Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Study of Ancient Runes I (1/4) *New Class 2/17* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:18 pm
User Image
                                                        Well I thought I knew you, thinkin' that you were true. Guess I couldn't trust, called your bluff.
                                                        Time is up 'cause I've had enough. You were there by my side, always down for the ride,
                                                        But your joy ride just came down in flames 'cause your greed sold me out in shame.

โ†ฌ ๐”๐”ž๐”ฏ๐” ๐”ข๐”ฉ๐”ฉ๐”ฌ ๐”๐”ฒ๐” ๐”ž ๐”‰๐”ฆ๐”ฌ๐”ฏ๐”ž๐”ณ๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ โ†ซ
                                                        Ravenclaw / Third Year / Halfblood

After all of the stealing and cheating you probably think that I hold resentment for you,
                                                        But, oh no, you're wrong. 'Cause if it wasn't for all that you tried to do, I wouldn't know,
                                                        Just how capable I am to pull through, so I wanna say thank you.

โ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œ

Marcello hurried into the Runes classroom after just finishing Advanced Flying. Hopefully he could get through this class quickly so he could go take a shower, and no one was offended if he smelled a bit. Interestingly, Professor Powell was his teacher for this class, as well as History of Magic. Marcel liked History, and he didn't know much about Ancient Runes but figured he would give it a shot. As he took his seat, he took out his textbook and note-taking materials. Professor Powell had a serious of strange looking characters drawn on the board, and he asked them what they meant, giving them the hint that each line said the same thing. Marcello looked at the lines, curious and confused at the same time. He hadn't the slightest idea, and wasn't going to attempt a guess in case he got it wrong.

โ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œโ•Œ

'Cause it makes me that much stronger, makes me work a little bit harder.
                                                        It makes me that much wiser, so thanks for making me a fighter.
                                                        Made me learn a little bit faster, made my skin a little bit thicker.
                                                        Makes me that much smarter, so thanks for making me a fighter.

โ†ฌ x x โ†ญ x x โ†ซ

ใ€ OOC: . . . ใ€‘

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:51 pm
User ImageUser Image
Julius Devereux
Third Year Slytherin
Family Heir - Engaged

Location : Study of Ancient Runes - Friday @ 11:00am

Julius interested in ancient runes and he hoped the class would be interesting. It was his last class of the week never mind the day. He sat focused on the board. From what he could tell they looked to be the same. Certain shapes looked to resemble the letter R. It looked like they might be spelling the word professor at the beginning. When no one answered Julius decided to give it a shot. โ€œI think the first word is professor... so is it your name?โ€ It was his best guess at this point.

With : Class...

Attire : Slytherin Uniform

OOC : - - -

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:10 pm
~New Year~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:24 pm
User Image

User Image

โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Hษชsแด›แดส€ส แดา“ Mแด€ษขษชแด„ || Rแด€แด แด‡ษดแด„สŸแด€แดก Pส€แดา“แด‡ssแดส€ || Sแด›แดœแด…ส แดา“ Aษดแด„ษชแด‡ษดแด› Rแดœษดแด‡s

Powell looked around the room as he prepared it for his first class in Ancient Runes. Honestly, he was pretty excited. He loved history, and this class was just an extension of it. Besides, this was probably the one class he could showcase his love for ancient scripts and not be looked at as odd. Grinning, he wrote on the board a message and settled back to wait and see what came through the door.

Professor Powell
                                              User Image
                                              User Image
                                              User Image
                                              User Image
                                              User Image

"Welcome class to your first lesson in the study of Ancient Runes. If you don't know who I am by this point, you have obviously not been paying attention in History of Magic. Before we begin this lesson, may I advise you that there will not be any spells in class, so please put your wands away." He waited for the class to comply before launching into his, well, so-called lecture. It wasn't so much a lecture in his opinion as it was just having fun with the class. "Now class, I would like you to direct your attention to the board for a few moments. Notice something odd about it? I can tell you that each line says exactly the same thing. Ten points to whoever can figure out what it says first, and we shall move on with our lesson."

