Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
Study of Ancient Runes II (1/4) *New Class 8/26* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:14 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson walked into the classroom confidently and walked over to the board, quickly writing out the lesson of the day onto it and turning around to face the class. This year he was teaching a new group and a new subject, but one he knew quite well. As it was, he was almost vibrating with energy as he bounced on the balls of his feet, ready for class to start.

Professor Powell
                                            Introduction to Anglo-Saxon Runes
                                            User Image

"Hello class and welcome back to the Study of Ancient Runes." He gestured to the board behind him. "As you can see, I already went ahead and wrote the lesson for the day on the board, as well as an example of Anglo-Saxon runes at work. If you can't tell, it's my name, so that's pretty simple, huh? Anglo Saxon Runes are the runes that developed in the British Isles They are known as Anglo-Saxon Futhorc runes because of the first six letters in the alphabet, not unlike the Elder Futhark and how its name originated. It developed because of phonetic changes in the language, and thus the writing system developed two new runes to reflect that. Now, I'm not going to get into a whole lecture the first day of class, but if you're interested, you may try and see if you can write your own name in this system. Just go ahead and use your textbooks to do so, and we shall get into the bigger stuff next class."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: Study of Ancient Runes classroom
                                            Thinking: New year, new runes!
                                            Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                            OOC: Okay, might be a bit of a homework assignment, but an easy one. Just use this link to go to the site I use, and type out your name, select Anglo-Saxon Futhorc, and then select Convert. When that's done, just print screen your result, crop the image down, and then post it in class. That's it, and the translator is really fun to use! ^^
                                            If you are quoted in this course, please post. There has been a seriously lack of posts from students who have been supposed to be in this class, and I will deduct ten points from people that don't post at least once in this year.

Now where did I put that wand?

Red Hot Missy
                                            Jesse Calvert

Cara MiaKitty
                                            Elliot Holt

AlphaApex
                                            Dylan Burgamy

Yukina101
                                            Timothy Cherri

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:03 pm
Tell me about the old days,
Another night at the Copper Coin

User Image

User Image

Fourth year ║ Ravenclaw ║ Chaser ║ Half-blood

Dylan walked into Ancient Runes, glad for another year. Confusing subject, but interesting. He took a seat near the back and opened a textbook, starting to write his name and using the text for reference.

OOC:

Quote:

Tell me about the old days,
Put the sun into the sea.

User Image

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:09 am
User Image
                                                                Never made it as a wise man
                                                                I couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
                                                                Tired of living like a blind man
                                                                I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling
                                                                And this is how you remind me
                                                                Of what I really am

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Ancient Runes
                                                                Who am I with? Professor, classmates
                                                                What am I doing? Learning, duh
                                                                What am I thinking? Hey something to do, nice.
                                                                What am I wearing? Fourth Year Uniform

Jesse listened in on what the class was supposed to be about. Or well, this lesson. After looking at his runes book, he figured writing his name wasn't that difficult. It was just finding the runes for his name, after all.

User Image

OOC:

It's not like you to say sorry
                                                                I was waiting on a different story
                                                                This time I'm mistaken
                                                                For handing you a heart worth breaking
                                                                And I've been wrong, I've been down,
                                                                Been to the bottom of every bottle
                                                                These five words in my head
                                                                Scream "Are we having fun yet?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:42 pm
~New Year~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:48 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson walked into the classroom confidently and walked over to the board, quickly writing out the lesson of the day onto it and turning around to face the class. This year he was teaching a new group and a new subject, but one he knew quite well. As it was, he was almost vibrating with energy as he bounced on the balls of his feet, ready for class to start.

Professor Powell
                                            User Image

"Hello class and welcome back to the Study of Ancient Runes." He gestured to the board behind him. "As you can see, I already went ahead and wrote the lesson for the day on the board, as well as an example of Anglo-Saxon runes at work. If you can't tell, it's my name, so that's pretty simple, huh? Anglo Saxon Runes are the runes that developed in the British Isles They are known as Anglo-Saxon Futhorc runes because of the first six letters in the alphabet, not unlike the Elder Futhark and how its name originated. It developed because of phonetic changes in the language, and thus the writing system developed two new runes to reflect that. Now, I'm not going to get into a whole lecture the first day of class, but if you're interested, you may try and see if you can write your own name in this system. Just go ahead and use your textbooks to do so, and we shall get into the bigger stuff next class."

════════════════════════
                                            OOC: Okay, might be a bit of a homework assignment, but an easy one. Just use this link to go to the site I use, and type out your name, select Anglo-Saxon Futhorc, and then select Convert. When that's done, just print screen your result, crop the image down, and then post it in class. That's it, and the translator is really fun to use! ^^
                                            If you are quoted in this course, please post. There has been a seriously lack of posts from students who have been supposed to be in this class, and I will deduct ten points from people that don't post at least once in this year.

Arkendrai
                                            Maisie Reed

murruelecreuset
                                            Dakota Vann

The Forgotten Weasley
                                            Evander Lillantine

shabatha
                                            Feather Snow

Devlyn Maycry
                                            Micah Yaxley

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:06 pm
User Image

User Image User ImageLocation: Ancient Runes - Wednesday @ 9:00am

Dakota headed off to his second class with Professor Powell. After meeting his new Herbology teacher which he figured would be a lot nicer then Professor Hill, he couldn't wait to get to his next class. Being the first to class, Dakota took his usual spot at the front. Taking his books out he waited for class to start by writing down some ideas in his journal. Once class got underway, the Ravenclaw smiled. Seemed they were starting the year off with something simple. Writing down the information that was mentioned during class he got to work flipping through his book. Finding the letters to spell his name before long Dakota managed to get it on parchment. It was actually a fun little exercise in his opinion.

User Image

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

With: Class... Professor Powell

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC: ---

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

A rather curious lad aren't you?
Not to mention quite inventive.
You'll find your home in...
Ravenclaw

Henry the Black Catx

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:38 pm
There's a war inside of me burning red and honestly-
Any idiot could see that I killed all the hope that I had.
There's a war inside of me, and you watch it silently...
And I wave it constantly like a flag, like a flag, like a flag.
This knife that's in my back keeps twisting; anxiety attacks!
This is a battleground; I'm caught in the crossfire;
My words are weaponry and I'm waiting patiently...

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

ˢˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᶤᶰᶠᵒᵘʳᵗʰ ʸᵉᵃʳᵖᵘʳᵉᵇˡᵒᵒᵈʰᵉᶤʳ

Vander was fighting a losing battle pretending he wasn't as interested in runes as he actually was. He carefully took notes, and immediately set about trying to write his own name in the runes, furiously flipping back and forth through his textbook, pale eyes narrowed in concentration. When he was done, he actually felt a sense of accomplishment.

OOC:
((My Print Screen button decided to refuse to work))
Username

You win the battle now, but I will return the fire.
'Cause I'd crawl on broken glass to be the one who laughs last!
You're advancing mercilessly; unprovoked and needlessly-
And I'll march you into the sea just to watch you drown in the end.
I am used to these black eyes, to be bruised; antagonized;
But it overwhelms my mind to believe that I call you a friend.
Down the trenches I will go, fight the armies on my own...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:47 am
                          User Image
                          USERNAME HERE

【 LOCATION 】 runes class x 【 MOOD 】 serene x 【 COMPANY 】 fourth years x 【 CLOTHING 】 uniform

Maisie wandered into runes class still a bit dazed but, she had to be honest, she wasn't terribly tired anymore. Herbology had woken her up a bit (at least she didn't have to deal with the dreaded Professor Hill that early in the morning...) and she was rather excited to be working with runes. It seemed like something had clicked over summer break and Maisie was actually beginning to like the classes she'd chosen as her electives... Some of them, at least. And she was glad that they were actually going to be doing something instead of the usual review with most of their classes. So, Maisie spent the time flipping around in her text book, engrossed in finding the correct runes to spell out her name. She was rather pleased that she was able to find everything out in a decent amount of time, even if she did take a bit longer than her classmates.

