Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
New at work and greetings

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:07 pm
My colleagues often don't tell me Hi first, and I understand this because for some people if they have more experience than you or has a higher position than you , you are the one that must greet them...

So, I greet everyone, they sometimes don't greet me back. So, it makes me think that they dislike me. Mainly, when I talk loud enough and everybody heard that I am greeting that person and that person ignores me.

Beside feeling ignored, there is something I want to ask, is it ok to not say ''bye'' or ''hello'' to your colleagues when you see that they are talking on the phone or to a customer ?

Often when I finish my work, and I see people busy talking to a customer I just leave, because I find rude to ''cut'' their conversation just saying BYYYEEE *NAME OF THE PERSON*.

I just want to know if I am wrong...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:39 pm
Remember that if they're busy they may not be able to answer. You keep on being polite.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Mother Molly

Destitute Faun

34,240 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Budding Witch 250
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:47 pm
I'm the same way. I still haven't picked up the habit of greeting people at work. It's not that I'm trying to be impolite, I'm just naturally a really quiet and reclusive person. As for saying goodbye, where I work we usually only say goodbye if you're passing the person on the way out, or if you're relieving them. If someone's on the phone or talking to a customer don't feel guilty not saying goodbye, since it might be seen as rude on your part if you interrupt them. If they make eye contact, a smile and a nod is usually just as good.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games