Location: History of Magic classroom
                                              Thinking: Let's see who's in this class...
                                              Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                              OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
โœ  Quinn Ezekiel Conri-Dechering โœ  xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxx <3rd Year>
Time: 2042-2043
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Quinn took his seat near the front, not expecting a large turnout for what was rumored to be one of the hardest classes Hogwarts offered. Quinn was ready for the challenge, or at least thought he was. He was a good student and studied hard so he was confident he'd do at least okay in the class. Taking out his note taking supplies and his book he looked up to Professor Powell ready for the first day of class. At least there would be no introductions since it was a familiar professor. Quinn was very thankful that he had started to read the book when he was given the challenge by the Professor.

Furrowing his brow, Quinn focused and referenced his book for a couple of the symbols particularly Y and W before he was able to read the first line. Each line was the same according to Professor Powell and from what he remembered of reading over the summer that seemed right. Raising his hand he waited to be called on and said, "It says: Professor Grayson Powell. It's your name, right?" Oh he hoped he didn't botch the first assignment and sound like an idiot. He was fairly confident he was right though. Like 99 percent sure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                    Ah, such concern for your dear sister
                                    A quiet, thoughtful mind, hm?
                                    Yes, I know just where to put you,

Ravenclaw!
                                    {OoC: }
                                    Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:51 pm
~New Year~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:52 pm
User Image

User Image

Hษชsแด›แดส€ส แดา“ Mแด€ษขษชแด„ || Rแด€แด แด‡ษดแด„สŸแด€แดก Pส€แดา“แด‡ssแดส€ || Sแด›แดœแด…ส แดา“ Aษดแด„ษชแด‡ษดแด› Rแดœษดแด‡s

Powell looked around the room as he prepared it for his first class in Ancient Runes. Honestly, he was pretty excited. He loved history, and this class was just an extension of it. Besides, this was probably the one class he could showcase his love for ancient scripts and not be looked at as odd. Grinning, he wrote on the board a message and settled back to wait and see what came through the door.

Professor Powell
                                              User Image
                                              User Image
                                              User Image
                                              User Image
                                              User Image

"Welcome class to your first lesson in the study of Ancient Runes. If you don't know who I am by this point, you have obviously not been paying attention in History of Magic. Before we begin this lesson, may I advise you that there will not be any spells in class, so please put your wands away." He waited for the class to comply before launching into his, well, so-called lecture. It wasn't so much a lecture in his opinion as it was just having fun with the class. "Now class, I would like you to direct your attention to the board for a few moments. Notice something odd about it? I can tell you that each line says exactly the same thing. Ten points to whoever can figure out what it says first, and we shall move on with our lesson."

OOC:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:20 pm
User Image
โƒVesperaโƒSalazarโƒ
User ImageThird Year SlytherinUser Image

โ–ฌโ–ฌ"An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day." โ–ฌโ–ฌ

Vespera was surprisingly excited for Runes, firstly, it was her only class on Fridays. She had plenty of time to catch up on the rest of her work. Secondly, she'd be able to read some of the other books from her father's library, something she was most definitely looking forward to. She copied what was on the board (very poorley mind you). She then stared at it, hoping that she may be able to figure out what it said, she tried seeing if any looked like modern letters, A Each one said the same thing?

She wrote out on her paper letters per each one, the conbined what she had:
BROFMSOR XRTLZOT BONML

She frowned, that was obviously not the answer, it was non sense letters when combined from what she didn't know. Maybe she should have read the book for the alphabet of advanced runes before class.

โ–ฌโ–ฌ "Even if that walk happens at three in the morning with your best friends." โ–ฌโ–ฌ

โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
Where: Class
With Whom: Third Years
Vespera Description: Short 4'5", blond hair, green eyes and obvious loss of tan from previous years.
Wearing: School Robes
OOC: Open for Interaction

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

_____

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:09 pm
~New Year~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:10 pm
User Image

User Image

Professor Powell
                                              User Image
                                              User Image
                                              User Image
                                              User Image
                                              User Image

OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5