Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
Study of Ancient Runes II (1/4) *New Class 8/26* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:47 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:49 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson walked into the classroom confidently and walked over to the board, quickly writing out the lesson of the day onto it and turning around to face the class. This year he was teaching a new group and a new subject, but one he knew quite well. As it was, he was almost vibrating with energy as he bounced on the balls of his feet, ready for class to start.

Professor Powell
                                              Introduction to Anglo-Saxon Runes
                                              User Image

"Hello class and welcome back to the Study of Ancient Runes." He gestured to the board behind him. "As you can see, I already went ahead and wrote the lesson for the day on the board, as well as an example of Anglo-Saxon runes at work. If you can't tell, it's my name, so that's pretty simple, huh? Anglo Saxon Runes are the runes that developed in the British Isles They are known as Anglo-Saxon Futhorc runes because of the first six letters in the alphabet, not unlike the Elder Futhark and how its name originated. It developed because of phonetic changes in the language, and thus the writing system developed two new runes to reflect that. Now, I'm not going to get into a whole lecture the first day of class, but if you're interested, you may try and see if you can write your own name in this system. Just go ahead and use your textbooks to do so, and we shall get into the bigger stuff next class."

════════════════════════
                                              Location: Study of Ancient Runes classroom
                                              Thinking: New year, new runes!
                                              Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                              OOC: Okay, might be a bit of a homework assignment, but an easy one. Just use this link to go to the site I use, and type out your name, select Anglo-Saxon Futhorc, and then select Convert. When that's done, just print screen your result, crop the image down, and then post it in class. That's it, and the translator is really fun to use! ^^

Now where did I put that wand?

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
Fourth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff