Submit

Forever_Rose09

Shirtless Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Pie Pusher 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:59 pm
I don't really know where to begin since I probably have a lot of explaining to do. Basically I have two older sisters, me being the youngest. We're all two years apart. I love my middle sister; she's caring, creative, and a big troll sometimes. We get into fights but usually we just forget about them the next day. But I hate my oldest sister. She's 18 and has a mild form of some sort of disorder that makes her socially awkward and can't communicate very well with others. She was happy in her last year of high school because she had some close friends. But she hates the college she goes to right now. She likes drawing a lot, so she wanted to be an animator or artist for a manga or something, but my parents wanted her to take an accounting course so she would have a back-up career that pays well in the real world because they're worried she might not be able to make it with the goals she wants to achieve. Things started taking a downward spiral since she tried applying for it. Papers got lost, counselors were contacted, online forms were screwed up, but worst of all my dad started yelling at her a lot more. My mom describes her as a rock. It won't move until you kick it. It's almost like she has no common sense whatsoever. Since she's started her first year of college she's made no friends at all and spends her time alone in the library whenever she's early for school. The college is in our town so she still lives with us, spending practically ALL her time on some virtual world that I forget the name of (it isn't gaia) because I think it's the only place where she has friends. She even Skypes with them and has them on her Facebook.
I'm going to start my ranting now since this is getting long. My oldest sister doesn't have a boyfriend, doesn't have a job, can't drive, can't even cook her own meals or know when to brush her teeth. I couldn't stand to see her crash and burn so I kind of took a little responsibility by reminding her what she needs to do. But eventually that just led to my mom telling ME, a good four years younger than her, to take care of her. I don't understand this at all. I'M the younger sister. Isn't SHE supposed to be taking care of me? I absolutely hate it when my parents yell at me for things I don't do or teach me complicated things that she should've learned years ago. I don't get it, and every time I ask my mom just says that she won't understand, or because she can't take care of herself. But deep down I know mom knows she can't take care of my oldest sister forever. The fact that she has a social disorder won't change in the real world. Nobody will care, they'll treat her like they would anyone else.
Long story short: I hate my sister because she didn't get even a part-time job to help support our family when my dad lost his job. I hate her because she doesn't ever know what to do. I hate her because she never has to do homework when I end up with piles of it for my first year of high school but always says that she finished it at school. I hate her because I have to be the one to take responsibility for her. I hate her because she's lazy and never does anything for me so supposedly I have to care for her. I hate her because she spends all her time on some virtual world and I hate how nothing is ever expected from her all because of that mild disorder!
End rant.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:41 pm
one thing i like about my siblings is that i'm about 8-10 years younger than them
my oldest sister is basically my second mom
though if anyone in the family has a slight mental disorder, it's me
but making the kid take the responsibility? fail
i would say more by my mind's currently scattered
frikkin Umbridge  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Kumiko Fujiwa

Fluffy Lovergirl

13,225 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:22 pm
I dont have any sisters but i have a brother who acts like a jock. He's three or four years older then me and thinks that he can just dump our mom onto me. Seeing as he got his friends to bully me at school (which didnt last long. Beat the crap out of all of them and thats that lol) i was going threw a few stressful things. He turned eighten a few days ago and after that day he was just going around the house bossing me around. I told him to get out and find a job, or ill kick his a** out permanently. He did but he would constantly be late. Blaming me for not waking him up everything. So i kicked him out and started giving all my attention to singing and acting. Thats when he showed up again and asked to stay. Hes now getting to work on time and taking care of my mom when im gone.

Basically what i mean is tell your sister straight out that she needs to get off her a** and learn how to cook, clean, drive, whatever, or shes going to be the biggest failure in her life. But thats just how i am so idk lol  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:17 pm
I know how you feel in a way, not entirely but still. I hate my young brother so much with a passion, maybe even more. I know siblings pick on you and all but my brother sometimes called me fat and overweight, and I SORT of am but he doesn't have to point it out. Sometimes I would get upset also over nothing and after be like. "Why!?"  

KikwiPenguins

Newbie Noob

3,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100

Chatoy

Protective Trash

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:06 pm
I feel bad for you and your sister--your parents do not sound like great parents. They might not be 'bad' parents, but they do not sound like they are great parents. Considering they expect you to pick up their duties while they slack off caring for your sister, and that they have not and do not give your sister the care to develop as a functioning human being?

I believe your anger is misplaced. It obviously comes from a place that was created and allowed to fester by your parents shirking their duties off on you. Your resentment has grown to include silly superficial things, like being overly preoccupied and judgmental over your sister's social activity online, while you do the same activities without judging yourself under the same critical eye. That shows how misplaced the anger is--you should be upset with your parents.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games