Total Votes : 11

darlindol17

Bashful Cutie-Pie

7,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:52 pm
I'm a 16 year-old lesbian living in Georgia (in a pretty conservative area), so I've always had pretty hard time finding a girlfriend. Recently one of my friends has managed to talk me into using a teen dating site, much against my will. The site is very questionable in my mind, as it doesn't seem to bee very well monitored. Many of the members are constantly putting sexual posts on there, and less than a day after I made my account (despite the fact that I clearly stated that I'm a lesbian) two boys sent me sexual messages, and one of them asked if I was a virgin. I didn't respond to either and just blocked them.
The site makes me uncomfortable, but at this point I've been looking for a suitable girlfriend for a while and I'm not sure where else to look. I mean, there are a few decent people on the site. As a general rule, I don't like to base one thing off of one part of it. I don't want to judge the site off of what a few shameless people do. What do you guys think? Should I stay on the site and give it a chance, or should I just give up the search? If you guys know any good dating sites for teens I'd love to hear from you.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:54 pm
well, firstly, you shouldn't rush relationships. they take time to create and build.

secondly, you're sixteen; when i was sixteen, i rushed into a relationship that ended up in my heartbreak.

thirdly, the people on this site are assholes. what are things that you consider sexual? i want to know; personally, i don't believe asking a person if they are a virgin is sexual.

fourthly, keep yo panties on, babe. good girls come to those who wait right?

fifthly, you should check out the friend chat area and chat up some of the lovely ladies of gaia, yes?  

hoenest

Darling

Pia Austin

Dedicated Consumer

8,550 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:57 pm
Howdy, well I'm a 22 year old girl from NYC if your interested in building a friendship first.

Also I think its more an issue with privacy settings in tandem with young men being completely stupid at times regarding LGBTQ issues  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:20 pm
tanqela

In response to your response:
1&2. I'm not rushing anything. I know full well that it takes time for relationships to build. I'm trying to find a girlfriend not a wife. I'm just 16.
3. You do realize I wasn't talking about Gaia, right? Also, as the messages were not sent to you, your opinion of what is and isn't sexual is not really relevant.
4. That was completely random. I'm not retarded and I'm not a whore; I know how to keep my legs closed.
5. I'm socially awkward, so the odds of me doing anything in which I have to make the first move is extremely unlikely.

P.S. None of what I said above was meant offensively. I'm extremely honest and opinionated. I just typed what I was thinking. So, if I came off as rude or angry. I didn't mean to. Just speaking my mind. So yeah. Sorry if I offended you.

Pia Austin

Seeing as though you're 6 years older than me, a friendship is the most there would be. I'm always open to making new friends.
I think it's just that men are stupid in general.

darlindol17

Bashful Cutie-Pie

7,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

hoenest

Darling

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:35 pm
darlindol17
tanqela

In response to your response:
1&2. I'm not rushing anything. I know full well that it takes time for relationships to build. I'm trying to find a girlfriend not a wife. I'm just 16.
3. You do realize I wasn't talking about Gaia, right? Also, as the messages were not sent to you, your opinion of what is and isn't sexual is not really relevant.
4. That was completely random. I'm not retarded and I'm not a whore; I know how to keep my legs closed.
5. I'm socially awkward, so the odds of me doing anything in which I have to make the first move is extremely unlikely.

P.S. None of what I said above was meant offensively. I'm extremely honest and opinionated. I just typed what I was thinking. So, if I came off as rude or angry. I didn't mean to. Just speaking my mind. So yeah. Sorry if I offended you.

oh please, i don't really care about your sharing your opinion; everybody has one. and oops, i thought you were talking about a teen dating site, mah b. well, it seems like you are rushing it imo because you want to be on a dating site and hop onto getting a girlfriend. relationships are precursors to getting married, relationships are built when two people love one another: girlfriend x girlfriend, boyfriend x boyfriend, boy x girl. you can't just make someone your girlfriend just because you want one. by my fourth comment, i meant it as "take a chill pill," not suggesting that you are a whore in any way. okay, you are socially awkward, and so are the rest of the people on gaia. this isn't the real world, throw on a facade of some sort: tell yourself you are not socially awkward and carry on.

damn, you just took my comment to like a negatively connotated start to an argument.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:45 pm
tanqela

I don't feel like responding to all of what you just said (because I'm probably going to get irritated, seeing as though I hate repeating myself), I'm just going to respond to the last part. I did not take your comment as a start to an argument. I stated my opinion. That is it.  

darlindol17

Bashful Cutie-Pie

7,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

hoenest

Darling

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:49 pm
darlindol17
tanqela

I don't feel like responding to all of what you just said (because I'm probably going to get irritated, seeing as though I hate repeating myself), I'm just going to respond to the last part. I did not take your comment as a start to an argument. I stated my opinion. That is it.

do what you like then. it's your life, not mine.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:18 am
Well, I'd get very discouraged if the first line of people to interact with me on this so called site. I sorta just, you know, passively find people I like and it escalated into nice things c: The fact that it isn't well monitored would give me a red flag. If there are boys sending you random messages, firstly they are on there just to fool around. I wouldn't stick around if I were you if the community wasn't in the best shape. There may be the creme of the crop somewhere out there, but I don't think you'll find it on this so-called site. Although, I'm curious but what is this site that you're using? Perhaps you should go looking for another if you're that concerned with finding a girlfriend. Is it that sense of loneliness after years without a relationship that you are wanting to rid of? I'm not calling you desperate in the slightest, but could it also be a confidence booster in any chance to help you come out of the closet publicly once you're happy with your partner? I know deep down that my mother will never my sexuality of being bisexual, which is why I just shut my mouth about it to make her happy. However she does know and loves me for who I am so I suppose it's a win-win situation.

Haunting Paranoia

Wheezing Bunny

darlindol17

Bashful Cutie-Pie

7,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:47 am
Haunting Paranoia

The site is called mylol.net. I'm not really all too concerned with finding a girlfriend. I am lonely, but my rabbit helps with that. The main thing is that I had a seriously bad relationship and I'm trying to get rid of that memory with a good relationship. Also, i'm not in the closet. I'm very open about my sexuality. Everybody I talk to (except for a few members of my family) knows that 'm gay.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games