Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Pray for those in the Boston Marathon bombing

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:25 pm
Around 11:42 am, 2:42 pm Boston, The Boston Marathon was attacked by two bombs. Not much is known about the attack and what i have heard 2 people have been killed and multiple wounded. They do not know if this is a domestic attack or foreign attack, not much is really known. Nonetheless i ask you all to pray for those who are grieving, wounded and even the attackers. I dont know how but God will make a miracle out of this some how.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/15/17765308-pandemonium-witness-accounts-of-the-boston-marathon-bombing?lite

https://www.wral.com/obama-calls-mass-officials-after-explosions/12342939/?print_friendly

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-explosions-boston-marathon/story?id=18960374#.UWx0GrWUQXc

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/boston-marathon-rocked-explosions-18960661

Update: I found out that the devices that caused the explosion were small and not military grade, meaning home made. I also found out there was a third explosion at John F. Kennedy Library that went off the same time as the others. Some one knew what they were doing, they planned this. Though we don't know if JFK Library is tied to the Boston Marathon, but people assume so. There are at least 68 patients, including children admitted to hospitals, dozens admitted with 'shrapnel type wounds'. 2 dead 23 injured, Bombs described as "small portable devices", according to AP, 2 additional devices found. Fire at JFK Library being investigated as related. As of now we have no clue who cause the attack, the gov. or Homland will be looking on the internet to see if they can find anyone expressing joy and/or claiming credit to the attack. Aside from looking every where else they can think, as well as the Usual Suspects. No other devices like the bombs have been found yet but the boston police are still looking just in case. The Fire at JFK was caused by an explosion. A witness saw a trashcan explode moments after the first bomb. This attack has been deemed a terrorist attack, though they do not know if it is foreign or homegrown. Boston had their cell phone service taken down, due to the chance of the bombs being activated remotely. FBI and Homeland are trying to figure out who did this, according to the president.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:17 pm
I will pray for the people who have been injured in this bombing (sad news, indeed). I will also pray for the families of those people, especially the families who've unfortunately had one of the two deaths occur.  

calwri

Devoted Friend

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:27 am
With now 3 dead and 144 hurt, it's a tragic thing. sad Definitely will be praying.

I will also be praying for the people that were responsible for this - that they would find God in their lives and allow Him to mold their heart. Also, that the ones who did this will face the consequences of their actions.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:19 am
An 8-year old died in Boston Bombing. Let's pray for his soul and also those who died and were injured in this tragic event.  

yelyah001

x XBliss Wasnt EnoughX x

Sparkly Dark Elf

20,875 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:29 am
This is horrible news. It just makes me think: what has our world come to, that people would enjoy causing pain to others? I wish Jesus would come back soon; I'm so ready for Heaven. I will pray diligently for those families affected. They didn't deserve this.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:48 pm
x XBliss Wasnt EnoughX x
This is horrible news. It just makes me think: what has our world come to, that people would enjoy causing pain to others? I wish Jesus would come back soon; I'm so ready for Heaven. I will pray diligently for those families affected. They didn't deserve this.

Our world is slowly falling apart, but this is not even the worst that is to come.  

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100

x XBliss Wasnt EnoughX x

Sparkly Dark Elf

20,875 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:29 pm
911child

Our world is slowly falling apart, but this is not even the worst that is to come.
All the more reason to pray. but you know what? God's gonna be with us the whole way. We have His protection, and when the End comes, I'm not going to be afraid. He'll always be with us, and I'm so thankful for that.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:35 pm
x XBliss Wasnt EnoughX x
911child

All the more reason to pray. but you know what? God's gonna be with us the whole way. We have His protection, and when the End comes, I'm not going to be afraid. He'll always be with us, and I'm so thankful for that.

I hope i didnt come off the wrong way razz , but yes this world is falling apart, the more reason to pray, this will get worse, so we must draw close to the one who will never fall. Yes we will die, but we will gain our lives through our deaths. Never stop praying, never stop believing, never stop spreading God's word.  

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100

Islamic Teacher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:42 pm
Why don't we pray for the starving people of Africa
Why don't we pray for the people dying in Burma
Why don't we pray for the Palestine people
Why don't we pray for the people of Libya and Syria
Oh wait
people dying in america are more important burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:35 am
UPDATE:

Suspect Dzhokar Tsarnaev is in custody while being hospitalized in serious condition. So he has been captured, while his older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev (the other suspect), had been killed in a shootout beforehand and was wearing explosives and a triggering advice when he died.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:56 am
Khalid Ibn Walid
Oh wait

Thank you for pointing this out Khalid. You are quite right.
Nobody should be left out of prayers regardless of geographical location.
One reason we do could be that things affect us differently when it happens close to home, and how we are exposed to it through the media. We don't hear so much about the people of Libya or Syria compared to what we hear about our own countries. Not saying that is right, or how it should be, but that is how it is.
People in America is just as important as people dying in any other country, and for any other reason than terrorism.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:14 am
Garland-Green
Khalid Ibn Walid
Oh wait

Thank you for pointing this out Khalid. You are quite right.
Nobody should be left out of prayers regardless of geographical location.
One reason we do could be that things affect us differently when it happens close to home, and how we are exposed to it through the media. We don't hear so much about the people of Libya or Syria compared to what we hear about our own countries. Not saying that is right, or how it should be, but that is how it is.
People in America is just as important as people dying in any other country, and for any other reason than terrorism.

Thank you
all Human lives are equal, but a few people dying in a bombing is sad, however hundreds to thousands of people dying in other countries is sadder  

Islamic Teacher

Islamic Teacher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:20 am
User Image  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out