Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I made an otaku avi!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

My otaku secret....
  I never saw Eva/Bleach/Naruto/etc.
  I still get into flame wars over ships.
  I think of my dakimakura or BJD as my waifu.
  I do shameful things in costume at conventions.
  Whoa, I've never done ANYTHING like that!
View Results

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:43 pm
So yeah, I had my first con of the year and was inspired to make an otaku avatar. Not what otaku want to look like, what they actualy look like. Character shirt, tutu, ridiculous shoes... Does my avi invoke memories of your teen years? Because gawd, it does mine. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It doesn't invoke any memories of my teen years because I never dressed up like that nor ever went to comic book conventions back in the day. Heck, I didn't even know of the existence of them! Maybe I should feel fortunate for that. xD

Yet I have been to comic book conventions often in the past 3 years and seen one too many teens dressed up with everything they obsess about. It's so confusing. Are they a cat? Are they a Naruto fan? Are they a Pocky fan? Are they Lolita? Nope. They are all of that and more and look... ahem... ridiculous. xD

But, that's what makes them happy. c:

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:44 pm
It also makes them easier to sell to. ;3 Once I was able to put my hand in front of someone's eye-path and lead them to exactly the thing she wanted. She nodded vigorously and we had a deal. Not a word spoken. XD

You've seen them at conventions, but just wait until you see one in a grocery store! eek  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:56 pm
I miss Papa Nurgle, he knew how to raise a family right. Kinda sucks no one has a fasination for psoriasis, boils, pneumonia, and pus as I do, but being alone with an internet connection on a planet in ******** nowhere is more than a reasonable price to pay for not being shot at by Imperium assholes every day.

The birds taste great, too.  

Supar Ingimon

Toxic Fatcat

Phaeton 2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:24 pm
I was an anti-nerd I guess. I had a passing interest in much of the same things, but I couldn't stand the other people. I would go out of the way to get my school yard chums to talk about something that wasn't anime or video games. Conventions? I'm not going out of state for that.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games