Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Advice
Please Help Me Answer This Woman's Cry For Help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

calwri

Devoted Friend

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:12 pm
I recently got a message from a woman who sought my help. This is some heavy stuff that I'm not used to answering, so I'm needing your help in responding to her. Your help will be much appreciated! Please respond back to either her or me with advice for her situation. Meanwhile, let's do some prayer power!

Righteous Panacea
Dramatica Angeliqua
Righteous Panacea
I saw your forum "Ask a Christian".
I am in need of quick advice to help me today. I am alone, and do not have anyone to talk to. Can you help me?

Hi! Yes, what can I help you with? I'll do my best. biggrin

Thank you! I'll do my best trying to explain and not be too long.
I recently started to try to get into Christianity, with my help of my aunt.
I just moved near her with my husband, who is in the Navy.

I've had a lot of tragic events that happened to me in my past but recently (about 2 months ago) a certain event happened that really pushed me over the edge.

I've been with my husband for 2 years, and for most of those 2 years he was away from me due to his job. We maintained a long distant relationship. I always had been kind of skeptical about it, but near the last month before I was able to move in with him, across the country, we almost broke up. This was last July. We went through a series of arguments and he lied to me numerous times and took a female coworker out on a date. That day, he ignored me till he went to bed. On that following day we patched up our issues but he was very distant from me. He lied once again saying he was going to a little party with his room mates. After that (about a month later) I moved in with him and we got married in October. The female had messaged me saying she and him made out, and that he said he didn't know about our relationship. She said he was intoxicated.

Before telling him about the message I managed to finally get it out of him. He got drunk that night and had cheated on me. He passed out on his bed and this female started kissing him. According to him, he snapped out of it before it got too far and kicked her out. Both say they didn't do anything further than that.

We were married 4 months when he finally told me about this night in which I always had a gut feeling about. He says he feels bad and that he's glad I found out about it.

The last 2 months for me have been difficult and I find myself crying while I'm alone. I don't have any trust, and I do not have any confidence that we will work out. He insists that prior to that day he never cheated..and that he messed up bad.

He doesn't drink and I've never known him in my 10 years of being his friend priors to dating, as a cheater, or drunk. He says since the day we were married that even though he's felt bad about his mistake, that he hasn't been unfaithful and that he did nothing before this incident. I never thought this would happen.

I feel so miserable with my life right now,. Because I am still so in love with my husband. But I am badly hurt by this. My aunt (who is a christian) tells me that he should be forgiven because we weren't even engaged at the time, and that he was taken advantage of. She made me promise that I would never speak of that problem again and that jesus will help me.

My husband and I have gradually started going to church, and we pray together about this problem. But today I am alone, and my aunt isn't around at the moment. I find myself having 'Triggers" about the problem. I'll be alone..then I'll think about him and this other woman.

I need help. I don't know if it's wrong that I never thought about praying or Christianity until this problem. I tried looking at the issue from every point of view and I feel like if I can look at it through a christ-like point of view that I'd be better off.

What do I do? I feel a bit of hatred towards my husband and it's taken it's toll on me. Our relationship is suffering in my eyes on all levels while he thinks everything is okay. I talk to him about this almost everyday and we pray but when I am alone I feel like my throat has a lump and I just want to cry.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:10 pm
She has to decide whether she wants to forgive him or not. Suggest she read the Bible. Also, she does not have to feel guilty for becoming a Christian now. It is a time to rejoice! I do know all the answers, but God does, so suggest her to pray about it and find people to encourage her on her way. The Bible says wives and husbands have to love each other. I trust God will be able to mend their relationship. Just need faith. I can't write anymore than that.  

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500

jack0076970

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:27 pm
I think SR has it in one.
It's great that she's able to talk about it, for most couples that's probably the biggest stumbling block. Unfaithfulness & lying are pretty devastating to have to deal with on a personal level at the best of times & more so when it's with someone you should have ultimate trust in but her apparent unwillingness to forget what has happened & to completely forgive means that she will never be happy & will never be able to move on in her relationship with her husband.

Philippians 4:6 is a good text that comes to mind... "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."

David's Psalm of Deliverance in 2 Samuel 22 is just a great read as is Isaiah 55 - for brevity I've just linked to the cc site chapters.

... Psalm 34:8 is good - "The LORD is near to the brokenhearted
And saves those who are crushed in spirit.""  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:57 pm
Thank you, everyone! I'm sure she would greatly appreciate the thoughtfulness you put into your words.  

calwri

Devoted Friend

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:22 pm
I dont know if this woman was christian prior to this event but it is good to know she has turned to God. Tell her that when she feels like things are going against her to call upon God's strength and read his word.

Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Also, i would tell her that God says we are to forgive everyone, because he has forgiven us, and that she should forgive her husband. I know it will be hard for her to trust her husband, but with God nothing is impossible.  
Christian Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games