User Image

User Image

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:17 pm
~New Year~

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:20 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Professor Powell
                                            User Image

════════════════════════

Cara MiaKitty
                                            Ivy Bishop

Yukina101
                                            Eirawen Baines

Graydon Ironshield
                                            Selina Grey

murruelecreuset
                                            Grace Mitchell

The Forgotten Weasley
                                            Antigone Lillantine

Shabatha
                                            Sata Snow

[quote="Maiya Kajuji]
                                            Emrynn Bennett

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:01 pm
User Image
                                            And you don't seem the lying kind
                                            A shame you seemed an honest man
                                            And all the fears you hold so dear

User Image

════════════════════════

Fouʀth Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅳ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅳ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text.

Selina made sure to get into class as soon as she could, so she would have a good view of the blackboard, as the lectures were as much written as spoken. She found the class interesting, as she did many of the classes some found so difficult. When Professor Powell started his lecture, she had her notes open, and her pen loaded, and was ready to start taking down the important things she knew she needed in order to complete her assignment.

User Image

════════════════════════
                                            OOC:
                                            User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Will turn to whisper in your ear
                                            and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                            But you know that it means so much
                                            And you don't even feel a thing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:26 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image Location: Study of Ancient Runes - Wednesday @ 9:00am

Grace came to her second and last class of the day straight from Herbology. Once she was done in ancient runes she’d have the rest of the day off to spend it probably in the library or the common room. Either way, she’d be studying for all her other class and finishing up her homework from the other two days. Taking a seat at the front next to Selina, the Ravenclaw noted the Anglo-Saxon runes on the board. If that wasn’t enough of a hint on what they were doing, Professor Powell definitely spoke it loud and clear. Taking down the note on where the runes first developed and why, she waited for further instructions. Having to figure out how to write her name, Grace opened her book and started trying to figure it out. After a slight struggle she managed to write out her name in full.

User Image

User Image

With: Class... Professor Powell & Selina

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC: ---

Lily the Rabbit

Well you certainly know what you want.
And I won't argue with such a mind as yours.
Ravenclaw!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:22 pm
Echoes start as a cross in you,
Trembling noises that come too soon.
Spatial movement which seems to you,
Resonating your mask or feud.
Hollow talking and hollow girl;
Force it up from the root of pain.
Never said it was good...
Never said it was near...

User Image
α и т ı g ø и e
¢ α š š ı ø ρ e ı α
ł ı ł ł α и т ı и e

яανeи¢łαωføυятн чeαяρυяeвłøøđše¢øиđ вøяи

Anti liked this class, a lot, and she sat with Selina and Grace and took rapid fire notes in her neat handwriting. She pored over her textbook, wishing her name were not so long and ridiculously old fashioned, while she was at it. Honestly, Cyrus had gotten off the easiest with 'Cyrus Ezekiel'. 'Antigone Cassiopeia'? Thank the gods this didn't include middle names.

OOC:
Username

Shadow rises and you are here.
And then you cut, you cut it out-
And everything goes back to the beginning.
Silence seizes a cluttered room...
Light is shed not a breath too soon.
Darkness rises in all you do;
Standing and drawn across the room.
Spatial movements and butterflies.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:26 am
User Image

Sata Snow
Slytherin~~~Fourth Year~~~Single~~~PureBlood

We are who we are ~ Feeling kinda bored really.
Even if we are not who we want ~ Class
Or where we want ~ Ancient Runes

Writing in Anglo Saxon runes eh? Sata rolled his eyes at this and opened his book. Pretty happy that his name was small. Really very much so. He looked over as it seemed that Anti wasn't having an easy time. Of course not, her name was incredibly long. He chuckled quietly as he copied the letters the best as he could. He wasn't an artist but it could be done. When he was finished he looked around. Grace seemed done, but she was a know it all. Or that's what it seemed. But then again so was Selina. He rolled his eyes. How did he always get stuck with such people...

User Image

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100