it was rather bittersweet knowing that this would be her last year with them. For this year there would be no real lesson plans, just lessons that help review for their NEWT's, she thought they'd appreciate that at least. As it were she only had a handful in this class so instead of desks there were soft poufs to sit upon with lap pads in case they wanted to sketch during the hour along with buckets of clay with pottery wheels and other mediums set up around the room. Class time was going to be used to practice or perfect their favorite or at least the ones they weren't too comfortable with. "Hello and welcome to Art V. I'm so proud of you guys for sticking with this for so long and I'm happy to report that you're nearly at the end of a long and colorful tunnel. Nearly all of you I've had since I started teaching here, which to you seems like a million years ago, and I want you to know h-how special you all are to me and know how much I'm going to miss you all once you've graduated." Tanna had to pause for a few seconds to dab her eyes with a handkerchief before she started back again with a ready grin.
"Since you're seventh years and on the fast track to your NEWT's at the end of this school term I thought you would appreciate having a few hours each week to perfect your skills for the test. So for today I'd like you to review your sketching. Lines, shading, structure, everything! And for added instruction, I'd like for you to go out and draw something personal to you. It could be a place, an object, a person, anything! So have fun and lets get sketching!" Tanna clapped happily and laughed.

Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,
Just go ahead, let your hair down.

[Wearing: Wearing] [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited/Happy] [Thinking: New year!] [OOC:]

Graydon Ironshield

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:10 pm
User Image
                                      And you don't seem the lying kind
                                      A shame you seemed an honest man
                                      And all the fears you hold so dear

User Image

════════════════════════

Seventh Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅶ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Prefect |Ⅶ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

It felt a bit weird for Selina to have a class almost to herself, but that was what she had for her Art class. She'd read all of Hannah's notes on the subject of Art History, as she knew Art and Art History were folded into one class now. What she couldn't glean from that, she was able to go to a Muggle library and do some serious research on the subject. Needless to say, she came away with reams of notes on the subject, giving her plenty of grist for review discussion.

When she arrived, Selina smiled, and she said, "Hello, professor. Did you have a nice summer?" She then presented her with a gift, an expensive coffee table art book she found in the bookstore at an art gallery in Dublin, one which had opened up quite recently. Selina thought her teacher would find the subject of Seventeenth Century Irish painters interesting, and the book was lavishly illustrated.

Once class began, Selina started sketching, and soon she was rewarded with a depiction of her boyfriend, sans the eyepatch he'd worn for so many years. She liked the fact she could see all of his face now...

════════════════════════
                                      OOC: Taken by Layton Bannister
                                      User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Will turn to whisper in your ear
                                      and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                      But you know that it means so much
                                      And you don't even feel a thing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:31 pm
So sweet,

User Image
User Image

[Class List]
Selina Grey

Tanna walked into her art classroom and plopped onto one of the many comfortable poufs on the floor while she waited for her students to come inside. Once they were all in and comfortable she began.
"Hello all! I hope that you're all hard at work studying for your NEWT's in your other classes so that you can enjoy today's lax lesson. Today will be one of our many game days, Name That Painting! I will be describing to you a painting and you will tell me its name and who painted it for house points. Bonus points will be awarded if you can tell me the period it was painted it!

Our first painting is one of the most well known in the world and while known commonly by a name, it's original name is usually forgotten which is The Company of captain Frans Banning Cocq and lieutenant Willem van Ruytenburch preparing to march out. Rather long name right? Well it matches because the painting itself is rather use, an unusual occurrence during the time period, which was the peak of the Dutch Golden Age. C'mon, I gave major spoilers here!"
Tanna laughed as she urged her students to guess.

[Wearing: Wearing] [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited/Happy] [Thinking: Continuing on!] [OOC:]

Graydon Ironshield

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:19 pm
So sweet,

User Image
User Image

[Class List:]
Pamela Gautreaux
Avian Lovette
Cordelia Quimby-Winthrop
Lionel Lira
Alice Beckstead

Tanna was always excited to deal with her seventh years even though it was rather bittersweet knowing that this would be her last year with them. For this year there would be no real lesson plans, just lessons that help review for their NEWT's, she thought they'd appreciate that at least. As it were she only had a handful in this class so instead of desks there were soft poufs to sit upon with lap pads in case they wanted to sketch during the hour along with buckets of clay with pottery wheels and other mediums set up around the room. Class time was going to be used to practice or perfect their favorite or at least the ones they weren't too comfortable with. "Hello and welcome to Art V. I'm so proud of you guys for sticking with this for so long and I'm happy to report that you're nearly at the end of a long and colorful tunnel. I want you to know h-how special you all are to me and know how much I'm going to miss you all once you've graduated." Tanna had to pause for a few seconds to dab her eyes with a handkerchief before she started back again with a ready grin.
"Since you're seventh years and on the fast track to your NEWT's at the end of this school term I thought you would appreciate having a few hours each week to perfect your skills for the test. So for today I'd like you to review your sketching. Lines, shading, structure, everything! And for added instruction, I'd like for you to go out and draw something personal to you. It could be a place, an object, a person, anything! So have fun and lets get sketching!" Tanna clapped happily and laughed.

Cara MiaKitty

Jade Galaksylph

kiska166

RedEagleEye007

mc2

[Wearing: Wearing] [With: Class] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New year new students] [OOC:]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:50 pm
So sweet,

User Image
User Image

Emma Bailey
Siobhan 'Hannah' Grey

Tanna was always excited to deal with her seventh years even though it was rather bittersweet knowing that this would be her last year with them. For this year there would be no real lesson plans, just lessons that help review for their NEWT's, she thought they'd appreciate that at least. As it were she only had a handful in this class so instead of desks there were soft poufs to sit upon with lap pads in case they wanted to sketch during the hour along with buckets of clay with pottery wheels and other mediums set up around the room. Class time was going to be used to practice or perfect their favorite or at least the ones they weren't too comfortable with. "Hello and welcome to Art V. I'm so proud of you guys for sticking with this for so long and I'm happy to report that you're nearly at the end of a long and colorful tunnel. Nearly all of you I've had since I started teaching here, which to you seems like a million years ago, and I want you to know h-how special you all are to me and know how much I'm going to miss you all once you've graduated." Tanna had to pause for a few seconds to dab her eyes with a handkerchief before she started back again with a ready grin.

Graydon Ironshield

murruelecreuset

[Wearing: Wearing] [With: Class] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited/A little melancholy] [Thinking: New year] [OOC:]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:59 am
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey
Hufflepuff PrefectSeventh YearSeventeen Years OldSingle

Of all her teachers, Hannah was really going to miss Professor Hawthorne, and she a bit choked up when her teacher tried not to cry in front of her and Emma. She loved her, as saw her as being kinda like family, and the Seventh Year made a point of having a basket loaded full of Mother Grey's homemade preserves and baked goods, knowing the gift would be appreciated. When she got comfortable and started to sketch, her thoughts turned toward the boy she'd been crushing on recently, and her drawing of him was what she was working on now.

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:48 pm
User Image

Dating Alethea Butler
User Image
User Image
                                                        Location : Art Class - Thursday @ 8:00am

Emma had always enjoyed art. To her it wasn’t a class. It was fun. Taking a seat on one of the soft poufs in the room, she smiled brightly. It may be bittersweet but she wouldn’t trade the time for anything. Listening to Professor Hawthorne’s words it tugged at Emma’s heart strings a bit. She’d miss her art professor. With the plan for the day the seventh year Hufflepuff was more than happy to sit with a lap pad and work on her sketches. After all sketching was her favourite activity and she could easily think of something to sketch out. While doing so she thought of what she could do for a sort of goodbye gift for her.

With: Class...

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

Somewhere you'll fit in huh?
                                                        A loyal friend like you?
                                                        I think you'll have no trouble fitting in here!
                                                        Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:36 am
So sweet,

User Image
User Image

Emma Bailey
Siobhan 'Hannah' Grey

Tanna walked into her art classroom and plopped onto one of the many comfortable poufs on the floor while she waited for her students to come inside. Once they were all in and comfortable she began.
"Hello all! I hope you had a wonderful welcome week and that you're all hard at work studying for your NEWT's. Today will be one of our many game days, Name That Painting! I will be describing to you a painting and you will tell me its name and who painted it for house points. Bonus points will be awarded if you can tell me the period it was painted it!

Our first painting is one of the most well known in the world and while known commonly by a name, it's original name is usually forgotten which is The Company of captain Frans Banning Cocq and lieutenant Willem van Ruytenburch preparing to march out. Rather long name right? Well it matches because the painting itself is rather use, an unusual occurrence during the time period, which was the peak of the Dutch Golden Age. C'mon, I gave major spoilers here!"

Graydon Ironshield

murruelecreuset

[Wearing: Wearing] [With: Class] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited/A little melancholy] [Thinking: New year] [OOC:]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:03 pm
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey

Hannah had been studying art for much of the summer, and she recognized the painting when it she saw it. "It's usually referred to as 'Night Watch', Professor Hawthorne," she answered, after raising her hand. "Although, the name's not really accurate, because the only reason people thought the scene took place at night was because of the dark varnish which was used after Rembrandt painted it. It is one of the most famous paintings from the Dutch Golden Age, and is noted for symbolizing the unity between Dutch Protestants and Catholics, which I'd say was pretty unusual, during the Dutch War of Independence. The painting is also known for its huge size, the figures are almost life-sized in the original, the effective use of tenebrism, and the perception of motion in what would normally be a pretty static subject." Hannah felt pretty pleased she was able to dredge up that bit of information from her studies over the summer.

OOC:
Username

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:44 am
So sweet,

User Image
User Image

Emma Bailey
Siobhan 'Hannah' Grey

Tanna walked back into the art classroom and plopped onto one of the cushioned poufs on the floor while she waited for her class. When everyone was situated and comfortable she began.
"Hello hello! I hope you all had fun last week with your sketch review because you'll be doing it again this week only with painting. For today's work and this week's homework I want you to create a portrait of someone close to you and then enchant it. If you cannot recall the spell used to enchant paintings, its 'Mobitabella' and all the wand movement needed is soft swish and point. I look forward to seeing your hard work!" Tanna grinned and shooed them over to the painting supplies..

Graydon Ironshield

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:46 pm
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey

Hannah had been doing a lot of practice during her free time and Art Club, the latter was a nice way to really have fun and try out things she might not be comfortable doing in class or for her NEWT. She'd given her younger sister pointers on the painting enchantment, as it was not an easy Charm to master, owing to all the things it was capable of.

The Seventh Year decided to create a painting of the cousin whom had grown into the role of her older sister, Selina, accompanied by Lugh and Cuchulain, her faithful Irish Wolfhounds, knowing Professor Hawthorne would instantly recognize her former student from the likeness. She created a scene where she was hugging the two dogs and laughing while they gave her face a tongue-bath. It was certainly a not-so-serious vignette, but it was a candid look at somebody whom usually tried so hard to show herself to be so serious all the time.

As Hannah worked, she smiled and hummed a soft tune as the time passed quickly and the image came into being, making it as photo-realistic as she could with her materials. When she ready, Hannah cast the Charm, and was rewarded with an animated scene of her older cousin, catching her in an unguarded moment, where she was getting licked by her two dogs. She couldn't help but smile and chuckle at the image, having seen it for real many times before.

OOC:
Username

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:55 am
So sweet,

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kiera Murdoch
Fianna Grey

Tanna was always excited to deal with her seventh years even though it was rather bittersweet knowing that this would be her last year with them. For this year there would be no real lesson plans, just lessons that help review for their NEWT's, she thought they'd appreciate that at least. As it were she only had a handful in this class so instead of desks there were soft poufs to sit upon with lap pads in case they wanted to sketch during the hour along with buckets of clay with pottery wheels and other mediums set up around the room. Class time was going to be used to practice or perfect their favorite or at least the ones they weren't too comfortable with. "Hello and welcome to Art V. I'm so proud of you guys for sticking with this for so long and I'm happy to report that you're nearly at the end of a long and colorful tunnel. I've had the privilege to watch you all grow into your respective artistry and I would like you to know just how proud I am of you all." Tanna had to pause for a few seconds to make sure her eyes weren't running and when she felt composed she started again.

Cara MiaKitty

Graydon Ironshield

[Wearing: Wearing] [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New Year!] [OOC:]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:30 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Seventh Year Seventeen Years OldSingle

It was kinda depressing for Fianna to think she wouldn't be here in Art Class after this year. She adored Professor Hawthorne and loved to make thing; the class also gave her a chance to relax a little, given some of the other classes she took were pretty serious in terms of workload and effort required. This was why she was here, even though she had no plans to be an artist like her older sister did, she liked it here because it was fun. Upon arriving, she set a basket full of homemade preserves and baked goods from Mother Grey's kitchen. "Hi, Professor," she said sunnily. "Did you get to do anything fun over the summer?"

As class got started, Fianna sat down in one of the poufs, and relaxed while setting work on a sketch. Just for fun, she decided to start drawing a sketch of her cat.

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:36 pm
So sweet,

Kiera Murdoch
Fianna Grey

"Hello all! I hope you had a wonderful welcome week and that you're all hard at work studying for your NEWT's. Today will be one of our many game days, Name That Painting! I will be describing to you a painting and you will tell me its name and who painted it for house points. Bonus points will be awarded if you can tell me the period it was painted it!

Cara MiaKitty

Graydon Ironshield

[Wearing: Wearing] [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New Year!] [OOC:]

Seventh Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff