Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] Birds of a feather [Lanfen] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:19 pm
No matter how much cheering up Lifen was attempting to imbibe herself with, she still felt like there was something missing - kind of like part of her week was gone, and it made her feel tired, and - admittedly - a little frustrated.

So she found herself standing outside of Lan's abode, sighing a little - the woman had been her constant friend, and she was feeling like she needed to vent to someone who was close to her, who knew her whole story. Lan had always been there, and she would know what poor Lifen as going through. She hoped.

Knocking on the door of the abode, she quietly willed herself to introduce herself. "Lan, are you in?" She murmured softly, hoping the woman was there.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:32 pm
Moma bird had chosen to visit the tiniest of her babies that day, and with a small chirp, Lan peeked her head out from behind the side wall of her home. "For you Lifen, you hardly need to even ask." Smiling, she motioned for the artisan to join her, sliding the door open to invite her friend inside.

"You caught me right at the end of my walk. Some of the flowers have begun to bloom and the gardens have begun to look... reminiscent. It's rather nice given it is what it is." A slow stride, Lans hand remained in the folds of her sleeves. "What brings you here today? Oh-" She perked up looking to one of the side rooms. "I can get you tea if you like."  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:46 pm
"I have been working rather hard on my garden, mm," She lightly quipped when the littlest of her parade of ponies she cared for wandered close with the talk of flowers, giving her a soft look. "It is something easy to work on, and it gets my mind off the current to-dos." She murmured as she went to stand next to the woman in her elegant domain. It was so much nicer than some of the other tents she had been in, but Lifen never showed a lick of discord for her friend's charmed life. It was just the way it was.

"I would like a tea, yes. I have not taken time to just sit and enjoy one in a few days. I would appreciate your company with it, also, I need someone to just rebound off of." She figured, going to walk the woman to a table, not trying to be rude in the domain of a Noblewoman.

"I hope I am not an inconvenience."

iStoleYurVamps
4gotsomething

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:19 am
Lan didn't really work on her garden. She had people do that for her. She did at most, direct them to layout, setting, just exactly where to plant blubs- Lan planned things. That was her contribution to gardening. "I am not... very direct with what I do, but I enjoy the fruits of the labor, and I find that simply sitting in the garden can wash the stress right away."

Moving to a small corner, a kettle was brought over, fresh water already inside. Tiny fire off to the side would heat it soon enough. Cups brought out, a tin of leaves, tiny spoonfuls added- Now it was just a matter of waiting. "I am always willing to listen. After all, you've had to deal with me prattle on about this and that before." She waved it off. "And you would know if you had inconvenienced me. At worst, you're having me take my tea just a few minutes earlier than normal." Smiling she motioned for Lifen to sit.
"What is on you mind Lifen?"  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:38 am
It was evident that Lifen was not used to being waited on - such as Lan or Mengyao were - the helpers making her feel a little nervous and maybe a little claustrophobic, but she entertained the keepers for the time being, sitting at the chosen table, listening to the small talk of the noblewoman, giving her a polite smile.

"I love gardening - I even somehow taught the clansman Sören a few points, surprisingly." She quipped lightly as she went to blow on her tea, to cool it a little. "But I understand the desire to have something to just enjoy. I am sure your garden is luscious. We should go sit together when the early spring growing is done." She figured, before turning her eyes down, knowing that the woman was aware that she was here for something beyond small talk, sighing a little.

"What has not been on my mind, recently." She voiced out, going to lightly press porcelain shaded fingers over her golden eye. "I feel like I have lost something important to me, I am sure you are fully aware." No need to beat around the bush, she figured.

"Have you seen Mengyao? He has since . . . deflected my very being. I worry, but I do not feel like I am entitled to knowing, at times."

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:50 am
There was a small quirk of he lip at Soren's name, light amusement in her eyes as she quipped. "Death isn't the most suited for drawing out life are they?" A sip of tea she nodded in silence at the mention of enjoying the early spring together. It would be nice to have company.

"Would you grant me permission to speak.. bluntly on the matter?"  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:10 am
"He tries." She could only admit, returning the little smirk that she caught on the noblewoman's face, shaking her head softly. "I could not complain about his desire to improve."

But, then the mood changed a little, and the smaller woman stated something sharp and precise, in which, Lifen knew that the small talk on it was over. Clearing her throat, she gave a little wave of her hand.

"I have never request that you be blunt, nor will I now. I can handle whatever is said - I do appreciate the request though."

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:22 am
A heavy sigh, Lan's eyes fixed to the cup in her hands.

"Then I will speak freely, and try to keep my tone... light." Thumb running over the rim of the cup, she clicked her tongue once before she began. "Mengyao has lost himself." No hesitation, the words were dull, yet stung in a strange way. A bitterness on her tongue.
"I hesitate to bring up the subject, but after my last encounter with him I fear that I can no longer protect him- as if I ever could. He has denied... he has our friendship..." She swallowed, words hesitant before she spoke.

"He denied you."

It was not a question, but a statement. She was not blind, and she was not a fool. Something was held between the artisan and the noble, and if not she'd have cried foul.  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:28 am
At first she couldn't say much, eyes lidding a little and turning down to nowhere in particular, flicking a couple times at something only she could see, the light whispers of uncertainty brushed against her ear again. She had expected something like this, though - and after a minute she clicked too again, looking up a little.

"I expected that, to an extent." She finally answered, sipping her cooled down drink, more of habit then necessity, sighing out of her nose. "He came to me, a few weeks back, looking worse for wear, as if he had been battling . . ." she strayed, going to place her empty hand lightly against her chest, patting once or twice. "Internal issues. Told me he did not want to drag me down - would not listen to me. I have not seen him since then, even if he promised he would still stay by me." She admitted, lowering her eyes again as to think about it.

"I assumed something happened. It was bad then?"

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:42 am
It was not something easy to discuss, worse, Lan didn't know the extent how their relationship- until Lifen's claim. Eyes widened just slightly, her grip tightened on her cup. It was quite a thing to hear. To see the glances, the small touches- but to say such a thing was... bold. Very bold. "If I say it was Senga externally, would you be surprised?" He kept her tone even.

A sip of her tea, she kept speaking. "I do not know what you nor others face with this challenge to yourselves, but what I have seen...." The cup sent down, Lan folded her fingers on the table.

"He approached me, aggressively.. negative. Demeaning of himself and others, his clothes a mess, he cared not for anything but his anger it seemed. When I told him I would take him to the court physician he'd have none of it." She looked at Lifen.
"I have not gone to Invictus as of yet, out of both respect for Mengyao and the knowledge that.. it is a sensitive subject. Yet I fear I can no longer withhold my thoughts, not if Mengyao has begun to lash at those closest to him, those in the clan." The words came just above a whisper.

"I fear my lack of seeking knowledge on the subject has only further escalated the situation."  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:10 pm
Lifen caught that widening of her eyes and soft hardening of her body - it was obvious that Lan had some kind of idea before her admittance, and she couldn't help but tut her lightly, giving her a "you knew better than me" look before dropping it, kind of sighing at the name.

"I could not really say I expected that - but considering the last few weeks, I guess they had been heated moreso since, hmm?" She offered, furrowing her eyebrows a little. She wasn't jealous, in any way, just a little hurt that he would deflect to take things out on someone else. What happened to always willing to be around her? That's what got her - Mengyao was sly, but he was not a known liar.

Turning up, she listened to the woman, nodding softly with every statement, thinking carefully.

"I would worry what would happen if Lord Invictus knew what was conspiring with Mengyao - I would not stop you, though. He could have good insight." She murmured, thinking again, eyes flicking from side to side. "He will not come to me, at all, so I am a little helpless in this situation, which frustrates me."

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:31 pm
"Heated." A sad chuckle escaped her. "That is I suppose, a good word for it. As far as Senga is concerned his grasp on reality remains, where as with Mengyao-" She trailed off, leaving the rest unspoken. Mengyao had lost himself, just as he said. Now, it was a toss up as to what remained, what might be recovered.

Reaching out, she gentle set her hand on Lifen's own before briefly pulling away. "He cares for you, and with what you say... I question just how deep." A sad smile, Lan swirled her tea, another sip soothing her senses.

"He's like a great number of us... trained to.. withhold a great deal of our feels from public eye. From voicing them. I do not think he wishes to cause you pain, but prevent it. As full of pride as he is, I cannot imagine his anguish at the idea he would be unable to shield you from what he might view as his own struggles. However." A small clatter as she set the tea down, Lan looked Lifen in the eye.

"I will have to go to him and ask for his aid. As treacherous as such a ground might be, his majesty has faced such a trial before and overcome it, returned stronger. We had faith in him... And I will have faith in Mengyao as well."  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:38 pm
Any response from the Artisan was delayed for a moment as she returned to her internal workings, attempting to think through the turmoil of her head, eyes glazing a little as she tried to sort everything out from what the younger woman said.

She was right, of course, but it didn't help the older horsewoman from feeling stuck in a tumultuous storm in her head, and after a moment she returned, nodding softly and sipping her tea again, like a twitch, almost.

"If there is a way that I can assist, do not hesitate to tell me. I am aware of how noblefolk train, I have been around long enough for him to complain about the simplest things at times, but," she trailed a bit, shaking her head, "I have shown him many times that I am strong enough to drag his sorry end from whatever he finds himself in. By leaving me be, and not hurting me, in his mind, he is harming me. I hope you understand." She decided.

Maybe she was too proud, but she held it high. Maybe being empress for a bit changed her a little internally, hopefully for the better.

"I have faith also, let us hope it is what is needed."

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:23 pm
Lan looked to Lifen, concern etched in her face, deep in her eyes. "It is because you are strong that I fear he will only bring harm upon you both in his efforts to keep you safe from himself. We are not alone, and this way he is acting, seeking his own council when really he needs that of others... it will bring misfortune upon us." A sip of tea Lan looked at her cup.

"If needed, I will summon you for my visit to his majesty. If not, he might summon you himself to seek your thoughts on this matter." Shoulders slumped just a bit.

"Really, treating you like this. He's lucky enough some other stallion hasn't started courting you." She muttered.

Nerpin

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:40 pm
"Either way." She stated, giving the previous statement little thought, eyes turning to the side a little. She didn't have to have Lan tell here that, she knew it was potentially what was happening, and it bothered her deeply. It was nice to have someone to vent to, though.

"I will talk to the Lord if it is requested of me, my insight may not be the best, but . . ." she strayed a bit, giving a little shoulder shrug before the last statement was muttered, making the Artisan raise her eyebrows, allowing the softest smile to show on her face.

"I have not really shown interest in things like that." She quipped contently, sipping her tea. "I have many a stallion as a friend, but that's what they are, friends." She finished, giving Lan another smile, showing that she was honestly amused that the little woman would have said such a thing. She wasn't terribly interesting in furthering any relationships she had with her male friends - they were a support system for her, and she for them as usual.

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff