Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
If your bf asked you to dress more sexy... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:09 pm
If your clothing style is not like that but more casual (or whatever it is), and your bf asks you to dress sexy, would you do it ?

What is a sexy woman for you?

Is it the same ''description'' than what your boyfriend have ?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:46 pm
      User Image
      User Image

To me, to dress more "sexy" is to dress more "slutty". Cleavage revealing shirts, short skirts or shorts, stockings, that sort of thing.

If my boyfriend were to ask me to dress more sexy, I probably would, but, only because I know he'd never ask me. Let me explain how that makes sense. My boyfriend loves me for me, not my body, not how I dress, not for how I look, but for my personality - he says I'm sweet, smart, caring, etc. He truly loves me for me, therefore would never ask me to change how I dress. But because he loves me for me, I would do it if he asked, unless I get mad and be like "Why would you want that?" Lol.

And I think me and him share the same thoughts on what "sexy" is.

Broken Heart Production

JUST HORRlBLE

Romantic Rogue

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:44 pm
I guess it depends on the definition of sexy. Most people seem to equate it with slutty, like Halloween costume manufacturers.

Sexy is a state of mind. The sexiest woman I've ever seen was wearing a business suit that didn't show any real cleavage, and she wasn't exactly beautiful, but she moved into a room like she owned the place.

Have you ever seen that movie "Ready to Wear"? There's all these actresses, Julia Roberts and a bunch of high fashion models... and then 60-something year old Sophia Loren shows up and they all disappear. Her presence makes them invisible, even if they're right next to her. That's what I want to happen if someone calls me "sexy". It wouldn't hurt if "Here Comes the Hot Stepper" starts playing as I enter the room either :p but I'm flexible.

As for dressing more provocatively, why would I want to? I'm not on the market, nor would I want a guy who just sees my T&A instead of my personality if I were available. (Unless I have plans for the evening, of course! Cleavage is in order then.)

No, I'll stay with my usual outfits. Comfy casual and boho chic.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:17 pm
La Belle Gigi
I guess it depends on the definition of sexy. Most people seem to equate it with slutty, like Halloween costume manufacturers.

Sexy is a state of mind. The sexiest woman I've ever seen was wearing a business suit that didn't show any real cleavage, and she wasn't exactly beautiful, but she moved into a room like she owned the place.

Have you ever seen that movie "Ready to Wear"? There's all these actresses, Julia Roberts and a bunch of high fashion models... and then 60-something year old Sophia Loren shows up and they all disappear. Her presence makes them invisible, even if they're right next to her. That's what I want to happen if someone calls me "sexy". It wouldn't hurt if "Here Comes the Hot Stepper" starts playing as I enter the room either :p but I'm flexible.

As for dressing more provocatively, why would I want to? I'm not on the market, nor would I want a guy who just sees my T&A instead of my personality if I were available. (Unless I have plans for the evening, of course! Cleavage is in order then.)

No, I'll stay with my usual outfits. Comfy casual and boho chic.

What she said. I completely agree.  

TheOneOfName

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:42 pm
I met a guy that told me his last relationship didn't work because his gf didn't want to dress the way he likes...

I didn't agree to what he said ( he was giving arguments how they should please each other and that clothes doesn't change you)...

I'm relieved that not all men are like that...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:54 pm
        Hm, I believe a woman can convey sex appeal by the way she carries herself, not what she wears.
        My boyfriend wouldn't dare, but if he ever said that I'd kick him to the curb.
        I like my style just the way it is (simple-vintage) and I wouldn't change it for a man.

Clasela
Crew

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:09 pm
XxAriaxX
I met a guy that told me his last relationship didn't work because his gf didn't want to dress the way he likes...

Talk about shallow...

Quote:
I'm relieved that not all men are like that...

One of the many differences between men and just guys.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:33 pm
i dress sexy, i believe. too late.

if anything, my boyfriend wants me to wear more clothes, not because he doesn't want me to show off some skin, but because i might get sick ; u ;  

hoenest

Darling

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:24 am
tanqela
i dress sexy, i believe. too late.

if anything, my boyfriend wants me to wear more clothes, not because he doesn't want me to show off some skin, but because i might get sick ; u ;
It's great to have a caring boyfriend ! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:48 am
Well first off, I don't have a boyfriend. But if I did, and he asked me to, I'd be like, "PFFFTTT Not happening." I kind of always translate "sexy" clothing to "slutty", like what's been stated before me. I'm WAY too self-conscious and prudish for that, thank you very much.
But I guess I would have to agree that "sexy" is a state of mind and a manner in which one presents herself. Other than that, *shrugs*  

Ittarius

Noble Traveler

Lady_Whitetree

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:53 am
I'd say "uhm, no. No I won't."

...Besides... I'm about 10 pounds overweight right now (Hey! I did lose around 13-15!) ...so yeah..  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:02 am
Jeez what an a**! Changing your clothes for a guy is one of the oldest things in the books that you shouldn't change for him. If you change let it be for yourself. Ending a relationship over clothes only makes him look not ready for one yet. Unless he finds a weak minded girl none of his relationships will work. And yes sexy usually mean, tight, short, and revealing.

Of course there is talk about real sex appeal and not needing slutty clothes but what he wanted was definitely eye candy to look at.
If you are going to dress differently for a guy to make him extra happy let that be in private if you know what I mean~~  

Natalia Pessoa

Wealthy Giver

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:31 pm
Natalia Pessoa
Jeez what an a**! Changing your clothes for a guy is one of the oldest things in the books that you shouldn't change for him. If you change let it be for yourself. Ending a relationship over clothes only makes him look not ready for one yet. Unless he finds a weak minded girl none of his relationships will work. And yes sexy usually mean, tight, short, and revealing.

Of course there is talk about real sex appeal and not needing slutty clothes but what he wanted was definitely eye candy to look at.
If you are going to dress differently for a guy to make him extra happy let that be in private if you know what I mean~~
Yes ! I tried to explain to the guy that girls should dress the way they want... However, he kept arguing that if I go on a date and doesn't wear ''nicely'' , I won't get a call back. If a guy doesn't care what you wear it's because he is desperate. He said that he has more relationships than me because he can please his gfs ...

So mean !!

I told him that he is shallow and he said that it is not shallow. This is the basics like when you go to an interview you have to dress nicely.

Seriously, I'm out of arguments. I don't want to be rude or anything..Fortunately he is not my bf, just a friend, but I am considering to stop this friendship he is so annoying !!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:50 pm
XxAriaxX
Natalia Pessoa

Yes ! I tried to explain to the guy that girls should dress the way they want... However, he kept arguing that if I go on a date and doesn't wear ''nicely'' , I won't get a call back. If a guy doesn't care what you wear it's because he is desperate. He said that he has more relationships than me because he can please his gfs ...

So mean !!

I told him that he is shallow and he said that it is not shallow. This is the basics like when you go to an interview you have to dress nicely.

Seriously, I'm out of arguments. I don't want to be rude or anything..Fortunately he is not my bf, just a friend, but I am considering to stop this friendship he is so annoying !!

Of course if you are going on a date most girls wouldn't want to look like they stepped out in PJ's. But the way he initially said it sounds as if he is quite picky. So what he finds nice probably isn't what the girl finds nice. And that's what is important. He should first of all respect his girlfriend and not be a picky jerk sounding like he wants to walk around holding a trophy girlfriend that makes everyone else jealous. Plus if he is trying to force someone to dress sexy when that isn't her style that will probably make her feel self conscious and lower her self esteem. She might start thinking she needs to dress as such to have attention and love when that shouldn't be that case. Personal style and comfort must be respected for a healthy mind, and a naturally confident fun girlfriend.

So one thing is dressing up the way you like it another thing is having to follow his stupid standards of what's appropriate for every situation or not.

What ever happened for enjoying the girl herself and her personality and not what she looks like? Shallow shallow. A interview you dress nicely but if you don't have the abilities for the job then you won't get hired usually (unless we think of those bosses who hire just cuz someone looks sexy and there you would have your friend.)

Thank god indeed he isn't your boyfriend. But he doesn't sound worth while of a friendship either.  

Natalia Pessoa

Wealthy Giver

10,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers