Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Seventh Year Classes
Art V~ Open- Sketching Review Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:33 am
Three little birds sat on my window.
And they told me I don't need to worry.
Summer came like cinnamon
So sweet,
Little girls double-dutch on the concrete.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

¤ Artist ¤ Married ¤ Mother of Three

[Class List:]
Kiera Murdoch
Fianna Grey

Tanna walked back into the art classroom and plopped onto one of the cushioned poufs on the floor while she waited for her class. When everyone was situated and comfortable she began. "Hello hello! I hope you all had fun last week with your sketch review because you'll be doing it again this week only with painting. For today's work and this week's homework I want you to create a portrait of someone close to you and then enchant it. If you cannot recall the spell used to enchant paintings, its 'Mobitabella' and all the wand movement needed is soft swish and point. I look forward to seeing your hard work!" Tanna grinned and shooed them over to the painting supplies.

Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,
Just go ahead, let your hair down.

Cara MiaKitty

Graydon Ironshield

[Wearing: Wearing] [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New Year!] [OOC:]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:04 pm
So sweet,

Kazuki Kimura

Tanna was always excited to deal with her seventh years even though it was rather bittersweet knowing that this would be her last year with them. For this year there would be no real lesson plans, just lessons that help review for their NEWT's, she thought they'd appreciate that at least. As it were she only had a handful in this class so instead of desks there were soft poufs to sit upon with lap pads in case they wanted to sketch during the hour along with buckets of clay with pottery wheels and other mediums set up around the room. Class time was going to be used to practice or perfect their favorite or at least the ones they weren't too comfortable with. "Hello and welcome to Art V. I'm so proud of you guys for sticking with this for so long and I'm happy to report that you're nearly at the end of a long and colorful tunnel. I've had the privilege to watch you all grow into your respective artistry and I would like you to know just how proud I am of you all." Tanna had to pause for a few seconds to make sure her eyes weren't running and when she felt composed she started again.
"Since you're seventh years and on the fast track to your NEWT's at the end of this school term I thought you would appreciate having a few hours each week to perfect your skills for the test. So for today I'd like you to review your sketching. Lines, shading, structure, everything! And for added instruction, I'd like for you to go out and draw something personal to you. It could be a place, an object, a person, anything! So have fun and lets get sketching!" Tanna clapped happily and laughed.

Red Hot Missy

[Wearing: Wearing] [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New Year!] [OOC:]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:54 am
So sweet,

Kazuki Kimura

Tanna walked into her art classroom and plopped onto one of the many comfortable poufs on the floor while she waited for her students to come inside. Once they were all in and comfortable she began.
"Hello all! I hope you had a wonderful welcome week and that you're all hard at work studying for your NEWT's. Today will be one of our many game days, Name That Painting! I will be describing to you a painting and you will tell me its name and who painted it for house points. Bonus points will be awarded if you can tell me the period it was painted it!

Our first painting is one of the most well known in the world and while known commonly by a name, it's original name is usually forgotten which is The Company of captain Frans Banning Cocq and lieutenant Willem van Ruytenburch preparing to march out. Rather long name right? Well it matches because the painting itself is rather use, an unusual occurrence during the time period, which was the peak of the Dutch Golden Age. C'mon, I gave major spoilers here!"
Tanna laughed as she urged her students to guess.

Red Hot Missy

[Wearing: Wearing] [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Continuing on!] [OOC:]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:13 am
So sweet,

Kazuki Kimura

Tanna walked back into the art classroom and plopped onto one of the cushioned poufs on the floor while she waited for her class. When everyone was situated and comfortable she began.
"Hello hello! I hope you all had fun last week with your sketch review because you'll be doing it again this week only with painting. For today's work and this week's homework I want you to create a portrait of someone close to you and then enchant it. If you cannot recall the spell used to enchant paintings, its 'Mobitabella' and all the wand movement needed is soft swish and point. I look forward to seeing your hard work!" Tanna grinned and shooed them over to the painting supplies.

Red Hot Missy

[Wearing: Wearing] [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Continuing on!] [OOC:]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:24 pm
So sweet,

Ruaridh Murdoch
Skylar Macclellan
Rebekah Heartwood
Candace Mackenzie
Minako Tanaka
Reuben Horne

Tanna was always excited to deal with her seventh years even though it was rather bittersweet knowing that this would be her last year with them. For this year there would be no real lesson plans, just lessons that help review for their NEWT's, she thought they'd appreciate that at least. As it were she only had a handful in this class so instead of desks there were soft poufs to sit upon with lap pads in case they wanted to sketch during the hour along with buckets of clay with pottery wheels and other mediums set up around the room. Class time was going to be used to practice or perfect their favorite or at least the ones they weren't too comfortable with. "Hello and welcome to Art V. I'm so proud of you guys for sticking with this for so long and I'm happy to report that you're nearly at the end of a long and colorful tunnel. I've had the privilege to watch you all grow into your respective artistry and I would like you to know just how proud I am of you all." Tanna had to pause for a few seconds to make sure her eyes weren't running and when she felt composed she started again.
                                            "Since you're seventh years and on the fast track to your NEWT's at the end of this school term I thought you would appreciate having a few hours each week to perfect your skills for the test. So for today I'd like you to review your sketching. Lines, shading, structure, everything! And for added instruction, I'd like for you to go out and draw something personal to you. It could be a place, an object, a person, anything! So have fun and lets get sketching!" Tanna clapped happily and laughed.

[Wearing: Wearing] [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New year!] [OOC:]

Cara MiaKitty

Miss GryffindorK

Summer II

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:06 pm
So sweet,

Ruaridh Murdoch
Skylar Macclellan
Rebekah Heartwood
Candace Mackenzie
Minako Tanaka
Reuben Horne

Tanna walked into her art classroom and plopped onto one of the many comfortable poufs on the floor while she waited for her students to come inside. Once they were all in and comfortable she began.
                                            "Hello all! I hope you had a wonderful welcome week and that you're all hard at work studying for your NEWT's. Today will be one of our many game days, Name That Painting! I will be describing to you a painting and you will tell me its name and who painted it for house points. Bonus points will be awarded if you can tell me the period it was painted it!

Our first painting is one of the most well known in the world and while known commonly by a name, it's original name is usually forgotten which is The Company of captain Frans Banning Cocq and lieutenant Willem van Ruytenburch preparing to march out. Rather long name right? Well it matches because the painting itself is rather use, an unusual occurrence during the time period, which was the peak of the Dutch Golden Age. C'mon, I gave major spoilers here!"
                                            Tanna laughed as she urged her students to guess.

Cara MiaKitty

Miss GryffindorK

Summer II

murruelecreuset

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:42 am
So sweet,

Ruaridh Murdoch
Skylar Macclellan
Rebekah Heartwood
Candace Mackenzie
Minako Tanaka
Reuben Horne

Tanna walked back into the art classroom and plopped onto one of the cushioned poufs on the floor while she waited for her class. When everyone was situated and comfortable she began. "Hello hello! I hope you all had fun last week with your sketch review because you'll be doing it again this week only with painting. For today's work and this week's homework I want you to create a portrait of someone close to you and then enchant it. If you cannot recall the spell used to enchant paintings, its 'Mobitabella' and all the wand movement needed is soft swish and point. I look forward to seeing your hard work!" Tanna grinned and shooed them over to the painting supplies.

Cara MiaKitty

Miss GryffindorK

Summer II

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:01 pm
So sweet,

Jillian Faulkner
Driskol Abrams
Chrysanthemum Meadows

Kungfudemoness

Miss GryffindorK

Cara MiaKitty

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:19 pm
So sweet,

[Class List]
Gertrude Stanford

Tanna was always excited to deal with her seventh years even though it was rather bittersweet knowing that this would be her last year with them. For this year there would be no real lesson plans, just lessons that help review for their NEWT's, she thought they'd appreciate that at least. As it were she only had a handful in this class so instead of desks there were soft poufs to sit upon with lap pads in case they wanted to sketch during the hour along with buckets of clay with pottery wheels and other mediums set up around the room. Class time was going to be used to practice or perfect their favorite or at least the ones they weren't too comfortable with. "Hello and welcome to Art V! You're all probably going to be very busy this year reviewing for all your other classes for your upcoming NEWT's and this one is no exception. Though there is going to be one notable difference this year: instead of having you all come and review, I've decided to also give you a year long project! Now don't get too afraid, the project isn't graded, think of it more as extra special extra credit kind of. Since last year you've been working on and perfecting a specific medium (or mediums for a few of you) so now it's time to bring all that talent to the table, so to speak. You'll still have to come to class and do reviews-that will be graded in case you thought there wouldn't be grades this year-but this is something for you to do on your off time. Especially since most of the reviews are going to be pathetically short so you'll have much more time to work on your masterpiece. Isn't that exciting?!" Tanna exclaimed clapping happily from her pouf. She'd come up with the idea years ago actually but just never got around to actually implementing it. Which in layman terms means going to the Headmaster and getting it approved (she wasn't afraid she was just highly cautious). She had completed artworks from many students dating back to her first few years hanging on the walls or standing tall upon their stands or pedestals that they'd either asked her to keep or even gifted her with upon their graduation. It's a nice thought having a small piece of every student waiting for her still in their art room. "A few more quick notes about the project! It can be anything and can be created using any medium you feel comfortable with. Annndd as an added bonus because you're my trusted seventh years, if enough of you ask me beforehand, I'll even leave the door unlocked so you can come in before curfew to continue working on your artwork. As long as work is getting done, I see no problem trusting you guys. Now, on to the review! Today's is pretty simple, we'll be doing sketching practices. On the boards are short important notes in regards to shading, definition, space, etc. in case you need it. You have until the end of class to work and hand it in, chopchop!" the professor emphasized her words with short claps towards her small group of students.

murruelecreuset

[Wearing: Wearing [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New year!] [OOC:]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:10 pm
So sweet,

[Class List]
Gertrude Stanford

Tanna was already seated on a pouf with her sketchpad in her lap and a palate of watercolors beside her. She found she was always enlightened for watercolor work after her fourth years were introduced to it. When the last of her students were in and on their own poufs, she carefully put down her art and smiled welcoming at them. "Good to see you! How are your final projects going? Good I hope! From the bits I've seen here and there, they're going to be completely fabulous, I couldn't be any prouder! Now, as we're coming upon winter break, I know some of you won't be able to take your art with you back home to work on so if you need extra time before then, please see me after class. Regardless, if any of you would like a little extra time with your pieces before holiday break please don't hesitate to ask! Now, today we'll be reviewing painting techniques, mediums, and enchantments and for those of you who's project is with paint I'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy this lesson. Like last time, on the board are key points of interest along with the enchantment spell, 'Mobitabella.' No questions? Then get to it then! Oh, nearly forgot, homework! Turn in your last assignment on my desk and new assignment is to create an enchanted portrait of someone or something you'll miss from school. Alright, that's everything for now, get started!"

murruelecreuset

[Wearing: Wearing [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Continuing on] [OOC:]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:22 pm
So sweet,

[Class List]
Gertrude Stanford

Tanna was leaning by her desk this time before class reading the Daily Dragon as her small class trickled in. The poufs were also gone replaced with various sculpting stations for her students to work at. Hogwarts house elves were just the absolute best in her opinion. When she was sure everyone that was coming was there, she put down the paper and promptly smiled at her class. "Hello hello! I'm sure you can see what we'll be reviewing today. You'll also be reviewing the incantation which, just like sketching and painting, is already written on the board in case you've forgotten. Just like last year, I only ask that your statues be non-hazardous to yourself or to the school and to please not use up all of the chocolate if you so choose that station. I only get a certain amount a year and usually my sixth years use up a good chunk of it." she chuckled thinking about them. "But anyhoo~! I hope your projects are going well and that's all I'm going to say on the matter. Completely buttoning the lip. You shall hear about no more from me. Probably. Carry on!"

murruelecreuset

[Wearing: Wearing [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Continuing on] [OOC:]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:56 pm
So sweet,

Tanna looked over the trays of finger foods the house elves had graciously provided for them for her small exhibition. The idea of one had been dancing in her mind for as long as she could remember but it was just recently that she gathered the gumption to go and ask Steele if she could. He'd been very amicable about it and as such let her go on with planning. Throughout the years she had collected and kept numerous pieces from older graduated students and depending upon the lesson she'd put them up alongside other artists. She wanted to give her younger students the opportunity to see what they could potentially be doing in a few years as well as give her older ones the recognition she believed they all deserved. The professor had asked her fifth, sixth and of course seventh years to bring in their paintings, sculptures, and various pieces and had them arranged into lovely displays throughout the classroom. So that this didn't interfere with other class times or curfew, she'd scheduled the exhibit for an early Saturday afternoon so that her students could have the morning and evening free. Tanna made sure to smile and greet everyone who walked through the door and when she was certain everyone who was going to come was in the room she tapped loudly on her chalkboard to garner their attention. "Good afternoon and welcome to our first, and hopefully not last, art exhibit! All around, you will see various pieces made by your fifth, sixth, and seventh year classmates that they have been working on progressively throughout the year. It is my hope that you will see all work and care these students have put into their art and become inspired by it and them. So go, enjoy art, enjoy the food and just..enjoy!" she said with a final happy clap and gesture.

murruelecreuset
Gertrude Standford

Cara MiaKitty
Kiery Hemlock, Desiree Whitethorne, Nathaniel Ellerly

oyehh
Elizabeth Whyte

Graydon Ironshield
Faina Patrovna

The Forgotten Weasley
Delphinia Meadows

Diamond Wales
Sybille LeBeau

Julian Galaksylph
Su-Jin Cho

[Wearing: Wearing [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Finally!!] [OOC: So yeah. Have fun I guess? You break it you buy it? 8''D ]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:42 pm
So sweet,

[Class List]
Delphinia Meadows
Gi-Seung Cho
Faina Patrovna

Tanna was always excited to deal with her seventh years even though it was rather bittersweet knowing that this would be her last year with them. For this year there would be no real lesson plans, just lessons that help review for their NEWT's, she thought they'd appreciate that at least. As it were she only had a handful in this class so instead of desks there were soft poufs to sit upon with lap pads in case they wanted to sketch during the hour along with buckets of clay with pottery wheels and other mediums set up around the room. Class time was going to be used to practice or perfect their favorite or at least the ones they weren't too comfortable with. "Hello and welcome to Art V! You're all probably going to be very busy this year reviewing for all your other classes for your upcoming NEWT's and this one is no exception. Though there is going to be one notable difference this year: instead of having you all come and review, I've decided to also give you a year long project! Now don't get too afraid, the project isn't graded, think of it more as extra special extra credit kind of. Since last year you've been working on and perfecting a specific medium (or mediums for a few of you) so now it's time to bring all that talent to the table, so to speak. You'll still have to come to class and do reviews-that will be graded in case you thought there wouldn't be grades this year-but this is something for you to do on your off time. Especially since most of the reviews are going to be pathetically short so you'll have much more time to work on your masterpiece. Isn't that exciting?!" Tanna exclaimed clapping happily from her pouf. She'd come up with the idea years ago actually but just never got around to actually implementing it. Which in layman terms means going to the Headmaster and getting it approved (she wasn't afraid she was just highly cautious). She had completed artworks from many students dating back to her first few years hanging on the walls or standing tall upon their stands or pedestals that they'd either asked her to keep or even gifted her with upon their graduation. It's a nice thought having a small piece of every student waiting for her still in their art room. "A few more quick notes about the project! It can be anything and can be created using any medium you feel comfortable with. Annndd as an added bonus because you're my trusted seventh years, if enough of you ask me beforehand, I'll even leave the door unlocked so you can come in before curfew to continue working on your artwork. As long as work is getting done, I see no problem trusting you guys. Now, on to the review! Today's is pretty simple, we'll be doing sketching practices. On the boards are short important notes in regards to shading, definition, space, etc. in case you need it. You have until the end of class to work and hand it in, chopchop!" the professor emphasized her words with short claps towards her small group of students.

The Forgotten Weasley

Graydon Ironshield

[Wearing: Wearing [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New year!] [OOC:]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:37 pm
User Image
Faina Patrovna
Slytherin PrefectSeventh YearSeventeen Years OldSingle
Dueling Club Captain

Faina always looked forward to her Art class, as she really liked having the chance to be creative, and she adored Professor Hawthorne. She missed seeing her over the summer, and knew it was going to be hard saying good-bye when the last Art class was done this term. There was also something to be said about having the chance to ease into her Thursday, as after this she had Healing Arts, Wizard Law and History of Magic back-to-back-to-back afterward. Not exactly lightweight classes, and she needed good grades for all of them.

The year-long art project was intriguing and a challenge too good to pass over on. Extra credit was a good thing on its own, however the challenge of creating something really nice which pushed her skills and her talents ... yeah, it actually was exciting. She also liked the idea of being to work on her project, staying up in the room after curfew, when it would be peaceful and quiet. Faina's eyes lit up and she smiled as her teacher's enthusiasm worked its way into her own heart.

Once the review was done, Faina opened up her sketchpad and tucked into her practice sketches, though she kept a bit of parchment out and started jotting down the occasional note, as he mind started thinking on what she might do for her big project. The challenge had been issued, she just had to answer it.

OOC:
Username

Taken by Lucien Markov

User Image
                      "And you ask me what I want this year
                      And I try to make this kind and clear
                      Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
                      Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
                      And desire and love and empty things
                      Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:51 pm
So sweet,

[Class List]
Delphinia Meadows
Gi-Seung Cho
Faina Patrovna

Tanna was already seated on a pouf with her sketchpad in her lap and a palate of watercolors beside her. She found she was always enlightened for watercolor work after her fourth years were introduced to it. When the last of her students were in and on their own poufs, she carefully put down her art and smiled welcoming at them. "Good to see you! How are your final projects going? Good I hope! From the bits I've seen here and there, they're going to be completely fabulous, I couldn't be any prouder! Now, as we're coming upon winter break, I know some of you won't be able to take your art with you back home to work on so if you need extra time before then, please see me after class. Regardless, if any of you would like a little extra time with your pieces before holiday break please don't hesitate to ask! Now, today we'll be reviewing painting techniques, mediums, and enchantments and for those of you who's project is with paint I'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy this lesson. Like last time, on the board are key points of interest along with the enchantment spell, 'Mobitabella.' No questions? Then get to it then! Oh, nearly forgot, homework! Turn in your last assignment on my desk and new assignment is to create an enchanted portrait of someone or something you'll miss from school. Alright, that's everything for now, get started!"

The Forgotten Weasley

Graydon Ironshield

[Wearing: Wearing [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Continuing on!] [OOC:]

Seventh Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff